Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 5: June 2017 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabulous embroidery on that gown. HM Queen Maxima looks poised and elegant and regal. These sapphires really suit her.

I hate the belt it ruins what is a very lovely appearance by Queen Máxima at the Liberation Concert.

I dislike the belt but the dress is beautiful.

A huge plastic (from what I see) belt with that gorgeous dress,.......:bang::bang::bang:

The dress is stunning, and her hair looks beautiful :flowers:

Why did she have to go and ruin the look with a horrific belt :sad:

She looked beautiful but yeah, the belt. I imagine it could be uncomfortable after sitting down for a while and it would certainly make you sit up straight!

As others have said the dress is really beautiful....I think a more delicate belt in the same colour would have been better!

ITA Jack, maybe with a tiny bit of bling on the belt. I don't care much for the shoes, either, but I have a marked aversion to nude shoes.

The dress is stunning, and her hair looks beautiful :flowers:

Why did she have to go and ruin the look with a horrific belt :sad:
I am at a total loss to understand why she would pair the beautiful evening dress with that chunky patent leather belt. In style, colour and texture it is the complete antithesis of her dress.

But oh my, did you see the ruffled layers at the hem? I bet she could twirl around and it would fly out in a delicate ruffle. It is sooo feminine and that belt . . . . isn't! The shoes though, they get a pass because they have a sneaky girly bow on the front. Kudos to WA for trying to match his tie to the belt.

http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:135629293:1800x650:w?v=5ad07f35&m=momehmmf

In addition to the ugly belt, also not a fan of the sequin-y top. The lower half is beautiful though.

The hair-do doesn't convince me either, it looks like a chignon half undone...

The heavy belt does not work with the light flowing dress, what a shame!

It's true the belt is out of place but the dress is lovely

I am quite sure that that belt was not made for that outfit. Maybe just an afterthought on her part. If she insisted on one, a much smaller belt in a matching color to outfit to blend would have not been so gaudy.

Wonderful dress, agree on the belt
BYe Bine

I am quite sure that that belt was not made for that outfit. Maybe just an afterthought on her part. If she insisted on one, a much smaller belt in a matching color to outfit to blend would have not been so gaudy.

It was made for that dress indeed. See the catwalk model a few posts earlier.

My post earlier had a link with more photos, including the original dress, on a model on a runway. And the model had the belt. The skirt was what was altered for Maxima.

Claes Iverson seems to think the big chunky plastic looking belts are fashionable. Looking at his 2018 couture collection, you will find he included it in many of the looks.

https://claesiversen.com/collections

:previous: Just because it is in a collection does not make it a good idea. :lol: That belt is a rebound tragedy for the 80s-90s with that dress. And I consider myself an expert on 80s-90s tragedy fashion, as I wore ALL OF IT. :lol:

:previous: Just because it is in a collection does not make it a good idea. :lol: That belt is a rebound tragedy for the 80s-90s with that dress. And I consider myself an expert on 80s-90s tragedy fashion, as I wore ALL OF IT. :lol:

Not saying its a good idea. Just answering those who suggested Maxima added the belt to the dress. And that it was her bad taste/bad choice to do so. Just clarifying, it was the taste of the designer, not Maxima.

Maxima looks so pretty. I bet her dress looked wonderful to see up close.

It was made for that dress indeed. See the catwalk model a few posts earlier.

Wow, you are correct. Did not read prior posts. Oh well, not all designers and I agree.

shame about the belt being so thick, i think it would work if it was thinner, because the dress is stunning...

Good grief! We made it out of crinolines and whalebone corsets and kicked the big belt into touch in the nineties. Now some designer is trying to constrict us down again? Not happening, nuh-uh, no way! No, just no!

Horrible outfit, she IMHO has lost her way in her choice of clothing for a queen. Think she is trying to hard to be seen and noticed out there in the public.....

She looks great. Hair doesnt look too bad either.

I wish she would ditch the pashmina! She must feel the cold(or aircon)really badly as she drags one everywhere.

Love the dress. Very elegant and a beautiful color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom