Queen Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 3: April 2017 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mathilde looks beautiful, and while I'm not 100% on board with the neckline, my love for burgundy velvet makes this gown a winner for me. What a lovely woman she is!

Asides from the neckline on the gown its a winning look on Queen Mathilde at the State banquet tonight at Laaken.

The dress is nice and classic. The way she draped the cordon is not much to my liking. It looks like sliding away from her shoulders.

Holy smokes, that dress is stunning. I love the sexiness it has whilst still being regal.

Mathilde looks very unnatural to me. Looks like there was a significant amount of photoshopping resulting in a rather fake picture (especially her face).

I actually think the background got the most work - and it makes her face look odd. The photog made some odd choices in background adjustments (compare his and her halves?)

But this is just a yummy look on her. Brava!

During the French President's state visit to Belgium, so far, Queen Mathilde has looked relaxed. She looks less relaxed if French is not spoken around her. I love her evening look: she looks radiant and charming. By the way, they don't always tell us how Queen Mathilde has come into some of her ice, like these fabulous earrings.

The dress is nice and classic. The way she draped the cordon is not much to my liking. It looks like sliding away from her shoulders.

I agree and have noticed it before on Mathilde.
Her sashes are sometimes floating somewhere under her bust.

The gown is gorgeous.

I agree and have noticed it before on Mathilde.
Her sashes are sometimes floating somewhere under her bust.

The gown is gorgeous.

She can use a nice broche or a diamond pin to fasten her cordon. I thought the dress was black, but it seems dark bordeaux red. Very nice.

Queen Mathilde at a concert in Berlin, Germany, this evening, November 23:

** Full view **

Ohhhhhhhhh, not good at all. In fact weird and strange don't begin to describe this whatever it is...

I don't like it either. Strange print and mixture, strange cut and the colours aren't nice. Rather art than fashion ;)

I like the side view very much. And I usually enjoy artsy prints. Perhaps this dress needed one less element? It is a bit fruit salad-ish. The wing thing right on the belly is not flattering. And it is not a great fit across the bust - but that is Natan, isn't it?
I think it is good in the location, and that one should wear something arty with artists though.

It looks like Natan heard Mathilde needed a dress in a rush, had a few pieces of leftover fabric hanging around from other projects, and whipped something up overnight. I can't even begin to think how this could have been improved.

Mathilde looks pretty sassy in that outfit. I like it.

The queen's hairstyle makes her resemble the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg ,not a bad outfit minus the belt.

Happy Mr Bouzouk was able to do Queen Mathilde and Princess Elisabeth make up.
Princess Mathilde should have asked him also . What a difference .

Not a fan of Mathilde's look at the Christmas concert. The trousers aren't my cup of tea.

Last edited:
(..)
Great outfit hairdo , make-up and earings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly think that queen Mathilde looks more beautiful now than when she was 20 years younger. Yeah, I'm jealous :)

Sush classical and pretty look for Matilde,i agree with who say it's sexy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom