Queen Margrethe II's Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most of her evening gowns are her own creation - or at least designed by her - or at the very least have something added to them lol

QMII's absolute favorite designer or rather dressmaker is Birgitte Thaulow. In fact the dress she wore at the Greek golden anniversary recently was by Birgitte Thaulow.

Another favorite designer is Celli Freifeldt.

Last edited:
The Queen wore a forest green lace dress tonight: The Royal Watcher

the only other time I can remember her wearing it was for the gala performance during her Jubilee Celebrations in 2012. Has she worn it any other time?

She wore the dress before at least these events: the State Banquet for the Turkish president this year, State Banket for the president of Slovakia 2012, Pre-Wedding in Luxembourg 2012, the Jubilee 2012.

She wore the dress before at least these events: the State Banquet for the Turkish president this year, State Banket for the president of Slovakia 2012, Pre-Wedding in Luxembourg 2012, the Jubilee 2012.

thank you! and she also wore it for a dinner in February 2012. She wore it a lot in 2012! lol

Although the forest green dress is not my favourite of her gowns (it's quite a subdued colour and I do prefer the satin fabrics on her), Queen Margarethe looks as magnificent as ever!

Mary looked great tonight, I've always been on the edge about the gown Marie wore, but overall QMII stole the show completely. This gown is so majestic, it has always been a favourite of mine and the Emerald parure and the fox fur complements it so wonderfully. A proper attire for a Queen.

Last edited:
Whilst I'm not a fan of the fabric, I do think Margrethe looked wonderful tonight. She always manages to look elegant at the New Year's Courts, and I look forward into seeing what gown she will wear. She looks so regal in the photo of her and Henrik waving - I think that's now one of my favourite photos of the couple.

Whilst I'm not a fan of the fabric, I do think Margrethe looked wonderful tonight. She always manages to look elegant at the New Year's Courts, and I look forward into seeing what gown she will wear. She looks so regal in the photo of her and Henrik waving - I think that's now one of my favourite photos of the couple.

Agree with you- she does look elegant, but I also agree about the fabric. I loved it the first time she wore it that I saw, but now reminds me of a Christmas tablecloth. Want to like it- love lace usually, great color, but I don't. At least she didn't wear the lime green number, so I'm thankful for that! That and this needs to go back in the closet! Why can't she wear a new gown to New Years, or at least a gown of a different color?

Agree with you- she does look elegant, but I also agree about the fabric. I loved it the first time she wore it that I saw, but now reminds me of a Christmas tablecloth. Want to like it- love lace usually, great color, but I don't. At least she didn't wear the lime green number, so I'm thankful for that! That and this needs to go back in the closet! Why can't she wear a new gown to New Years, or at least a gown of a different color?

I actually quite liked Margrethe's lime green dress. Whilst the colour did look a little too bright in some places, I thought she looked elegant and regal in it. I think the fur cape helped though - I probably would've liked it less if she had worn it without the cape.

I don't think I have a favourite New Year's Court gown from Margrethe, but I also really liked her grey gown. I didn't particularly like her peach/orange gown she wore in 2008, as I thought it was a bit of an overload, but then again I'm also not the biggest fan of that colour in general.

I've since seen some HQ close-ups of the forest green lace gown and it looks better than I first thought - there is actually plenty of satin visible under the lace and this sets it off quite nicely.
Green or blue lace is, I think, a difficult thing to get right and the actual shade has to be right.

I think she looks fantastic with this dress and the fur was a nice addition.

Pictures:

http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/114/8/x2048-u/8114068-.jpg
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/114/8/x2048-u/8114077-.jpg

I've since seen some HQ close-ups of the forest green lace gown and it looks better than I first thought - there is actually plenty of satin visible under the lace and this sets it off quite nicely.
Green or blue lace is, I think, a difficult thing to get right and the actual shade has to be right.
Yes the colour of the satin under the lace is perfect and Margethe's gown is a wonderfully regal statement gown. Sadly her two daughters-in-law missed the boat and went a little too understated and not quite so regal.

Perhaps she can show them her collection and enliven the "show" so to speak because it is ridiculous comparing three women's gowns and deportment and the having the Queen, who could be forgiven if she lightened the effect due to her age, winning by a country mile. Okay, so she wore flat boots when she had a medical reason but my dear "Princesses", not only did she leave you in her dust, you are covered in it.

We should all be waxing lyrical about how majestic the three royal ladies are and how the youngsters have taken their lead from Queen Margrethe. But we aren't and they haven't.

psst! Mary, Marie, check out Crown Princess Victoria's latest Nobel gown because I think she was channeling Queen Margrethe. ;)

I actually quite liked Margrethe's lime green dress. Whilst the colour did look a little too bright in some places, I thought she looked elegant and regal in it. I think the fur cape helped though - I probably would've liked it less if she had worn it without the cape.

I don't think I have a favourite New Year's Court gown from Margrethe, but I also really liked her grey gown. I didn't particularly like her peach/orange gown she wore in 2008, as I thought it was a bit of an overload, but then again I'm also not the biggest fan of that colour in general.

We can agree to disagree about lime green. Peach/ orange? Oh, this I gotta see please!

I couldn't see- not a member...
Saw in Danish NYC thread though- oh my word...

I couldn't see- not a member...
Saw in Danish NYC thread though- oh my word...

oops, I always forget about that. It is rather annoying, sorry! It is free to sign up to pinterest though and you don't have to post if you don't want to.

I will try to remember that in the future though. Sorry again!

As for the dress, I rather like it with the other top she's worn: The Royal Watcher

No worries! Yes, much better at the state visit! The NYC- oh my word!

No worries! Yes, much better at the state visit! The NYC- oh my word!

yeah, the top is too much with the skirt. The lace top really helps balance it out, I think. Plus it's not 100% of peach screaming at you. lol

yeah, the top is too much with the skirt. The lace top really helps balance it out, I think. Plus it's not 100% of peach screaming at you. lol

Hey, I agree, but I will take peach over lime green any day! All the years I've been following it's been green , green, green. Nothing wrong with green as long as it's not lime, but no color variety is boring!

I agree!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Absolutely lovely dress on Her Majesty.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I agree with you this is one of the best gowns I've seen her wear, just beutiful.

One ends to like her errrr "sparkling" style because it's so her (and we love her the way she is ;)), but sometimes when I see her wearing something that I like per se and not just because she's wearing it and suits her style, I wish she would give us a lot more like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom