Queen Margrethe II's Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Margrethe at the welcoming ceremony outside the Great Hall of the People on April 24, 2014 in Beijing, China:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:

On May 2nd Queen Margrethe attended the inauguration of the new cruise terminal at Copenhagen North Harbour.

** business.dk gallery **

Last edited:

Queen Margrethe during the commemoration of the 200 year anniversary of Norway's constitution on May 17:

** Full view **

Last edited:

Margrethe at the celebration of the Norwegian Constitutional Bicentenary at the Copenhagen Opera House on May 23:

** Full view **

Last edited:

Queen Margrethe at a Ceremony to Commemorate D-Day 70 on Sword Beach today:

** Full view **

Last edited:
The Queen looking absolutely beautiful at tonight's premiere of the ballet The Steadfast Tin Soldier in Tivoli. I love the dress and the cardigan together. And is it just me who's blinded by the lovely outfit or is her hairstyle slightly different that usual?

Full view ** Close-up

It's rather sedate for her it looks o.k. nothing overly special. It looked like a a casual event.

Love her hair. Her stylist has given her a bit of height by teasing her hair in the front --- looks much better than pulled straight back. I also think she probably just received a bit of a "silver" rinse to give the hair a bit of shine.

Queen Margrethe at the Royal Theatre yesterday:

** gallery **

Last edited:

Queen Margrethe at the golden wedding celebrations of sister Queen Anne-Marie in Greece yesterday, September 18. The pattern and colours are really nice, but I dislike the cut of the top part and the red ribbon, it makes the whole look a bit crazy ;)

** Full view **

Queen Margrethe at the golden wedding celebrations of sister Queen Anne-Marie in Greece yesterday, September 18. The pattern and colours are really nice, but I dislike the cut of the top part and the red ribbon, it makes the whole look a bit crazy ;)

** Full view **

The top part is not good and there's a lot going on with the rest of outfit and yes I agree its all a bit crazy!

A disaster ! Is is her own Creation ??

I think most of her evening gowns are her own creation - or at least designed by her - or at the very least have something added to them lol

** Full view **

I am not a fan, but this clearly is something that is "very Margarethe"!!

I like the top part and the red ribbon, not the skirt.

Indeed, very Margrethe-like. I don't particularly care for the dress either (nor do I care for Benedikte's dress), but one has to hand it to her that she's not afraid to wear... well, different sorts of outfits. You've got to love her for that :D

Typical Margrethe dress. I wish she would find a more flattering hairstyle and if she must wear bright red lipstick then she should do something about the colour of her teeth. They are shocking!

And why is she carrying a navy shawl? - it doesn't pick up on any of the colours in her dress.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: I was thinking the same thing - perhaps she thought it would fit in with the blue theme of her outfit, but I agree it looks a little odd with her dress, which I'm not the biggest fan of, but as others have said, is very much something that she would usually wear.

I think most of her evening gowns are her own creation - or at least designed by her - or at the very least have something added to them lol

Either that or nobody else will take credit for these costumes.

And why is she carrying a navy shawl? - it doesn't pick up on any of the colours in her dress.

Maybe it was a colder night than she had planned for when packing so she just took whatever shawl she had brought with her?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

What i all like about Queen is the High quality fabric for the Outfits and it is necessary ... look some fabric names at thefabriclibrary . in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom