Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 3: September 2014 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like a couple of others have posted, I could do without Queen M's headpiece but otherwise she was sheer elegant perfection in her slim green coatdress. I love it.

I have mixed feelings about this outfit. I think the coat is very beautiful, the colour, the cut, etc. But I'm not liking it on Mathilde. It makes her shapeless. The choice of accessories wasn't the best either. I dislike the headpiece and all the other accessories are a in a different shade of blue, which is not working. The colour of the gloves is weird with the colour of the coat. With sunlight (link), I can bear them, but with flash (link), they just look wrong. (They actually match with Letizia's skirt)

Guess I'm the only one who thinks its a horror! The coat doesn't fit her IMO, the hemline appears to dip in the middle front and back, on purpose I guess. The buttons are supposed to be under the bust maybe but appear not on the waist not under the bust, don't look attractive. Saw a video of them walking and she seems to not be able to walk in heels, maybe it was the surface. I thought the coats tailoring made her look huge, and not just because she was next to letitzia. Watching her sit down at the lunch, she has such a pretty smile.

And no outrage! I was expecting the forum to light up with shock and horror! Or perhaps they've all fainted!

Funny! :p Had you not said anything I wouldn't have sought it out. There it was, a serious wardrobe malfunction. ;)

Nice leg.

P.S. I like the outfit. She looks very nice. :flowers:

Last edited:
I agree totally with Frelinghighness , she cannot walk with such high heels this is seen so many times that it is now a joke.
Lady Nimue, I like your thread , this should not happen to a Queen on a Royal Visit to Belgium.
Kind regards MO

The wardrobe malfunction was unexpected and very unfortunate. Hopefully Queen Mathilde will be extra careful next time.

Last edited:
I think Mathilde looked lovely, the coat made her look like an elder queen, a more experienced one than her visitor.

I LOVED the head piece. It was a great choice. This headpiece allowed her to have her hat-wearing route on official visit without making her visitor look under-dresses as I think she knew that Letizia would not wear a hat

Queen Mathilde in a recycled combination of animal print blouse and pencil skirt at a meeting with members of the press at the Royal Palace in Brussels on November 13:

** Full view ** Upper part ** October 2014 **

Last edited:
It's not a bad look, although I would never wear it myself, but as it was an informal meeting , I think it's ok

I love the colour of Mathilde's green suit, it's nice and refreshing for November, when most people are starting to wear more darker colours. That particular shade of green also gives off a rather vintage/WWII feel to me. However, I'm not a fan of the buttons, and there's something a little off about the fascinator IMO. But, she looks trés chic.

In regards to her second outfit, I'm not a fan of her top, but that might be due to the fact that I've never been a fan of leopard or other animal prints on clothing. I love her skirt however.

And no outrage! I was expecting the forum to light up with shock and horror! Or perhaps they've all fainted!

Funny! :p Had you not said anything I wouldn't have sought it out. There it was, a serious wardrobe malfunction. ;)

Nice leg.

P.S. I like the outfit. She looks very nice. :flowers:

The wardrobe malfunction was unexpected and very unfortunate. Hopefully Queen Mathilde will be extra careful next time.
No, no outrage. Why whould there be? There is a world of difference between a serious wardroble malfunction which, fortunately, left her a little modesty but would have given her a serious OMG reaction and someone whose repetitive malfunctions have lead to the taking of bets: "thong or commando"!

I think Mathilde looked lovely, the coat made her look like an elder queen, a more experienced one than her visitor.

I LOVED the head piece. It was a great choice. This headpiece allowed her to have her hat-wearing route on official visit without making her visitor look under-dresses as I think she knew that Letizia would not wear a hat
I think you are right in that it certainly was a given that Letizia would not be wearing a hat. Mathilde handled the situation perfectly, and while Mathilde is not older than Letizia, she is of the aristocracy and more comfortable with the nuances of protocol and "dress for the day".

:previous:Thank you MARG, for pointing out the obvious!

There is no comparison between seeing a single flash of leg and thigh from a Royal female as opposed to repeated glimpses of her bare rear end.

Therefore outrage. At least from me!:cool:

I think you are right in that it certainly was a given that Letizia would not be wearing a hat. Mathilde handled the situation perfectly, and while Mathilde is not older than Letizia, she is of the aristocracy and more comfortable with the nuances of protocol and "dress for the day".

I guess I wrote badly, I didn't mean their age difference, what I was trying to write was that Mathilde has been Queen for about a year more than Letizia has been.

Queen Mathilde at a reception at the Royal Palace today, November 18, wearing a lovely new dress in light pink:

** Full view **

Simple but not plain, elegant and classy. This is Mathilde at her best...she should always use pastel colours and keep it simple like that

Queen Mathilde at a reception at the Royal Palace today, November 18, wearing a lovely new dress in light pink:

** Full view **

The simplicity of this is lovely. Its simple yet there is something elegant and formal about it. It's not a boring dress. the silver belt is nice match.

Love it! Elegant. Love the color and belt.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a lovely pink outfit. I love that shade of pink. I don't like the shoes though.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is lovely on her... a breath of fresh air! Beautiful color that she should wear more often!

I the dress is lovely on her and i like it very much. I think the colour suits her.
I like the simplicity of this outfit.

Don't like it at all! To go from that lovely pink to this- not good!

Last edited:

Queen Mathilde at a celebration on the occasion of the international day for children's rights in Brussels today, November 20, wearing a grey top and a leather skirt:

** Full view **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom