The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Margrethe in red at a gala dinner celebrating The Danish Science Society's 275th anniversary on November 13 (I couldn't find any full view photo yet, but found one from a previous occasion):

** Upper part ** April 2015 **

Today, November 15, she handed out the Queen's Watch in Copenhagen - she has much nicer jackets and hats than these...

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
Know I am late here but have to say I love the evening look- and the bling too.

Old 12-15-2017, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Queen Margrethe at a meeting of the Royal Danish Geographical Society in Copenhagen yesterday evening, December 14:

** Full view **

And with a great top and skirt combination receiving Ambassadors today, December 15:

** Full view **

Old 12-15-2017, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Margrethe looks gorgeous and very regal on both occasions.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-15-2017, 07:29 PM
Serene Highness

She looks positively radiant in that winter white suit in viewing the guards, that is such a gorgeous suit, one of her very best ever. Her jewels or is it ribbons which is not a good showing seem a bit big yet we need a closer picture to be sure. Magnificent dear Queen Daisy....just magnificent!
Old 01-01-2018, 01:25 PM
Majesty

In green at the new years court

https://twitter.com/crownprincely/st...95235643768832
Old 01-01-2018, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Margrethe looked every inch a queen tonight. I love the shade of green she is wearing.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-01-2018, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

And those green stones look great against her hair. They disappear on hark hair - but on white/grey they look all plump and juicy!

Wowsers! She's 77 and looks so amazing!
Old 01-02-2018, 02:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

https://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...nytaarskur.jpg

Margrethe looks absolutely fabulous!
Old 01-02-2018, 03:24 AM
Serene Highness

Yes, Queen Margrethe looks simply stunning tonight in that dark green gown. And I see she is wearing the *emeralds* tonight also. Now this is a picture of a true Queen if I ever saw one........just beautiful! She has that sparkle in her eye........hummmm wonder why!
Old 01-02-2018, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The queen looked very regal,her daytime fashion van be hit or miss but for the big events MII always looks queenly!
Old 01-02-2018, 07:29 AM
Majesty

Only if she left that floor carpet away. I already dislike fur, but THIS one is a particularly ugly one.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I saw the emerald parure in Rosenborg Castle but was more impressed by the huge diamong necklace and the flower brooch.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Queen Margrethe at the New Year's reception today, January 3, wearing a blue dress well-known for the occasion:

** With a fur coat ** Full view dress ** January 2017 ** January 2016 ** January 2014 ** January 2013 **
Old 01-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Serene Highness

Yes I do remember this gown and it is one of my favorites. I like it for the high collar and long sleeves for it seems cold in the palace, doors wide open in winter for this event make it looks so uncomfortable. She seems like this is a go to gown for this event and therefore something comfortable to wear as she is used to it. Lovely lady as always....
Old 01-03-2018, 11:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Queen Margrethe at the New Year's reception today, January 3, wearing a blue dress well-known for the occasion:

** With a fur coat ** Full view dress ** January 2017 ** January 2016 ** January 2014 ** January 2013 **
I like the colour locale around in Denmark. In my country (NL) the tenues for the Household have been sobered: all in black with gold buttons and a nassaublue collar, the who-is-what is lost. The Danes not only look so much more colourful, there is also a functional "recognizeability": who is a Kammerherre, who is a Jæger etc.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

What is the idea behind this dress, she usi it already so many times , and even for 2 days consecutive? While we have Mary changing dresses and always more stunning
Old 01-04-2018, 10:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
What is the idea behind this dress, she usi it already so many times , and even for 2 days consecutive? While we have Mary changing dresses and always more stunning
The Queen apparently feels that it's appropriate to use the same dress for these occasions every year. It's not that uncommon - the royal ladies of Sweden wore the same dresses for the Opening of Parliament for almost 200 years and the royal ladies of the UK generally wear white for the same event in their country.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:41 AM
Aristocracy

In the early 1980s she said in an interview that her predecessor Kings always wore a uniform and no one commented on their clothes but the press gave more attention to Margrethe's clothes instead of reporting on the event so she decided to wear a 'uniform' of her own. She did say in about 2011 that she was planning on replacing the current one but obviously hasn't got round to it yet. Maybe next year.....
Old 01-05-2018, 07:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Have you see the Queen 's Costume for the Casse Noisette Evening. ?
Old 01-05-2018, 08:02 AM
Courtier

The Queen has had similar outfits in the same style for more formal events too I believe? Wasn't there a red brocade with a brown fur trim and a yellow brocade with a black fur trim for such events too?