Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 2: April 2014 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Maxima's blue coronation gown. It's looks even more amazing without the cape.

The Claes Iversen dress is really pretty and the color looks fabulous on Maxima. All in all, I think she hit it out of the park with both gowns.

The orange dress is lovely, and very Maxima. The only dislike is the one shoulder strap. I'm not a fan of that type of style in general.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I always Love to see the back views of the gowns/dresses. It gives a whole new dimension to the style and design! This is an exquisite view of an awesome gown worn for the second time by Queen Maxima. This has to be the very best I've seen her hair styled... Perfection!

Claes Iversen is definitely a designer that I hope Maxima would continue to wear. His fit's, designs are very well thought of and they flatter her well. The evening gown is lovely. She certainly wears the one shoulder very well.

Great Dress! That´s her style - Glittering, dramatic and a hot colour!
BYe Bine

very flattering gown for Maxima,the dress cut suit her figure and the color looks great on her.

I agree, it is a very flattering gown for Maxima, and makes her seem a lot slimmer than she often looks.

Also, great choice of colour.

Maxima looks wonderful!
But where are all the posts saying she should have worn her hair up?

Another great dress for Máxima. I hope we will see her wearing it with a tiara in the nearby future

I agree, it is a very flattering gown for Maxima, and makes her seem a lot slimmer than she often looks.

Also, great choice of colour.
I thought the same. She does look slimmer in this dress. And also, great color on her. Wonderfully put together, from the hair and makeup to the dress to the accessories. Every inch a Queen.

What a beautiful orange dress. She looks incredibly spectacular. Her hair looks also quite nice.

Maxima looks wonderful!
But where are all the posts saying she should have worn her hair up?

She wore no diadem, it was no State Banquet or a protoccollary event. It was watching to a dance performance, a very experimental one: Rocco by ICKamsterdam, which was performed in.... a boxing arena.

Picture

No setting for formal updos., the amazing diamonds, the Claes Iversen dress and the lush hair however made it all dressed up above normal.

"It is our gift to Queen Margrethe. We thought she would like such a modern performance" so stated the King.

:flowers:

The best I've seen her hair worn down! It looks fuller and with body. Maybe she had extensions put in?? Love her new gown and it definitely makes her appear slimmer, which is a good thing, imho. Love it's simplicity for a change, with just a few sparkles and the fabulous diamond jewelry added. Just goes to show that she doesn't always need to go over the top to look great!

Apparently Queen Máxima makes use of a beautician and a Lady's maid (kamenier in Dutch). In the book Aan het Hof (At the Court) by Meijer and Hoedeman is written that Queen Beatrix employs these in her regular Household. Her bouffante hairdo surely required a daily service...

Queen Máxima sometimes sports wonderful hairdoes but sometimes it looks like her old ravaged herself. That is why I am nor sure if she employs a beautician like Queen Beatrix did. Maybe she simply requests the services of a local lady. I would say, with all the financial means at her disposal, seeing her position in society, she should have one in regular service.

At the other hand, Huis ten Bosch in The Hague, the private residence of the King, is in major restoration and renovation. The royal family still resides in the private villa on the royal domain De Horsten near Wassenaar. When the royal family moves to the -undoubtedly perfectly- restored new residence and with the advancing ages of the three daughters in mind, I think the beautician's salon in the big house will be occupied again with a lady in the Queen's regular service.

Last edited:
^ Maybe she hires a hair & makeup team for the big events, but prefers to not hire them for non big events?

She looked amazing both nights. The blue dress was so beautiful and same goes for the orange dress. I wonder if her girls will be raiding her closet in the future as Maxima has some amazing dresses!

Her hair is so pretty. Brava to whoever did it. Iwonder if she used someone there?
Holy moly what a wonderful surprise! Love it w/o cape and love the hair! That is the best chignon I've ever seen. The jewels, just thank you!
Her tiara hair is perfect. Best I have seen on her and the gown was amazing. Such a fabulous colour to wear with the sapphires.

Nice surprise to see that dress again. Didn't expect it to be off the shoulder. She does the regal dressing up so good!
This is a back view of the blue inauguration/state dinner dress. I'd not seen this before

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/46...t1PLtvm5FlU/yk1wezbFAHH7GHfzdAS/gSdmBGFGugYk=
I always Love to see the back views of the gowns/dresses. It gives a whole new dimension to the style and design! This is an exquisite view of an awesome gown worn for the second time by Queen Maxima. This has to be the very best I've seen her hair styled... Perfection!
Wow, just wow. The very thought of hanging this in a glassed in vaccuum display . . . awful, just ghastly. On Max it is magnificent. It was off-the-shoulder with full illusion lace at the back above the waist. Who knew? We certainly wouldn't have had she not chosen to wear it again. Even the embroidery at the back with it's small train, the train (no pun) on the cape covered it all and left a glamorous, elegant, but slightly restrained Maxima at the inauguration.

But this? This is party time! Break out your best rocks and rock your best dress and knock their socks off. And she did. Normally I dislike a transparent lace back on gowns because every time I've seen one, it wasn't a good look. If fact looking at skinny, bony shoulder blades sticking out is just plain ugly. But not Max, she is a beautiful woman with curves and knows how to walk up straight for maximum effect and health. Not a bony protrusion in sight!

Máxima looking great in a new Claes Iversen dress in Copenhagen this evening, March 18:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **
You said it, she looks great. Her hair is gorgeous her jewels divine and her gown is quintessential Maxima. What more could we ask for?

A big no from me. Looks like her typical designer's work and don't like the heavy costume jewelry nor the red lipstick.

Good heavens, what a cramped program they have. Just back from Northern Germany, hoppa: the King has to change in jacquet for the Investiture of a new minister, then change again to head for the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam... I think Queen Máxima has barely had time to speak with Amalia, Alexia and Ariane!

The Queen looks glamorous, wow. I just saw the arrival of the royal couple on NOS Journaal, under an bombardment of flashlights. The black "necklace" looks like the collar of the black dress to me. The maquillage and hairdo completed the look. The shoes look 'mabelian' (Viktor & Rolf) to me.

This outfit is awful. I really dislike the cape.

The cape ("a sleeveless outer garment") is what it is: a cape, an outer garment, to cover shoulders between the car and the entrance....

Inside the Concertgebouw the Lady Patroness of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra (the Queen) wore a sleeveless dress. Pictures will follow.

Were it not for the lining, I might have thought that cape was whipped together with fabric and a glue gun. Ick, IMHO :eek:

I really like this look. The only quibble is that the cape looks a little ill fitting, but I'm not entirely sure because all the pics I've seen were with HM in motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom