Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 4: April 2016 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The color and print are amazing. I like the style of the dress a lot, the more retro feel suits her well. I am never crazy of the belted waist feel of these dresses though but that's just me.

I agree though, the earrings were a miss. Simple diamonds would have been nice.

I love the front, but think the back is not doing her any favors. Great print. Very Max.

Love the colors and the print. I would have preferred this full length as a gown.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Love the colors and the print. I would have preferred this full length as a gown.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

It's a beautiful dress and I agree - I think a full length version of this gown would be great - perfect for Prinsjesdag!

The dress is beautiful- the color, print, fit. Perfect! Shoes were nice too.

The earrings weren't my favorite, but otherwise, lovely.

I love everything except the earrings.

Have to disagree, what an unattractive dress for a grown woman. It looks more like dress for a doll or a little girl, IMO. The print, the cut, the wau the skirt billows out, maybe ther is some stiffer fabric doing that. Great hairdo

It's a beautiful dress and I agree - I think a full length version of this gown would be great - perfect for Prinsjesdag!

I agree how beautiful would it look full length I love the colour

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

the dress is sush lovely design suits perfectly Queen Maxima i loved her hair pulled up

Oh dear, I'm afraid I don't like this one at all. There's an odd mish-mash of colours going on. If you look at the full front view from far away it looks as if something strange has happened to the green top of the gown and Maxima has inwardly shrunk!

. Queen Máxima at a concert in Sydney today, November 2nd. We've seen the Natan skirt before in 2014:
** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Close up ** February 2014 **

Ah the green top with brown cummerbund rings all kinds of bells for me. My mother had a ball gown in these two exact colors. I remember the skirt was full and round and made of wide vertical panels of alternating green and brown. It was a lot to take in. Mom let me play dress up in the thing and I remember how proud she was of it. Even at a tender age I knew not to ask her what she was thinking when she picked it out. I imagine it did look good with her deep brown hair.

Anyway - I think this a very modern look on Max but am not sure the heaviness of the brown material looks anything but thick around her waist. I'm glad she went for it, though.

Hair and gems are beautiful!

The hair is good but all the look is just to much!!!! Like everything she had she wore it!

i love the green and blue combination of colours (so classy), but the brown thing in the middle throws me off. also, the skirt is disproportionate in comparison to the top size. i also like the upper part and how nicely fitted it is.

love the hair and jewels.

Love the whole outfit. Maxima has the body and personality not to mention the smile to pull it off!!!

Why they chose to ruin a perfectly nice dress is a mystery to me. The blue version was good enough in 2014, but this adaptation is a monstrosity. Only Natan/ Eduard Vermeulen could think of such a thing. Sadly the retirement age went up with 2 years in Belgium, that means we will have to make the most of it for 7 1/2 more years.

The jewels are lovely though, the first time I can remember that the emerald pendant/brooch is combined with a riviere. It is more than I expected for the Australian visit.

Last edited:
Great hair and jewels but the 3 different colours on the gown don't work together.

I love the skirt but the rest is a failure IMO .. there is too much going on

I like it. Queen Máxima has the personality to wear it. Just for listening to music, she was pretty glamorous.

That outfit is hideous. Why would someone do changes to a nice dress?! The green and brown combo isn't bad but with the navy it all looks messy. Th brown belt looks was too big (but could be just the picture). Loved her necklace, make up and hair was nicely done.

Her hair is fab. And as always her jewels stunning. :flowers:

I love the skirt. It looked beautiful I'm the original version. And I love the green top, it fits her. The color combination is great. But the top and the skirt proportions are off and don't fit well together :ermm: and don't get me started on the horrid brown Cumberbund thing going on. Makes her look huge, and so akward in the dress.

Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 4: April 2016 -

That color combination doesn't work at all. Dreadful. I'm not fond of the skirt style either. The cummerbund looks terrible -color, style, size. This is a miss on so many levels imo.

Her hair is beautiful.

Last edited:
Ill only say....hurrah for the jewels!
Hair is pretty!

No, just no. The original version was extravagant as well but it worked. This is too much.

Not a good dress.

I absolutely love it!!Only Máxima gets away with this ensemble while blowing everyone away with her mesmerizing smile and exceptional presence!!
Oh,and did I mention the dove's egg...everyone present will remember the dove's egg...:lol:

I absolutely love Maxima's daring, but this just does not work! There is way too much going on. At least the brown & blue are similar in texture but the green just comes out of nowhere! I really love the original blue design, she should have left well enough alone!!

that's outfit have a place on the most horrible EVER;
nothing is working neither the flashy colors or the shiny fabrice and that band on waist is just biiig NO

the blue dress was fine. I guess she wanted a reason to wear certain jewels. The hair and jewelry were wonderful, the alteration to the gwn abominable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom