Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 2: April 2014 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The zipper is shown for a terrible fashion statement,not because of faulty workmanship, it is inside out on purpose. I'm afraid the ruffle is too big, even for maxima, and the fabric is too flimsy and showing too many bumps. It is also too tight across hips and thighs. Get your money back on this one! The emeralds are another story fabulous
Really love this hairdo for tiara wear for max

I only like the color, but I emphatically agree about that prominent puckered zipper and the oversized ruffle. The tight material also pulls across the slope of her butt as well. But the jewels and tiara-do are just magnificent.

Last edited:
God bless Max, I love her, yes I do.

But, since it looks like she's SO into making "fashion statements" that she'd actually go out in public with that zipper put in as it is (apparently ON PURPOSE!), then I'd say she needs to rethink her priorities and have her head examined, for good measure.

Zipper aside, except for a few nitpicks (example: a smaller ruffled shoulder wing, for starters!), I like this!

ESPECIALLY those Dutch emeralds!

However, for the zipper alone, I'll give her props for being a better woman than I am. Why? Because I'd've NEVER chosen to pay for (?) and wear that dress at ALL (let ALONE out in public!) with that zipper put in it like it is.

Alleged "fashion statement", or not (and yes, I'm STILL trying to figure out what that "statement" is supposed to be saying!).

Then again, that's just me.

Here was I having a wonderful time waxing lyrical about the wonderful hair, faulous jewels, gorgeous colour gown, enviable silhouette, utterly divine shoes, fabulous "Maxima" shoulder ruffle and then screeeeach . . . like a fingernail on a chalkboard . . . the zipper!!!

OMG what was she thinking?

Last edited by a moderator:
The ruffle is way to stiff. I would not want to be seated next to her and try and have a conversation! The zipper is a nightmare!! It is obviously inside out and I cannot imagine why. The dress is too tight and and too short. A shame because her hair and emeralds are absolutely gorgeous, as is the color.

Besides the awful zipper and the dress being a bit too tight, I thought she amazing. The dress style and the two oversized ruffles doe suit her personality. The green is a great color and the hair and jewels worked very well with the look.

I love Maxima and I love Lanvin. But this gown is so unflattering on so many levels. The way it shows her body and highlights her middle section while showing her legs to be VERY thin compared with her bust is looking VERY weird!

The zipper is shown for a terrible fashion statement,not because of faulty workmanship, it is inside out on purpose. I'm afraid the ruffle is too big, even for maxima, and the fabric is too flimsy and showing too many bumps. It is also too tight across hips and thighs. Get your money back on this one! The emeralds are another story fabulous
Really love this hairdo for tiara wear for max

This is why the zipper looks like it does.

I love it all ... I do agree the zip thing is odd.

Burn that dress, Majesty.

You can {and do}, do soo much better !

Last edited:
Has she worn this dress before? It looks as though the seam was 'let out' and the zipper reset to make the dress fit. In fact, the sewing looks like it was done by the A-team!

The dress is awful. Green looks great on her but the shoulder part is just gross

It looks like the zipper was sewn on the exterior of the fabric rather than underneath. That puzzles me even more; I can't believe it could have been intentional and why that wasn't corrected. Maybe it was a hastily done repair/adjustment, although I can't believe a queen's seamstress or Lanvin's would commit such an egregious error like this.

Last edited:
I googled Lanvin zipper and got quite a few hits. There were several which looked tidy, like the fashion of a couple of years ago, and there were a few which looked like Maxima's. So it's a Lanvin 'thing'. Somehow reminds me of the Emperor's New Clothes.

The orderofsplendor blog has photographs of the model wearing this, and the zipper is just as crude and weird as it is here.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned the blog post about the green dress on OOSS.
Worth looking at? Or have all the pictures been posted on here already?

I have seen enough pics of this dress to last me a lifetime! With it's weird zipper and huge ruffle, among other details, I am not impressed with it at all.

I have to say it looks a lot better on Fan Bingbing, (whoever she is), than Queen Maxima. However, I still don't like it. Maxima can do so much better, and she has!!

The ruffle is way to stiff. I would not want to be seated next to her and try and have a conversation! The zipper is a nightmare!! It is obviously inside out and I cannot imagine why. The dress is too tight and and too short. A shame because her hair and emeralds are absolutely gorgeous, as is the color.
I do agree, but this time I really loved her make-up. Don't know exactly what is so different, but she looks younger and smoother. Really looks pretty lately.

For the state banquet in Warsaw, Poland, this evening, June 24, Queen Máxima recycled her Benito Fernandez dress from last year:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** January 2013 **

this is so maxima and although there's a lot going on, it suits her very well. she looks every inch the queen! it's nice to see her wearing something from her native country also, as a change from her usual natan.

I'm not a huge fan of the gown, though it suits Maxima. However, how I love the royals who treat us to their beautiful jewels.

Last edited:
Not my favorite dress and I love ruffles. I guess if they weren't so stiff and had to compete with giant sash and bow, just too too much.

Love the jewels and hairdo

Purple. Not my fave color but I love the dress in Max. Loving the jewels!

:previous: Purple isn't my favourity colour either but with Maxima and that dress, well, I am a convert. The purple and red mix is amazing but I can't think of anyone else but Maxima who could carry it off.

This is simply Maxima to the max!

I love this dress but the red sash/giant bow is too much imo. The look would be better off without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom