Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 7: March 2017 - March 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a smart dress, so elegant and chic. It fits well, the color is perfect on her, the fabric seems light weight and not heavy for the summer. The style suits her and there is nothing wrong with this lady today. Perfection all around.

The pink shift is glorious...love it! ? No comment on the horizontal striped dress.:sad:

Nice dress. Not her best hair day. Good shoes with this!

The print is terrible. Not one of her her best looks.

I'm not a fan of Mathilde's dress, the print is a bit carpet-like to me.

Pretty but too busy. If was just a skirt in the pattern, would be much better.

I'm not one of those persons who like to make comparisons, but this is a very Maxima dress...in a very Mathilde sort of print. I am not sure what to make of it...I love the colour and the flower print, but those sleeves don't seem apt for a warm July day.

I'm not a fan of Mathilde's dress, the print is a bit carpet-like to me.

Yes exactly my thoughts too,not one of queen Mathilde's best looks and hopefully we won't be seeing it again.

Much classier and elegant outfit from this mornings Mass in Brussels.

We will see if the Queen will wears the same dress this afernoon.

Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 7: March 2017 -

Apparently the Queen's Fabiene Delvigne hat is made from banana leaves and the Natan dress is in silk.

Last edited:
I love Mathilde's dress. Fantastic colors and details.

Baron Natan's dress was to heavy , but wonderful hat for the future Barones Fabienne Delvigne. Everybody is joking about Vermeulen being Baron !

The purple dress was stunning. The sleeves are so Max but Mathilde can pull off. Silk dress, would not be as heavy as one may think. I even like her hat :flowers:

Her casual look later is simple but quite nice as well ?

That dress is quite wrinkled across the hips, which usually means it is a bit too tight.
And why is she wearing one glove?

It's because with the other she's shaking hands.

The design of Mathilde's dress is beautiful but the colour is rather drab to me. The dress would be much better in black, white or navy blue IMO.

She looks fantastic. Marvelous color.

There is something problematic with the hem. Dress weights creating points? Not properly pressed? No Bueno.

Its a nice dress but I don't like the colour ,the poppy is a lovely touch.

If she must remove them to shake hands, why wear gloves at all?

Don't ask me, I didn't write etiquette rules ???? (Yes, I know QEII doesn't remove her gloves, but rules never applied to her).

:previous: She makes her own! I think after a lifetime of sweaty handshakes keeping her gloves on is probably far preferable and also why she oddly wears dark gloves.

However, Q Mathilde looks lovely, I even love her hat! Creases such as that on her dress are very indicative of relatively straight dresses, warm weather and sitting down. No biggie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom