Queen Margrethe's Fashion and Style Part 3: October 2017 - December 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 3 of the thread for Queen Margrethe's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Margrethe II's Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 - September 2017 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Queen Margrethe with her well-known teletubbi hat ;) at the State Opening of Parliament today, October 3:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Besides the hat (which I heard gives free wi-fi:ROFLMAO:) the outfit is nice and elegant

Besides the hat (which I heard gives free wi-fi:ROFLMAO:) the outfit is nice and elegant

Agree re nice and elegant and the free wi-fi bit made me laugh out loud :flowers:
You know, I'm convinced sometimes that QM just likes messing with our minds with some of her sartorial choices but that's one of the reasons I'm such a fan :lol:

Queen Margrethe inaugurated an exhibition at the Moesgaard Museum in Højbjerg today, October 9 - a nice autumn look:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Queen Margrethe handed out Queen Ingrid's Research Prize at Christian IX's Palace, Amalienborg, today, October 11 - looks comfortable and warm and still elegant at the same time:

** Full view **

:previous: Margarethe looks fantastic. I adore that shade of red and I like how it blends in with the ambassadors.

Looks like new ensemble, it's lovely!

I also love that shade of red on her, yet is the suit a bit big for her? The jacket seems to be to long and wide for her or is it the way it is photographed here? I remember a picture of her in a gray suit the same style which was a better fit, this doesn't look the same.

The red is fantastic on her. :flowers:

But it feels over sized for me. The lapels and details of the coat looks costume big on her. I am also distracted by all the different decorations she is wearing.

Well this is certainly different .......I do love the top part of her dress, that is pretty elegant and yet the bottom....do not like stripes going around a woman's waist or hips of any part of her, makes her look bigger then she is.

I love the necklace she is wearing and wish there was a better picture of it. In all she looks nice and happy and content with life so the bottom part has to stay .............:lol:

Well this is certainly different .......I do love the top part of her dress, that is pretty elegant and yet the bottom....do not like stripes going around a woman's waist or hips of any part of her, makes her look bigger then she is.

I love the necklace she is wearing and wish there was a better picture of it. In all she looks nice and happy and content with life so the bottom part has to stay .............:lol:

I am going to agree with you on the skirt with that outfit. It puts me in mind of something that would be worn around the holidays by an elf or something.

It it true to form for our Daisy though as she does seem to revel in things that stand out in a crowd and a step away from what one would normally wear. I guess wearing things that are a bit "outside the box" reflect her outgoing and adventurous spirit that we see her exhibit so much. :D

Thank you so much for finding that necklace, it is just gorgeous. Now that is my style of jewelry, something that looks like an ole antique and vintage. And bet those are my favorite stone, rubies.......ah no wonder she wore that skirt with the red stripes, still do not like stripes on any woman though. ?

Lovely Queen Margrethe in soft colours at the Forum Romanum in Rome, Italy, today, October 26:

** Full view **

She's found a replacement for the teletubby hat! :eek:

Mark my words, we are going to see that hat a lot!

That outfit is amazing! I think you're right Muhler, we're going to see this hat a lot. But, I don't mind nad it is way better than the teletubby hat. It has some 20's vibe!

Queen Margrethe at the parliament celebration of the Reformation anniversary today, October 31, recycling the outfit she had worn in Italy last week (including the special hat;))

** Full view ** With a cape ** Upper part **

The cape is very a la Beatrix ;)

The hat hopefully won't be seen again till next Halloween.

:previous:

I rather guess we'll see it earlier than that ;)

Queen Margrethe at the concert this evening:

** Full view **

Another cape this even,QMII is spoiling us today with her cape collection.

That is a *cape*? How can anyone wear that? It looks so huge and over powering on her ....not sure just what it is......clues anyone?

It’s not a regular cape. It is a Queen’s cape!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom