Queen Margrethe II's Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Queen Margrethe II's Fashion and Style Part 2

The previous thread can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

Queen Margrethe at a dinner celebrating the WWF Denmark's 40-year anniversary today, May 30, wearing a colourful coat

- more a piece of art than something to wear ;)

** Full view ** Upper part **

What on earth are all three ladies wearing? :ohmy:
Marie looks moderately nice, but Mary and Margrethe... I just assume it had something to do with the general theme of the event. At least, I'm hoping so.

Some sort of costume party, flashback to the 60s in San Francisco, although Frederik and Joachim must have missed the memo? None of the other guests were dressed in anything like this.

Last edited:
I'm sure the theme must have been "Most unsuitable thing to wear", QMII should have finished the look off with the golden poppies ornament :p

We're just missing the lava lamps here. What scares me is that I couldn't tell if Margrethe dressed for a theme party, because that's something I think she would ordinarily wear. Groovy!

Last edited:

Queen Margrethe at a dinner celebrating the WWF Denmark's 40-year anniversary today, May 30, wearing a colourful coat

What on earth are all three ladies wearing? :ohmy:
Marie looks moderately nice, but Mary and Margrethe... I just assume it had something to do with the general theme of the event. At least, I'm hoping so.

:previous: :ohmy:
Let's get the party started :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I was thinking they go to play in some theater-show ;):whistling:

:eek: Horrendous! Although, I would not expect anything less from her! :lol:

Last edited:
Why are her sleeves so long? Do you think she took the pink coat off after she got inside?

I frist thought it was some kind of traditional costume in honour of indigenous people but its not ... its Margrethe, sigh.

It'sa fancy dress costume nother usual evening wear so for a fancy dress party it is a stunning outfit.

It's too bit colourful .... even the dachsund can't stand this....:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
It'sa fancy dress costume nother usual evening wear so for a fancy dress party it is a stunning outfit.

If it was a fancy dress party neither her sons nor the other guests got the message, they all showed up in black tie and eveing gowns. Only Henrik, QMII, Mary & Marie showed up in Vietnamese attire as if going to the palace in Hanoi. Maybe they got their schedules mixed up:lol:

Reminds me of something out of Bram Stoker 'Dracula' :D

QM- Is that a kimono, a priest's outfit, or a :eek: dressing gown? Horrid!!
PH-- It's a cross between a Pilgrim, a pirate, or Prince Albert in Edward the Seventh.:eek: Looked much better on PA...

Last edited:
Queen Margrethe usually pulls her quirkiness off, I think, but this look was completely 'out there.' I wonder if there was some odd theme that nobody knew about as (if not) her outfit (and Mary's) looked ridiculous for the event and its location, IMHO.

Queen Margrethe at a dinner for China's President Hu Jintao who's on a state visit to Denmark, wearing one of her favourite
dresses, she has worn several times before, the last time has been Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee dinner in May.

** June 14, 2012 ** May 18, 2012 **

Earlier today she wore one of her typical "Margrethe in blue"-combinations :)

** Full view **

The blue dinner dress is one of the few Margrethe evening dresses that I really like / make her look very pretty.

Please, tell me that giant bow on the front is just a shawl or over-sized clutch, or something else that is not part of the gown itself.
Otherwise, why ruin a pretty dress like that with a detail that is out of place and unnecessary.

A nice choice for Margrethe this evening , I also like that colour combinaton of white and mint green!

** Full view ** Side view **

Artemisia said:
Please, tell me that giant bow on the front is just a shawl or over-sized clutch, or something else that is not part of the gown itself.
Otherwise, why ruin a pretty dress like that with a detail that is out of place and unnecessary.

Part of the dress, she's worn it on every occasion with the dress. I believe it's sewn to the belt which surrounds the middle.

Part of the dress, she's worn it on every occasion with the dress. I believe it's sewn to the belt which surrounds the middle.
Thanks for the details. :)
I've never seen the dress before. Now that I've seen better pictures (thanks, iceflower and dbarn67 :flowers:), I dislike all of it, not just the bow thing.

Always hated that dress! The bow makes it worse!

The shade of the green is very lovely, but that's about it. The dress reminds me of something one would wear to a high school prom about ten or fifteen years ago.

Of course there's no reason on this planet for sewing a bow on the waist of a dress the wrong way 'round and attached to the bust... totally puzzling to me why this has become a favorite of Queen Margrethe and has been worn so frequently.
The turquoise color is also so strong that it rather outshines her turquoise jewels instead of complementing them.

Queen Margrethe at a garden party at Fredensborg yesterday, June 19, wearing a summer dress and a scarf.
I like that strong flower print on her:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom