Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 2: April 2014 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree the shoes actualy dsetroy the outfit IMO and the dark lippy doesn't help I don't know if I like the gown or not all I can see are those terrible shoes.

But wasn't Queen Máxima just following fashion? Those BIG ladies' shoes are everywhere, these days...

According to Hola! the feathers on the green dress are real Marabu feathers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing! Well done to Maxima for recycling this beauty. I loved it when I saw it and loved it even more for it being a 'rescued' piece out of her MIL's wardrobe! This not only highlights their great relationship but also Maxima's ability to re-turn 'things into gold'. She looked amazing.

It's so Maxima, yet so distinctive, so original compared to today's clothes. Nothing like this would be created today by any designer so it's great to see this "old stuff becoming new" in a way

Queen Maxima looked great. The vintage dress is overloaded with embellishments: sparkly embroidery and feathers. The colour is lovely and bright. I do not mind shoes.

But wasn't Queen Máxima just following fashion? Those BIG ladies' shoes are everywhere, these days...
Yes, but three years ago when Zara, Letizia or Christina wore them, everyone yell like banshees. Now all of a sudden when prices are lower and in substandard catalogues, everyone is gushing. Silly world of followers.

Yes, but three years ago when Zara, Letizia or Christina wore them, everyone yell like banshees. Now all of a sudden when prices are lower and in substandard catalogues, everyone is gushing. Silly world of followers.

Your right. I think I was a banshee.....

I've always hated those clunky platform shoes, and always will. Back in the '70s when they were first in fashion, I've always disliked them and never wore them.

Máxima is wearing an old dress of her mother-in-law for a concert. It is too short now. Maybe they should have removed a few centimeters and make it a cocktail dress, which is more fitting for the occassion.

Bevrijdingsdag 2014 | ModekoninginMaxima.nl

wow I'm surprise she is using a dress from her mothr inlaw, she has plenty dresses, I wonder what is the idea?

wow I'm surprise she is using a dress from her mothr inlaw, she has plenty dresses, I wonder what is the idea?

I think it is lovely to see Max in the dress. Firstly, it is very revealing of the close relationship they must have for either of them to be comfortable with it. Secondly, a little bit of reciycling can only send out a very positive message.

On another forum I saw a poster suggesting that Queen Máxima was showing economical awareness. Hmmm... I don't think re-using a gown makes any difference in the costs of the monarchy. I mean: at the one hand the Royal House orders a fleet of new Audi cars (especially the King's new one was awfully expensive) and then at the other hand the Queen shows some sensitive frugality?

A day later the same Queen appeared with new pearl-and-diamond earrings probably having a bigger prize tag than a new gown. I think the answer lies in the fun of sharing and also the loving relationship. Princess Beatrix seems to see her talented daughters-in-law Máxima, Mabel and Laurentien as the daughters she never had. With her husband and three sons, for decades she was the only lady in her male-dominated house.

My gut-feeling: despite the economic crisis (all signs go on green again, by the way, there is a feeling of going out of the dip) the Dutch like to see their Queen in appropriate royal fashion and understandably there is a prize tag to that. The Dutch are known as grumpy on money but their Queen is very glamorous and that has not met lots of criticism, so far.

:flowers:

Last edited:
I like the idea of recycling another relative's gown, but to me this one should've stayed in the 80's... can't say I'm a fan of the look, although the colour is nice.

On another forum I saw a poster suggesting that Queen Máxima was showing economical awareness. Hmmm... I don't think re-using a gown makes any difference in the costs of the monarchy. I mean: at the one hand the Royal House orders a fleet of new Audi cars (especially the King's new one was awfully expensive) and then at the other hand the Queen shows some sensitive frugality?

I'm not sure how much Maxima's usual gowns and outfits cost, but let's say they're something along the lines of 300-400 euros (maybe this is going a bit far, but it's just a guess). To me, 300-400 euros is a lot of money, and it would improve things by quite a bit if I saved that much by recycling an old gown. Then again, I'm not royal, so maybe 300-400 euros isn't considered as a lot of money in the royal world. But what I'm trying to say is that since the Dutch Monarchy is the most expensive in Europe, they're trying to keep costs low by recycling things such as gowns, so they can enjoy more holidays, day trips, royal events etc without having to worry about money. I think that might be what the poster was trying to imply. :flowers:

Máxima handed out the King Willem I Prize 2014 and the King Willem I Plaque for Sustainable Entrepreneurship 2014 in Amsterdam this evening, May 13, wearing a long dress with an animal print:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

I'm not generally a fan of animal prints, and this is way too much!

Not a fan of so much animal print -- especially in May. However the colors look great on her and her hair is perfect. Why choose such a dark print in the Spring???!

Max's hair, makeup and earrings are gorgeous but that dress! There is way too much of it, it just makes her look big and kind of lumpy and that is not the way I want to see the lovely Max.

I think she looks lovely. It is different.

Hmmm. Not Max's best effort sartorially. But even in an unflattering dress she is radiant!

It is the shawl, if the dress is sleevless, then it won't look like too much print.
The diamonds make up for all of it :)

I suppose that this is a good way to have a summer dress with such a print ;). I have to say that after seeing the youtube sensation la Tigressa del Oriente, tigerprints never were the same for me again: it's just too much on anybody. But as long as she doesn't copy la Tigressa's claw-movement we should be thankful.

Last edited:
Very busy .. but I love the jewels .. the dress is too much IMO another what was she thinking moment.

:ohmy: That is one very ugly dress.......and it's summer not autumn/winter, why do drab at this time of year. She is a very beautiful lady, yet sometimes I wonder about her choices in clothes, and today seeing her with a double chin, no, no, toooo much good food, wine, champagne is showing! She has the best personality of all the royals, full of life, fun, commitment and totally loves her husband and family...............

I suppose that this is a good way to have a summer dress with such a print ;). But this is one awful dress too.

I would not have recognised MT. She looks absolutely terrible!

ok, that dress is too much but I can imagine occasions where it works (party etc) but that shawl doesnt work at all. its either that crazy dress alone or nothing.

I love me some animal print so this is a good look to me. A bit overstyled though

I like animal but more for a party than an official event....love the jewels!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom