Queen Rania's Daytime Fashion Part 11: October 2012 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blouse is pretty and simple, wearable with anything IMO. Id live to see the bottom part of the look. It looks like it has leopard print in it.

Yes right , it's leopard print but I guess it's just the belt or something

The skirt is nice but matched with the black top is a bit too dark/harsh IMO. A white **** would've been much nicer.

Queen Rania 3,March,2013

Pics
1- Image Upper.com - View Photo
2- Image Upper.com - View Photo ,,, Loved her Blouse very much , so regal , And her Make-up is perfect .

Rania's skirt is by Giambattista Valli
Second picture you can see some detailing of the pattern which is the same/similar to the picture in the above link.

Last edited:
I like the dress, it looks better in video than in pictures. But I dont like the dress with the coat.

And I dont like her hairstyle.

The dress is pretty and interesting. The coat reminds me of a lab coat. The hairstyle is lovely.

I agree with you all ,, her dress looks nice & suits her & in Video looks better than pics ,, me too I didn't like the coat , Especially with the dress not look good at all ,, her hair not looks nice , Not perfect look !

Her floral dress, at the airport arrival, during the visit to Turkey (Ankara), is Dolce and Gabbana, from spring summer 2013 collection

Here is as similar one, but without the white lace that hers has:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306418048&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446543764&R=8054214152163&P_name=Dolce+%26+Gabbana&N=4294912362+306418048+399545540&bmUID=jQXxaKK

I think it is beautiful...feminine, elegant, appropriate for the occasion, and with a hint of sexiness....very Rania....She always wears the best clothes she has during State Visits.

Last edited:
The dress is nice alone, but don't like it combined with the coat. Her hair looks horrible, especially the highlights with hair down from 3 and 4th march.
To me her face looks different, maybe fuller or maybe it's injections or botox?

Might it not be more appropriate for the Queen of Jordan to highlight Jordanian fashions instead of wearing European designer clothing, especially since Jordan is a poor nation very reliant on foreign aid. Wearing Jordanian designs would help local designers and might help the local economy.

Might it not be more appropriate for the Queen of Jordan to highlight Jordanian fashions instead of wearing European designer clothing, especially since Jordan is a poor nation very reliant on foreign aid. Wearing Jordanian designs would help local designers and might help the local economy.

I agree with you 200%, I had already talked about that matter in many occasions, if it's more comfortable to wear European clothes for day, so it would be better for the Queen to wear the gowns which represents the country she's reprensenting for gala dinners and evening events, and that regardeless Jordan is a poor country or not, a Queen should represent and promote her country and culture not to be a display vitrine for famous designers clothes!!!...There are people who's this is their job, they are called PEOPLE not royals or first ladies!!!

Wearing traditional clothes does not necessarily translate into promoting and representing well a country abroad. Many dictators around the world wear their traditional clothes when abroad, does that mean that they represent well their country? Queen Rania's behavior, activities, etc, are by themselves, a good promotion and representation of Jordan and of the modern muslim woman.

Her clothes are a reflection of her personality, a way of expression and creativity. If this is the way she wants and she feels like dressing, then leave her alone! Her evening dresses at State dinners and galas are always conservative. Plus, she very often wears the jordanian thoub, or dress, to events in Jordan. So I do not see her violating any rule of dress code and conduct.

Finally, there is a handful of fashion designers in Jordan...If she helps them directly by encouraging their profession, she will be heavily criticized by the population (she has already been criticized in the past for her overindulgence in clothes). And nobody wants that...

Last edited:
Wearing traditional clothes does not necessarily translate into promoting and representing well a country abroad. Many dictators around the world wear their traditional clothes when abroad, does that mean that they represent well their country? Queen Rania's behavior, activities, etc, are by themselves, a good promotion and representation of Jordan and of the modern muslim woman.

Her clothes are a reflection of her personality, a way of expression and creativity. If this is the way she wants and she feels like dressing, then leave her alone! Her evening dresses at State dinners and galas are always conservative. Plus, she very often wears the jordanian thoub, or dress, to events in Jordan. So I do not see her violating any rule of dress code and conduct.

Finally, there is a handful of fashion designers in Jordan...If she helps them directly by encouraging their profession, she will be heavily criticized by the population (she has already been criticized in the past for her overindulgence in clothes). And nobody wants that...

Well,I partly agree with you-
Yes,she should wear clothes that make her feel comfortable,confident and pretty and she does look great in European dresses.
In one interview she said that her fashion is a way of expressing herself and she is entitled to chose designers that she wants.

Furthermore people expect a Queen to dress in a certain way and wear elegant,stylish clothes which are often quite expensive.
She can´t wear Marks& Spencer,because she has a role to fulfil and needs to represent her country in a honouable,decent manner.

On the other hand she comes from a poor country,most Jordanians could not even dream of buying just a single item of what she is wearing,there is a lot of poverty and she should take that into consideration as well.
For national day or Jordanian events and visits of charitable causes she usually wears simple clothes,often traditional thoubs or even jeans and t-shirt.

For a charming and sparkingly beautiful lady she can wear almost anything and looks great,that´s why I think she should follow Queen Noor´s way and dress more simple and only chose heavily priced designers for special occasions.

I personally find Queen Elizabeth´s approach to clothes best-have everything tailored to her measure so it will a)fit you perfectly 2) be exactly what you want 3)you don´t promote a certain brand 4)nobody can wear the same clothes as you.
The prices for tailored clothes are not that big compared to what Prada and D&G charge-and you can wear the pieces many times as they don´t come out of season so quickly.

Traditional clothes would be nice or she could mix and match-she may take an European dress and let tailors apply some Jordanian stitching on it or take a Jordanian thoub and combine it with a modern Western-style belt.
The only limit is her imagination or the tailors skills,I find Jordanian clothes quite pretty and comfortable as well,that´s why I am always happy to see her wearing some traditional designs!

I cannot see how she would be criticized for patronizing Jordanian businesses and spending her/their money at home. She has been criticized for spending money on European couture wear so a shop at home policy would help with that as well as aiding the local economy. Promote Jordan both at home and abroad. I am sure there must be someone in Jordan who can make clothes that are both comfortable and elegant so shopping in Rome, Milan and Paris becomes less of a requirement.

I really didn’t understand this look !!! ,, well it suits her , But it’s a mess outfit IMO ,, the top with floral print & the skirt ,, just too much prints for me !!! ,, Only The Jacket is Nice IMO .

You are not alone,I am also a little bit confused with all the effects going on in that outfit,but I absolutely adore the floral print,it looks like handpainted & adds a very fresh touch.A monochrome dress/top with the same print would look phenomenal,the watercolour floral design is enough excitement for one outfit:)

I don´t like the dress. Her bag is also new.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

March 6-Turkey
New floral dress and white jacket
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

the first dress is really pretty and very spring-like, while the second outfit is way too floral it reminds me of the mid 90s.
As for queen Rania's choices in designers to be honest with you she does wear items which were designed by Jordanian and Arab designers like Aennis Eunis, Rami Kashoue.. yet most Arab designers are generally interested in Haute couture rather than ready to wear so they can't replace european designers.
I agree with blauerengel having tailored clothes would be the best for queen Rania's position.

March 12, 2013 - Rania in a blue and white dress with a flower detailing on the waist.

Pretty dress but not liking the shoes color with it.

Full view ** Side view

Well The Dress is Nice & Suits Q Rania well & I like her Hairstyle very nice on her face & I like her earring ,, But me too I agree with you All , I don’t Like the combination of shoes color & the dress ,, not match at all .

Last edited:
The blue and white dress that she wore during Prince Charles's visit is by Antonio Berardi

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom