Queen Margrethe II's Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The shoes with the red and black outfit are awful they look like little girl shoes.

I like the fur jacket with the purple skirt but I don't care for the lacy top. Love her bright happy smile!!

I adore the colour of Margrethe's skirt but am not a fan of her top, the design comes across as rather messy in appearance to me.

Not a big fan of her coat last night. But I like the plaid skirt :flowers:

Definitely like today's much better. The colors are lovely.

Not her best but is her style of the Queen and i love it!

Lovely gown and colors. Margrethe always looks amazing at these :flowers:

I'm on the fence about Margrethe's gown tonight. She looks elegant (as she usually always does in ball gowns). The pink ribbon (?) puts me off a little.

I think she looks marvelous! And very happy!!

I think she looks glorious and regal in her sable coat and fur trimmed gown!

I love the fact that, like the menfolk in her family, she has chosen to have a 'uniform' for these events in her own inimitable style.

but 2 days consecutive the same uniform, I do not like it I think she should to have some different and promote Danish designers

With Queen Margrethe's artistic bent and her sense of color and style, I would imagine that she pretty much knows exactly what design of an outfit appeals to her rather than going for someone else's suggestions of designs. Its what makes her so totally unique.

With older royals they are pretty set in their fashion ways. Like Elizabeth who uses her own dress makers majority. They leave promoting designers to the younger generation, Mary is Patton of the Danish fashion industry. At that age there really is only do dating they'd go, and would do little to promote other designers.

At Queen Fabiola's Funeral I saw the Royals perfectly. The Queen of Denmark has not a nice skin , a rosa skin with couperose and too much red lipstick.
I was not impressed eithter by the King and Queen of Sweden .
But with tiaras ,Uniform jewels they look Royal.
The Royals of the next generation has coaches etc... for looking 100 % perfect .

At Queen Fabiola's Funeral I saw the Royals perfectly. The Queen of Denmark has not a nice skin , a rosa skin with couperose and too much red lipstick.
I was not impressed eithter by the King and Queen of Sweden .
But with tiaras ,Uniform jewels they look Royal.
The Royals of the next generation has coaches etc... for looking 100 % perfect .
You are right! Queen Margrathe is a heavy smoker and you can see her teeth so dark, you would think she would go to the dentist and do something about it! but they have the next generation completely coach 100% , Mary was a commoner but with all the coaching, make up, tiaras and gowns of course they look Royals, any of us in the same situation would probably look Royal too!
Just that I would like the Queen to show more like Mary

Its very typical of Queen Margrethe's personal style and the white gloves give it that more formal and regal touch.

HM personal style is absotely obsolete. I remember her summer dresses.
(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely appereance!! And i like her dress!!

I think Margrethe looks wonderful with her hair dressed in a stylish classic chignon. She carries a fur coat with style and the purple sheath dress is both flattering and elegance often missing from our older royals. Due to the lack of photos, I find myself unable to ascertain whether her jewellery is old diamonds or black pearls. But whatever they are, they are the perfect finishing touch. :ermm:

Last edited:
Margrethe looks every inch a queen. Such an elegant outfit, and I love the colour of her dress.

She looks both regal and elegant. I love her chic hair style! A total thumbs up to HM.

Is fur considered to be ok in Denmark? Here in the states it has been frowned upon for quite some time. Although I see the ads returning to magazines recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom