Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 2: February 2014 - September 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Mathilde, pretty in pink, handed out the "InBev-Baillet Latour Health Prize 2014" in Brussels today, April 23 - the lower part of the dress has another shade:

** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Full view **

I don't think this dress is flattering at all. It makes her look bigger in the waist. I also don't care for the darker shade of pink at the bottom of the dress.

I like the color, even in the darker shade of pink. She is pretty in pink.
However, the cut is bad and i don´t like her hairstyle too.

I am underwhelmed by Queen Mathilde's appearance, I am afraid to admit. The print of the dress reminds me to granny dresses. I also miss a nice sparkling brooch to spice up things, she is the Queen of the Belgians.... come on, show it, Ma'am...

:flowers:

The dress has a retro vibe. Fuchsia accents (handbag and shoes) enlivens the look. Horizontal pattern is not particularly flattering.

Last edited:
I am underwhelmed by Queen Mathilde's appearance, I am afraid to admit. The print of the dress reminds me to granny dresses. I also miss a nice sparkling brooch to spice up things, she is the Queen of the Belgians.... come on, show it, Ma'am...

:flowers:

I agree what you say about a brooch - quite often I find a pattern or colour needs to be broken up a bit with some diamonds!

Pretty colors, but I'm not liking the horizontal striped effect. And what's with the strange inverted darts on the skirt?

Pretty colors, but I'm not liking the horizontal striped effect. And what's with the strange inverted darts on the skirt?

That is the fashion, retro 1950's. Als other royal ladies can be spotted with this sort of skirts. These seldomly become the wearer well, I must say.

:ohmy:

I must say that I agree with you that it is not a flattering look, Duc_et_Pair.

I like the dress she wore today. Love the hot pink handbag!

For me, the brown ruins what would've been a great dress. I think that's because the other colours are softer and more pastelish, whereas the brown is quite bold and strong. Other than that, Mathilde looks elegant and the hand bag is cute.

Pretty dress. Nice combination of colors, goes well with pink hand bag and shoes. But i don´t like the horizontal striped effect.

A lovely and elegant outfit - I'm desperate to see a diamond brooch with it!!

Who is the lady they are with? She looks rather elegant too in dark blue.

This is such a lovely dress and color.
It would've looked better with a brooch though.

The brooch would have added a nice touch to the ensemble.

Lovely dress and color. But as other's have said, it needs a brooch.

That color is absolutely stunning!
But it looks better with a brooch- like she had it in Monaco.
No complaints today though.

I guess I'm on my own here as I think the dress is fine without a brooch. Mathilde looks elegant and I love that shade of purple. However I'm not a huge fan of the extra layer of fabric (I'm not sure how to describe this, this may be a confusing description) on the top half. It looks a little odd.

I know what you're talking about, and it is a little odd, I still like the outfit.

Where's the brooch? the other horrible N outfit with the hips and weight addeing invertted pleats was really unfortunate, even beautiful mathilde couldn't save it.
I liked that she wore low heels for her shorter hosts, for me a sign of respect.

Can't say I like it- hurts the eyes.

Lovely dress and very interesting from the front.
Beautiful pastel shade of green.

Love the interesting detailing on the front of the dress. I don't care for the peep-toe platform shoes, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom