Queen Paola's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2003 - December 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice outfitt. Lovely how the necklace matches the total.

Her outfit from last night was a nice deep green colour. She was the only who wore a skirt and jacket combo. I'm not sure it looked formal enough.

Her gown today is much better. It looks really lovely.

The Queen although still a beautiful woman has developed an awful posture and terribly fat mid section. In Church she looked very bloated. A corset would have helped.

Her outfit from last night was a nice deep green colour. She was the only who wore a skirt and jacket combo. I'm not sure it looked formal enough.

Her gown today is much better. It looks really lovely.

Are you sure they attended yesterday? According to the Belgian press they where not there and came just today together with princess Claire who was also not attending yesterday!

It's a simple and lovely gown. I think Q.Paola looks decent tonight.

Is the designer Giorgio Armani? I think someone mentioned it on another thread. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
A nice gown, though I thought that the color was a bit dull.

Are you sure they attended yesterday? According to the Belgian press they where not there and came just today together with princess Claire who was also not attending yesterday!
Oops, I mistook the photo posted on 6/17 to be from the pre-wedding concert. :blush:

A very elegant dress (well, of course, it's Armani...) for a very elegant woman :flowers:
An excellent choice imho.

I agree with many of you. This gown looked simply gorgeous on Paola :flowers:. I liked in particular its division into the upper part with delicate lace and the long skirt-part made out of beautifully waved silky fabric. I.m.o., the only “problem” was that the queen looked like a golden goddess from tip to toe because of her blond hair. I would have loved to see her wearing the same gown in a ruby shade, for an example…
Unfortunately, I have to endorse Odette’s comment on Paola’s posture. Mostly, she doesn’t hold her shoulders straight, which is even more surprising viz. disconcerting if you consider the fact that she used to be an accomplished dancer in her younger days. Maybe her posture somehow results from her timidity :unsure:.

Queen Paola's jacket and dress combination for this gala concert was again a very stylish, delicate outfit i.m.o., which definitely suited her! The skirt's soft colour gradient as well as the gray jacket's light-coloured edging looked notably attractive, but Paola's dress could have been a bit shorter and the whole outfit of a fresher shade (like salmon, bright blue or bright green) due to the season...

Yes, you're right! This kind of pants suits her notably well due to being fairly well-proportioned viz. having relatively long legs (which is a considerable advantage since Paola no longer is as slim as she used to be in her younger days).What's more: she doesn't like to wear high heels and she doesn't need to wear them;).

The first and second outfits are nice. I'm not keen on the last outfit. The trousers don't seem to fit her right.

http://cdn.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30259&d=1070939090
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f239/royal-family-of-belgium-432.html (link to origin of pic shown)

I dont know if this has been brought up, but if you look at how this jacket doesnt fit Paola, the sleeves are to long and shoulders too broad... Almost a MAN'S fit i'd say.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Picture details

Picture details

It has all the signs of being the same coat, if Paola were to cloce the coat on her the buttons would not be visable... Athe pockets are the exact same....:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, it's not that bad, just about a size bigger IMO. Besides, they were out for a walk, not on duty.;)

Oh ni, i'm totally for it, i think it's brilliant but i just thought it was kind of not cute but slightly down to earth, unusual thing... After all i'm not adverse to wearing a man's coat if it's cold.

Paola looks young in the pictures.
The suit looks okay.

While I'm not 100% convinced on the hat, the jacket and skirt Queen Paola wore today is just wonderful on her. The jacket, particularly, is so beautifully cut. I sometimes feel that Paola does not wear enough colour (much grey and beige) but today, the colour, although neutral, was just beautiful on her. The woven detail on the jacket is something I just love.

I don't know about this outfit, I don't like the outfit it looks like a checkerboard.

:previous: That's the first thing that came to my mind too is that it reminds me of a checker board. I like it though, it's so original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom