Queen Margrethe's Fashion and Style Part 3: October 2017 - December 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Margrethe inaugurated the new place of residence of the Ministry of Defense and the Defense Command in Copenhagen today, November 3, a bit too dark and grey, I miss a touch of colour:

** Full view **

Color is synonymous with Queen Daisy and its unusual to see her in totally drab colors. That belt does add a bit of a flair to the outfit though methinks. :D

There's something about this look from Margrethe that is rather bulky. I'm not a fan of the dark colours either. I agree with iceflower - a touch of colour is missing!

Her Majesty really likes that cape,it is rather lovely but not mad about the rest of the ensemble.

This is a bit of a mismatched look from Margrethe, I'm not a huge fan.

For those not rhapsodising over the reappearance of this 'Daisy Special' ensemble take heart, the last time the ensemble (down to the necklace) was worn was in 2015. This time around the hat is at a distinctly jaunty angle and looks much better without the fur jacket with its fussy belt.

There is something about this woman that I absolutely adore. Even when she is wearing some of her "off" outfits she is interesting, although her "shower curtain" rain coat did make my eyes roll. She always looks like she loves life and wants others to be happy.

Queen Margrethe at an anniversary mass in Copenhagen yesterday, November 12:

** Full view **

Queen Margrethe in red at a gala dinner celebrating The Danish Science Society's 275th anniversary on November 13 (I couldn't find any full view photo yet, but found one from a previous occasion):

** Upper part ** April 2015 **

Today, November 15, she handed out the Queen's Watch in Copenhagen - she has much nicer jackets and hats than these...

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Last edited:
Yes, the Queen was definitely presented with the jacket on her last visit to Greenland in 2015 - here's a link to the gala dinner when she was given it: Galleri: Naalakkersuisuts middag for regentparret | Sermitsiaq.AG

Greenlandic sealskin is exempt from the EU ban on sealskin. The animals live in freedom until the day they’re shot. They’re shot for their meat; the sealskin is always secondary. It's an important part of the traditional economy and clothing of Greenland.

There aren't too many people in this world that can actually pull off flamboyant attire and Queen Daisy is definitely one that can and does with flair. Where other people could wear that plaid and be asked "what were you thinking?!", on Margrethe, its just pure Queen Daisy and works. :D

Yes I agree too much going on in the 1st photo and the fur cape looks like a furry octopus at the second event;)

I agree with Osipi and An Ard Ri - there's a lot going on in Margarethe's latest outfit. She does look nice though and her cheery smile always brightens everything up! ?

Queen Margrethe at the gala final of The Lauritz Melchior International Singing Competition Aalborg yesterday evening, November 18:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Margrethe's dress is a very pretty shade of blue. She looks great.

I'm loving all the Queen's outfits on this state visit so far. Particularly liked the butterflies on arrival :flowers:

Queen Margrethe has some gorgeous clothes this trip and my favorite is the pretty pink she wore, so soft and becoming on her. I rarely see her in petal pink or pink at all, so it is nice to see. You can tell she is enjoying this trip out of town......wonder when she will be in London to do her holiday shopping.....wonder if there is something there for me......?:ROFLMAO:nope did not think so....:lol:

Well, Frederik is down as being Regent 1 - 10 December, so I'm assuming that's when she'll be in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom