The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-05-2018, 08:28 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudete View Post
The Queen has had similar outfits in the same style for more formal events too I believe? Wasn't there a red brocade with a brown fur trim and a yellow brocade with a black fur trim for such events too?
Yes, that's correct! :) the Queen also has a red brocade cape/dress and a yellow one. she wore them on two photoshoots. Can't recall her wearing them to events.

The red brocade from a photoshoot in 1997 (with Crown Prince Frederik):

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/71/c7...2f389284fe.jpg
http://www.lisahoyrup.dk/jk/wp-conte...NNINGENwww.jpg

The yellow brocade (don't know the year....maybe also 1997 and the same photoshoot as with the red one?):

https://theroyalcorrespondent.files....mark.jpg?w=480

The photoshoots are my absolute favorite of Her Majesty ever. She looks so regal, powerful and beautiful in them.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembra View Post
Yes, that's correct! :) the Queen also has a red brocade cape/dress and a yellow one. she wore them on two photoshoots. Can't recall her wearing them to events.

The yellow brocade (don't know the year....maybe also 1997 and the same photoshoot as with the red one?):

The photoshoots are my absolute favorite of Her Majesty ever. She looks so regal, powerful and beautiful in them.
They yellow brocade dress was worn for years at the the New Years receptions until she started to wear the blue one in 1997.
The red one which has a fur trummed Jacket/Coat was worn the first time for the Wedding of Joachim and Alexandra in 1995 and then several times to other white tie Evetns without the jacket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
The Queen apparently feels that it's appropriate to use the same dress for these occasions every year. It's not that uncommon - the royal ladies of Sweden wore the same dresses for the Opening of Parliament for almost 200 years and the royal ladies of the UK generally wear white for the same event in their country.
Only that in Sweden all royal ladies who where present whore the Court Dress and in the UK they are wearing different white gowns. I think it would not so much noticed if Crown Princess Mary would follow the Queen in wearing the same gown every year for both of the New Years Courts.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:43 AM
Courtier

I think that as a "uniform" it not only suits the Queen but it's a powerful image too. I love that Her Majesty has put so much thought into this.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:57 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
They yellow broicade dress was worn for years at the the New Years receptions undtil she started to wear the blue one in 1997.
The red one which has a fur trummed Jacket/Coat was worn the first time for the Wedding of Joachim and Alexandra in 1995 and then several times to other white tie Evetns without the jacket.
I see. Just goes to show how poor my memory is
Old 01-05-2018, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibrarianDaisy View Post
...She did say in about 2011 that she was planning on replacing the current one but obviously hasn't got round to it yet. Maybe next year.....
All three Court dresses are really beautiful and I will be intrigued to see what Queen Margrethe chooses if she replaces the blue one!
Old 01-06-2018, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I would love it if she gave the blue one a rest and wore the red one on the first day and the yellow one on the second day. Or repeating any other dress she has on the second day at least.

I do however like the idea of a uniform. I’d love it if queens regnant wore military uniforms to these events actually. It was fabulous when Queen Elizabeth was younger and wore a uniform for Trooping.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Thank you for finding these gowns........I remembered them yet could not find them on the internet..............I have to say that the red gown with the fur trim is my all time favorite gown of Queen Daisy, that fabric is beyond stunning, it is gorgeous and I so wish I could get my hands on about 10 yards of it. I have looked to fabric like that for decades now and can't find it...........now that I have pictures of it hopefully I can find it somewhere. She looks marvelous and even to this day as she gets older, she gets more beautiful then ever......she to me is one very amazing lady! I am of the group also that wants that blue gown retired for the red one to be seen again.....
Old 01-06-2018, 11:39 PM
Nobility

Do you think that Queen Margrethe sews any of her own clothing?
She and her sister, Benedikte, look as if their dresses are handmade - by a personal dressmaker or even themselves, I wonder?
Old 01-07-2018, 12:16 AM
Royal Highness

No I do no think that Queen Margrethe sits down and personally sews any of her own clothing yet being an artist she has learned to pay attention to the details of all things related so that would include clothing. I am sure that she and her sister have personal seamstress who make most of the clothing that they wear. That to me would be a dream job in making clothes for her. Being someone who sews and knows something about fabric I can pick up on cheap fabric just by the touch of it, and I look at the construction of clothing when I go in dept stores to see how they made or not, mostly they are poorly made. To me it is all in the tiny details that make a piece of clothing worth something. The red and gold silk brocade fabric is rich beyond belief, just looking at that picture of her in that gown showed me what gorgeous fabric it was. All this comes from generations of sewers in my family and lots of time in design schools to help me learn about sewing and fabrics.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Queen Margrethe received the President of Moldova's Parliament Andrian Candu today, January 23:

** Full view **
Old 01-23-2018, 08:03 AM
Royal Highness

Those plum colors do look so nice on her and they are perfect for this time of year. One thing I noticed, did Prince Haakon leave his shoes there one time? My dear Queen Margarethe you do need new shoes ............
Old 01-23-2018, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen has one leg shorter than the other , certainly because of her back problems. But her dresses are normal ! they should be adapted.
I may understand that she is wearing now flat shoes , but hers are not nice.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:07 AM
Majesty

Queen Margrethe at a military parade

Queen Margrethe attends a military parade at Rosenborg | Newmyroyals & Hollywood Fashion
Old 03-20-2018, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Queen Margrethe at the celebrations marking the 90th anniversary of the Handcraft Fair in Greve today, March 20:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Old 03-20-2018, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I get it that she and Mary coordinated, but black and white is just lost on her. The red can't save it either. Black would be better. Black and anything but white would be better.

But, fine for a work day.Fine for morning.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Queen Margrethe opened the exhibition "From the Queen's Wardrobe" in Aarhus today, March 27:

** With a fur jacket ** Full view ** Upper part **
Old 03-28-2018, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The court mourning period must be over,nice outfit and colour on H.M.The Queen and lovely to see her smiling again.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Awful upper part , to narrow , too short etc
Old 04-04-2018, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Queen Margrethe at the annual torchlight procession at Fredensborg Castle this evening, April 4:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Old 04-16-2018, 06:58 AM
Administrator

Queen Margrethe in a recycled pinstripe combination on her 78th birthday today, April 16:

** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **