Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 5: June 2017 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the back of that dress.........goodness she wore that in public......a blue sheet of cloth draped down the back......who would design something like that and expect someone, anyone to buy it and wear it in public.......what a waste of money.....:bang::bang:

Terrible dress, awful shoes, atrocious necklace, no hairstyle whatsoever. It is one hot mess. Hard to believe this is the same woman as yesterday, in that sleek black and white jumpsuit.

Big miss tonight,messy hair on top of it and the (ugly) necklace is lost in the colours of that no so nice dress.

Too much going on and not in a good way.

Terrible dress, awful shoes, atrocious necklace, no hairstyle whatsoever. It is one hot mess. Hard to believe this is the same woman as yesterday, in that sleek black and white jumpsuit.
Therein lies the conundrum that is Queen Maxima. When she is good she is very, very, good and when she is bad she is horrid!

Those shoes
That horrendous botch of material called a dress and
The most awful, ghastly, unbelievably ugly, necklace that makes Queen Margrethe's poppies almost look tame.

I do think this is very Max and I actually buy into the dress. As a one off that fulfills her need to wear a caftan every now and then. I actually like the bold print and that luscious blue. But I think in general we like her choices better when she does not go all "arts and craft show" with a look.

I understand the choice of the clutch because of the shoes, but I do not understand the choice of the shoes. They are tragic unless maybe with a pair of white capris on vacation. In a dark restaurant. I'd have chosen a very Max basic brass or gold clutch that might actually have enhanced the look of the dress. And some basic shoe, because, with the rest of this look - why really bother to try to amp it up with a silly shoe.

And I completely agree about that large breastplate necklace being lost on the dress. I realize Max will do these large semiprecious jewelry pieces, so I tend to simply sigh when she does that. It's hard to wear this look - even if you are Max. I bet it looked better in person than in photos. I think that always influences her choices.

And the hair. I wish someone who loves her would simply tell her she needs to take steps with the hair.

This will be memorable but not a favorite.

Probably she gotmthe dress as a gift, otherwise I can not understand how she dare to come out like this, it is the worst ever !

Looks like two different dresses. The blue looks like she has some kind of cape on which is hugging the dress. Its bizarre and unattractive. And the dress is way too big on her. Add to that her messy hair and shoes, bad look.

I do like the red fabric. A dress in that fabric that fit right would be lovely.

Somestimes the old saying that less is more springs to mind regarding Queen Maxima's fashion,too often there's too much going on and it all clashes.

One thing for certain is that Queen Maxima is not afraid to experiment.

The dress is by a designer called Afroditi Hera specialized in luxury caftans.

:previous:

The webmaster of the blog modekoninginmaxima.nl sent an email to the designer and they denied that the dress was made by them. Even though the similarities of the designs are striking.

I love the dress. I think if she had paired it with different shoes and possibly a better hairstyle it would have looked amazing.

Queen Máxima attended The Goalkeepers Global Goals Awards hosted by UN Deputy Secretary-General Amina J. Mohammed and Melinda Gates at Gotham Hall in New York City yesterday, September 19.

** Full view ** Upper part **

Culottes... oh no.

Last edited:
Lately she has lost her sense of chic elegant style.........what is going on with her lately? This is just horrible, how can she wear these things in public? Just plain horrible on her, makes her look fat and wide and messy...:bang::bang:

I wouldn't call it terrible but it's an unfortunate look, for sure.

Queen Máxima attended The Goalkeepers Global Goals Awards hosted by UN Deputy Secretary-General Amina J. Mohammed and Melinda Gates at Gotham Hall in New York City yesterday, September 19.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
Okay upper part looks kind of see-through but it looks even okay-ish (had she teamed this blouse with lovely pencil skirt or normal trousers!!) but those terrible grey pants are so wrong in so many counts...that overall picture is very unflattering and too eccentric for our lovely Queen Maxima
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
!

Last edited:
Oh dear,not a great look on queen Maxima,however she looked radiant at the Prinaedag ceremony,perhaps her luggage was lost?

Oh no! Baggy grey short culottes! The shoes are really nice though

I do not like the outfit ,I love the shoes Actually I think are the same shoes she used for Princeday?

http://robinutrecht.photoshelter.co...JESDAG-2017/G0000pmPUzVONM5o/I0000fsKBIcfhW9w
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=214606&zoektype=2&search=19-09-2017 Prinsjesdag
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=214579&zoektype=2&search=19-09-2017 Prinsjesdag

http://robinutrecht.photoshelter.co...-YORK-DAG-1/G0000aFYIASqxiO8/I0000L.1ENfYOpNc

Last edited:

Queen Maxima has been looking so fit and trim lately, this outfit does nothing to promote her accomplishments. Can't say I like it at all. And just as a side not, I'm guessing she told the pilot to "step on it". That was the fastest turnaround I think I've ever seen.

i hate Culottes i don't think it look good on anyone
i loove the shoes though

While I love the color and style, I don't like the design. Especially the leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom