Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 3: September 2014 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France

Welcome to Part 3 of
Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here.

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I like this dress on HM. The neckline is flattering, but I agree the skirt could be tapered a little. Love the color.

I like it somehow, even if it looks like a couch cover.

Cute but don't you think the dots could have been matched

This might be one of my least favourite outfits on Mathilde - the print reminds me of 70's wallpaper, and I don't like how the skirt is the same print as the dress on one half, but the other half is white. Her hairstyle is also a little unkempt IMO. The only thing I like here is her clutch.

The seams are terrible; typical Natan. I also dislike the different fabrics used on the skirt. About the only thing I like is her clutch. I'm with HereditaryPrincess on this outfit.

Wow... that was an extremely ill-matched seam indeed. In those television shows where amateurs try to win a professional couture contract, this "product" would have been reason to send a candidate off...

I wonder why this was acceptable for the Queen of the Belgians...

:sad::ohmy::ermm:

This look is definitely not boring, but at the same time rather bad.
Nice colors, but something is off. But my biggest complaint concerns the hairstyle. It seems incomplete. The more I look the more I like the matching jacket.

Mathilde visited three social projects of the "Relais Social du Pays de Liège" in Liège today, September 16, recycling her black and blue dress of the Fall/Winter 2013 collection by Natan.

** Full view ** Upper part ** January 2014 **

Mathilde probably knows nothing about sewing so when the designer gives her something she wears it. If she did she wouldn't wear half the things she gets from Natan.

Mathilde visited three social projects of the "Relais Social du Pays de Liège" in Liège today, September 16, recycling her black and blue dress of the Fall/Winter 2013 collection by Natan.

** Full view ** Upper part ** January 2014 **

I think this is a perfectly acceptable, though unexciting, dress HM used - I guess dresses like this form the bedrock of a modern Queen's working wardrobe.

I think Natan and others are never paid !
I know nice houses in Brussels who doesn't like to have the royals as costumers !

I like this dress on Mathilde. It is a perfect example of a simple, yet smart, dress for a working Queen. I like her earrings and shoes, as well.

The print is not good, her shoes are not very well matched IMO. I don't like her hairstyle.
Overall it's a bad look, very bad look.

I think Natan and others are never paid !
I know nice houses in Brussels who doesn't like to have the royals as costumers !

Even though it is not, this dress could well have been from LK Bennett or another London based "affordable luxury" company

Queen Mathilde attended the 11th meeting of the German-speaking heads of state in Bad Doberan, Germany, today, September 18, recycling the elegant combination in black and white she had worn during the visit in London in March (hat and hairstyle had made it even a bit more elegant last time):

** Full view ** Upper part ** March 2014 **

Queen Mathilde attended the 11th meeting of the German-speaking heads of state in Bad Doberan, Germany, today, September 18, recycling the elegant combination in black and white she had worn during the visit in London in March (hat and hairstyle had made it even a bit more elegant last time):

Aaaaah, finally a good one now..... after the orange dot nightmare and the blue something......
She is really looking good!

Regarding haircut: on the first pic it looked perfect..... the second one: was this a bit windy?????
BYe Bine

I agree that it looked smarter the first time she wore it. I still find it a flattering dress. Her hair does seem to need something done to it.

Still very elegant, but liked it better last time with the hat.

The pants look like a giraffe or a zebra with red paint over them. Miss. Don't like the top either.

Last edited:
Good grief. The first time was bad enough and to wear it again?! Sorry, but the horizontal print on the too short pants is not flattering. And the top doesn't go with the color of the pants. I do like her flats, however.

Really no good someone should burn those pants, those stripes couldn't look good on anyone. And that terrible, what is it rust color blouse. Why?

I'm not a huge fan of Mathilde's trousers, but overall she looks nice and the outfit gives off a warm and autumnal feel, which I guess is quite appropriate at the moment! :)

A nice casual and practical outfit for Mathilde during the annual Car-Free Sunday in Brussels today, September 21. Elénore was her cute little twin today ;)

** Full view ** Upper part **

A nice casual and practical outfit for Mathilde during the annual Car-Free Sunday in Brussels today, September 21. Elénore was her cute little twin today ;)

** Full view ** Upper part **

Lovely outfit and lovely colors. These soft colors are very pretty on Mathilde.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom