Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2018 - October 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it helps that the Macri and Zorreguieta families are part of the "us knows us" incrowd in Argentina... The Prime Minister is also there, so Queen Máxima is completely covered by the ministerial responsibility. ("The King Can Do No Wrong").

The G20 being hosted in Argenrina probably scored her the invite. It was probably even (partly) because of her that the Netherlands got an invite at all as the host is allowed to invite 1 or 2 adfitional countries and while the Netherlands is the world's 17th economy, it is not one of the members (nor is it a permanent invitee like Spain as the world's 14th economy and non-member) but relations with Argentina are good thanks to our queen.

Both the prime minister and the minister of finance are attending the G20 gatherings (and/or side meetings).

Last edited:
The dress worn by Queen Máxima at the G20 Gala Dinner was her best look so far this week and the colour looked very lovely on the queen.

Her hair and makeup have been especially fine lately.

the dress is fine and she look lovely her hair seems bit longer to me lately

Last edited:
This dress from Maxima is gorgeous; I love the yellow colour. It's cheery during the rather dull winter weather (though I can imagine it's not dull in Argentina).

A beautiful yellow dress.

Its a nice enough gown but a updo hairstyle would have been better given it was a State Banquet and no order on the queen again?

Definitely suits and up-do this dress, especially with a tiara. Even with the tiara her hair loose makes it look very casual.

The dress is an odd colour for me, plus the baggy top, tight middle and then loose skirt doesn't seem to fit right.

The top wasn't baggy at the previous occasions. Perhaps weight of the brooch is pulling the fabric down?

The dress is still great. The hair remains a problem on it's third outing.

Its a nice enough gown but a updo hairstyle would have been better given it was a State Banquet and no order on the queen again?

Yes, I wonder what is going on with the loose hair and no orders for Máxima at State Banquets. It is already the second time in a row.

Especially regarding no orders, is that a new rule ? Máxima wore orders though at the outgoing UK state visit. I'm confused !

HM wears the insigna of an Order on her left hip...

Thanks, I hadn't seen that before.

It is still odd though. The badge of an order without a sash would normally be worn on a necklace for men (as the King appears to be wearing) and attached to a ribbon bow for women. A star only would be normally worn on the torso, not on the hip (as the star of the Order of Isabella the Catholic that Princess Anne wore on the incoming Spanish state visit to the UK).

Does anybody have any knowledge of Cape Verdian decorations ?

EDIT: Looking closer again, it appears that the Queen is wearing something similar to a badge attached to a plain ribbon, but she oddly placed it on her hip. Could it be a medal perhaps rather than a full order insignia ?

Last edited:
It is a nice dress but her worst Tiara Hair ever imo..

Interesting...all three times Max wore this dress she chose diamonds. Just interesting.

I love the color but not the design.

I love the color and style, but fit is off. :flowers:

But she needs a proper updo. The loose hair doesn't work with a tiara, or the gown either.

The dress is very lovely but the hair isn't well styled and ruined it all i am afraid.

I might be the only one who liked her loose straight hair with that tiara. I think she looks really pretty, it suits her, makes her younger. While I agree tiaras need elaborate, sophisticate hairstyles or updoos, I think the tiara Maxima wore is perfect for loose hair since it looks like a headband.

I might be the only one who liked her loose straight hair with that tiara. I think she looks really pretty, it suits her, makes her younger. While I agree tiaras need elaborate, sophisticate hairstyles or updoos, I think the tiara Maxima wore is perfect for loose hair since it looks like a headband.

I think the problem for me is that when she wears her hair down with it, it looks exactly like a headband, not a tiara. It's beautiful with an updo, very uninteresting with the hair down.

I like her hair down with the tiara as well.

The dress tonight is too bad but an up style always looks better at these events.

I prefer yesterday's dress to today's dress on Maxima - the colour and style was beautiful though today's looks a bit like a "scrapbook" in that it seems like lots of material was lumped together to make the dress. Not a fan.

Queen Máxima at the Alfred Wegener Institute in Bremerhaven, Germany, this evening, March 6:

** Upper part ** Close up **

I believe we have seen this dress before, at the Palais des Beaux-Arts in Brussels with Queen Mathilde (& both Kings).

Maxima looks a little like a Christmas tree and this dress seems more suited to an '80s fancy dress party than an engagement. I like her hair, though.

Now thats a hairstyle that befits a queen,wish we saw more of this effort,the dress is ok and yes it has a disco vibe about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom