Queen Margrethe II's Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A nice black and white dress for Queen Margrethe who attended a concert at Gråsten Castle Church this afternoon, July 29:

** Full view **

Margrethe looks great - I like how both she and Benedikte are wearing polka dots. ?

She has been looking so lovely of late! Love her shoes...

:previous: So do I! They look very elegant, and to be honest, white shoes are not a favourite of mine but the heels on these are exceptional.

I love poka dots and this is such a pretty summer dress and the brooch is a nice touch also. Now the shoes, perfect for the heel is not to short to be flats yet nice enough that it won't hurt the feet. I think this is something I would call...*Kitten Heels* something I like wearing for those spikes that young girls wear would have me down on the ground yelling in pain in a second.

And the fact it has 2 colors in the heels to go with the dress now that shows she is looking at all parts of this outfit....being an artist also means she sees everything in her work and clothes.

Queen Margrethe opened the '18th Viking Congress' in Copenhagen today, August 6, recycling the recently worn polka dot dress combined with a green jacket:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Its a nice outfit and colour on H.M.QMII and I'm trying to make out if its a bee brooch on her jacket?

Yes, I was trying to work out what the brooch was. Hopefully we'll get some clearer photos (should this be in the jewellery thread, lol!)

QM looks absolutely lovely this evening, the suit is very chic and the pink top is just great for the summer days.....so great to see that smile again and her out and about.....just marvelous that she goes forth.

I so agree with you, M. Payton! The white suit is so fashionable for our Daisy to wear.
I don't think the brooch is a bee though. The wings are too long! :)

I think she looks really well, happy and enjoying herself. I love the white suit and love the pink top under the suit jacket. I am not used to seeing Royals at serious engagements wearing trousers but that's what it looks like and she's rocking the 'look'.

What I like most about Margrethe's fashions is that they are just so totally her. She's very adept at the use of color and uses it flatteringly. While scrolling through this thread, I absolutely love Librarian Daisy's signature which, to me, describes QM to a tee. 'I have always had a dread of becoming a passenger in life'. She is a woman that actively pursues life and everything to do with it. :D

I so agree with you, M. Payton! The white suit is so fashionable for our Daisy to wear.
I don't think the brooch is a bee though. The wings are too long! :)

I took a second look at that pin and I wonder as I think yr right about it not being a *bee* but perhaps a *dragon fly* for they have a long wing span. Either way, it is a touch of whimsy that QM surely does very well.

One thing for me is that always when checking out what Daisy is wearing, I look for her daisy brooch or daisy earrings. Those, I think, are the ones I like the most and are her trademark.

I do think you're right and its a dragonfly. I love dragonflies almost as much as I love daisies. :D

I think you're right - I think it is a dragonfly. However, there is something at the back of my mind that there is a history to this brooch connected with Aarhus but I can't bring it to the front right now. Sign of my age unfortunately! Often her jewellery has some significance so I shall have to do some searching in my archives - mind you, I could have just imagined it, lol!It won't be today as I have a sermon to finish for tomorrow ?

I'm glad you like my QMII quote - I think it's one of the reasons I'm such a fan of hers. Another one I like is 'One would not die of my cooking but I'm not sure you'd survive my driving' which I think sums up her sense of humour very well.

Well, I was obviously having a senior moment yesterday as the brooch I was thinking of was given to QMII for her 75th birthday by Aarhus. It was a modern design and had 8 jewels, 1 for each grandchild and looks nothing like this brooch :sad:.
It's still bugging me (pardon the pun) and it would be nice to have a close up of this insect brooch.

Last edited:
Haha, I was just going to ask about the brooch too. I thought it was a fly at first, but that wouldn't make a very attractive brooch IMO so I think it's more likely to be a bee.
Margrethe looks great though!

I think we've come to the conclusion that her brooch is not a bee because it's wings are too short! LOL It's a Dragon Fly which has long, filmy wings and is lovely. Whatever.. she looks great wearing it! :)

:previous: You're right ? Discussions can be confusing late at night with half open eyes, though!

I agree with you, HereditaryPrincess. While her dress is fresh and summery, her jacket is heavy and dark.

Agree with both ladies above, the jacket is to big for her, the shoulders make her look huge so maybe it belongs to hubby....:lol:

Yet the dress, the shoes, the hat, the purse, the belt and everything is perfect, love dresses like this for they are easy to wear. And her smile says how delighted she is to be there...

:previous: Now this is a much better look for a dark jacket. Margrethe looks great.

:previous:
Yr so right, this jacket is much better on her and more shapely also. I am a plaid lover, love plaid shirts and keep looking for more so this skirt is really cute and the way she had a band of fabric on the hat to match shows that she really pays attention to details in all things that she does. I really love the red shoes(I try to buy all my shoes in red) and that purse is divine.

One very classy lady who happens to be a delightful queen who is much loved and admired.

I love how Margrethe is wearing the Danish colours in her outfit - she looks like a giant Danish flag ? A great look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom