Queen Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 1: July 2013 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The print is not pretty and the dress could've been done better. This dress would work on a pregnant women and it's a shame that Mathilde tall and a slim figure wears such dresses that don't flatter her. The dress I think should've been more fitted and then flared lower waist and not flared out higher up. I love her hair all up and her make up looked really nice. I think she could've added a nice brooch to complete the look.

Her hairdo is really perfect. Silver gray suits her.
I do not like snake print and unfortunable the dress does not fit, it seems too tight across her bust line. But She still looked very elegant.

I just saw a short video of her arrival in the dress and it looks even worse. Really looks like the waist is way too high, almost maternity, and then the skirt doesn't flow at all, just sticks out like a Barbie doll outfit. unforgivable some of the clothes she wears, she is so beautiful and tall and could wear anything.

I usually don´t like lace dresses, but this dress fits her just right. I like her hairbo too.

The lace dress on the Queen is lovely. The cut is perfect on her and is well tailored.

She looks elegant and very regal in this lovely dress. I wish she would wear more from this designer and less from Natan. Beautifully designed and fitted. My only negative are the earrings, and I am nit picking now.

Mathilde looks wonderful! That lacy dress is beautiful and looks great on her. I do believe Queen Letizia has also worn a similar dress in the past, but I can't find a photo of it right now. Like udyusa (I don't think you're nitpicking, by the way) the only part of this outfit that I don't like as much is the earrings, as I think they're a little big and they're also not really my cup of tea.

Not one of my favorite looks on the Queen.

I'm not a huge fan of Mathilde's latest outfit either. The colours are not really my cup of tea and the skirt reminds me of an office or school carpet. From what I can see, I'm not that keen on her make up either. The only positive thing I have to say about this outfit is that the colours suit her a little.

Love the top, dislike the skirt.

I do like it, but I lean the opposite direction. I like the skirt and wish the top did not puddle below her bust-line (sleeves do this too). But very "her" and the unobtrusive pattern brings it some life. JMO. :flowers:

Queen Mathilde at a dinner for David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and his wife at Laeken castle today, October 27, looking great in a long velvet dress:

** Full view ** Upper part **

:previous: She looks fabulous in that dress- kind of like Grace Kelly, in fact.

:previous: She looks fabulous in that dress- kind of like Grace Kelly, in fact.

Love it. So regal, every inch a Queen, and so Grace Kelly! Wow!!
I thought the GG was in the Netherlands today? Guess he doesn't let grass grow under his feet...

Last edited:
Magnificent! Wish we could get a better shot of it. That off the shoulder is perfect for her, her hair framing her face perfectly, dark blue velvet form fitting gown, perfection

:previous:Your description is right on, she looks out of this world, WOW is the term for her. The style is perfect and the dark blue is wonderful on her. Now all she needs is a big gorgeous diamond necklace!

Queen Mathilde at a dinner for David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and his wife at Laeken castle today, October 27, looking great in a long velvet dress:

** Full view ** Upper part **

She looks amazing! Absolutely stunning. Exquisite style and color. One of my new favorites.

Stunning, magnificent, breathtaking.

Mathilde looked nice at the dinner. The dress suits her figure and her height. I felt that something was missing like a necklace or bigger earrings.

IMHO the queen looked phenomenal, though I agree a brooch or necklace would have been nice. She does wear pretty emerald earrings though.

Very classy dress and of course i like it. The dress suits her perfectly.
The dark blue isn´t my favorite, but the color is perfect for her.

This is absolutely beautiful and gorgeous. Very classy indeed.
I would like to see Mathilde use jewellery specially brooches, but she looks so amazing in this dress that I think it was better that she didn't use any except for her earrings.

Mathilde looks amazing! She's another royal, like CP Mary, who could make a potato sack look elegant. I love the colour of the dress too, as it suits her well.

I thought the GG was in the Netherlands today? Guess he doesn't let grass grow under his feet...

I'm not sure on his whereabouts at the moment (it's probably mentioned in either of Maxima or Mathilde's current events thread), but Belgium is part of the Benelux countries like the Netherlands is, so he hasn't got very far to go. I don't know, but perhaps he's touring the Benelux countries or wanted to pop by in Belgium for a while. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom