The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-05-2016, 02:17 AM
Heir Apparent

The color and print are amazing. I like the style of the dress a lot, the more retro feel suits her well. I am never crazy of the belted waist feel of these dresses though but that's just me.

I agree though, the earrings were a miss. Simple diamonds would have been nice.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the front, but think the back is not doing her any favors. Great print. Very Max.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:09 AM
Serene Highness

Love the colors and the print. I would have preferred this full length as a gown.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-05-2016, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Love the colors and the print. I would have preferred this full length as a gown.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
It's a beautiful dress and I agree - I think a full length version of this gown would be great - perfect for Prinsjesdag!
Old 06-05-2016, 08:51 AM
Nobility

The dress is beautiful- the color, print, fit. Perfect! Shoes were nice too.

The earrings weren't my favorite, but otherwise, lovely.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:01 AM
Serene Highness

I love everything except the earrings.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Have to disagree, what an unattractive dress for a grown woman. It looks more like dress for a doll or a little girl, IMO. The print, the cut, the wau the skirt billows out, maybe ther is some stiffer fabric doing that. Great hairdo
Old 06-05-2016, 10:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
It's a beautiful dress and I agree - I think a full length version of this gown would be great - perfect for Prinsjesdag!

I agree how beautiful would it look full length I love the colour

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-05-2016, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

the dress is sush lovely design suits perfectly Queen Maxima i loved her hair pulled up
Old 11-02-2016, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Queen Máxima at a concert in Sydney today, November 2nd. We've seen the Natan skirt before in 2014:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Close up ** February 2014 **
Old 11-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Royal Highness

Not a good dress.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh dear, I'm afraid I don't like this one at all. There's an odd mish-mash of colours going on. If you look at the full front view from far away it looks as if something strange has happened to the green top of the gown and Maxima has inwardly shrunk!
Old 11-02-2016, 08:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
. Queen Máxima at a concert in Sydney today, November 2nd. We've seen the Natan skirt before in 2014:
** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Close up ** February 2014 **
Ah the green top with brown cummerbund rings all kinds of bells for me. My mother had a ball gown in these two exact colors. I remember the skirt was full and round and made of wide vertical panels of alternating green and brown. It was a lot to take in. Mom let me play dress up in the thing and I remember how proud she was of it. Even at a tender age I knew not to ask her what she was thinking when she picked it out. I imagine it did look good with her deep brown hair.

Anyway - I think this a very modern look on Max but am not sure the heaviness of the brown material looks anything but thick around her waist. I'm glad she went for it, though.

Hair and gems are beautiful!
Old 11-02-2016, 08:46 AM
Majesty

The hair is good but all the look is just to much!!!! Like everything she had she wore it!
Old 11-02-2016, 08:46 AM
Majesty

i love the green and blue combination of colours (so classy), but the brown thing in the middle throws me off. also, the skirt is disproportionate in comparison to the top size. i also like the upper part and how nicely fitted it is.

love the hair and jewels.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-02-2016, 09:23 AM
Nobility

Love the whole outfit. Maxima has the body and personality not to mention the smile to pull it off!!!
Old 11-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Why they chose to ruin a perfectly nice dress is a mystery to me. The blue version was good enough in 2014, but this adaptation is a monstrosity. Only Natan/ Eduard Vermeulen could think of such a thing. Sadly the retirement age went up with 2 years in Belgium, that means we will have to make the most of it for 7 1/2 more years.

The jewels are lovely though, the first time I can remember that the emerald pendant/brooch is combined with a riviere. It is more than I expected for the Australian visit.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Great hair and jewels but the 3 different colours on the gown don't work together.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the skirt but the rest is a failure IMO .. there is too much going on
Old 11-02-2016, 11:07 AM
Majesty

I like it. Queen Máxima has the personality to wear it. Just for listening to music, she was pretty glamorous.

Tags
queen maxima, queen maxima cocktail dresses, queen maxima dresses, queen maxima eveningwear, queen maxima gowns