Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 7: May 2015 - August 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all respect i have to a Duc IF Queen Maxima wore a LITTLE smaller hat and not so BIG i don;t take her for secretary or personal assisatnt :flowers:

She wears everything: pillboxes, turbans, toques, wide-brimmed hats, fascinators, flowerpieces, often with long hair, short hair, hair in a bun, with a French chignon, with a split, with curls, with lacquered hair, whatever. From all European royal ladies she is by far the most versatile, and yes... then the one is a success and the other maybe not. I prefer Máxima in BIG hats and in pillboxes. The rest are not so my cup of tea.

:flowers:

May 29, 2015 - Day 3 in Canada wearing a nice white dress and a wide brim hat. Unfortunately the messy hair doesn't work with the look nor the hat.

Full view ** Side view ** Close up

The hair is a disaster. I really hoped that she would "step up" when Queen. She has considerably less "hanging hair days" then as Princess, but still... this is really not flattering at all. The strange thing is: doesn't she look at herself on TV, in newspapers, magazines, internet and think: "Hmmm.... no, not sophisticated enough?" She CAN look deadly fabulous, really having stunning hair and... why not? Apparently she has not such an interest in that.

:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
The hair is a disaster. I really hoped that she would "step up" when Queen. She has considerably less "hanging hair days" then as Princess, but still... this is really not flattering at all. The strange thing is: doesn't she look at herself on TV, in newspapers, magazines, internet and think: "Hmmm.... no, not sophisticated enough?" She CAN look deadly fabulous, really having stunning hair and... why not? Apparently she has not such an interest in that.

:ermm:

I don't think Queen Maxima is type of person who loves herself so much that she checks out the TV, newspapers, magazines, internet etc to see how great she looked earlier in the day. I guess some people will do that, but Maxima doesn't strike me as insecure about how she looks and dresses.

She looks great in both the green and white dresses.

I'm not a hat person, but they work on her. She easily pulls off large hats.

She looks terrific and I love the big hats and bling! Just didn't think the lace overcoat worked. How can she walk in such heels!

She looks daytime inappropriate when Canadians around her are in jeans. Way over the top.

She looks daytime inappropriate when Canadians around her are in jeans. Way over the top.

It was just one moment in a long, long day-program. There were official receptions mixed with "spontaneous meetings with the public". When King Felipe walks through Oviedo and people dressed in jeans wave to him, he has to change and dress jeans too?

:flowers:

The white dress is very nice but i prefer it in another color.

OK, the lace outfit is 'Maxima only' but the rest looks great. I love the fact that she dresses to be seen and it matches her personality. Maxima has a hair problem though. I didn't like most styles during this visit.

She wears everything: pillboxes, turbans, toques, wide-brimmed hats, fascinators, flowerpieces, often with long hair, short hair, hair in a bun, with a French chignon, with a split, with curls, with lacquered hair, whatever. From all European royal ladies she is by far the most versatile, and yes... then the one is a success and the other maybe not. I prefer Máxima in BIG hats and in pillboxes. The rest are not so my cup of tea.

Those are the kind of hats I prefer her in most as well.

Maxima's white dress is nice, but there's something about the fitting that's a little unflattering on her IMO. Her hat isn't for me but she manages to make it work.

I love Máxima. Please, those big hats! Even though they are perfect for Máxima and indeed she looks beautiful. It is almost as she is trying to take over everyone in the picture. She should think of the people she is meeting. Canada's prime minister and his wife, a petite lady. The pictures looked awful. Máxima has a great personality, she does not really need those extra accessories. LESS IS MORE.

Last edited:
Maxima has a hair problem though. I didn't like most styles during this visit.

I am sure that Queen Maxima knows her hair is not her best feature, but it doesn't bother her. I remember an interview with Princess Grace's daughter. She told of her mother's awful thinning hair. How most of the time she had on wigs and filler pieces that no one ever knew about until her death. Even some of the braiding she wore around her crown towards the end of her life was fake. Not every one has beautiful thick shiny hair. I personally would love to see Queen Maxima experiment with hair pieces and colors. I bet she would carry off beautifully. I even would like to see a blunt cut on her similar to Queen Letizia's new bob. Can't hurt, plus it always grows back. JMO

I love Máxima. Please, those big hats! Even though they are perfect for Máxima and indeed she looks beautiful. It is almost as she is trying to take over everyone in the picture. She should think of the people she is meeting. Canada's prime minister and his wife, a petite lady. The pictures looked awful. Máxima has a great personality, she does not really need those extra accessories. LESS IS MORE.

Well people know my opinion on hats, but, these huge picture hats are now 100% the style. 1950-60 look again. Heavens some of the women in church wore such large ones years ago you were lucky to see around them. Queen Maxima is tall enough and not a wisp of a woman that she carries off well. Still hats not a favorite of mine except on QEII.

Now, a well dress man in a proper fitting suit with a correct hat and topcoat and driving gloves...............that is quite another story. Cary Grant come to mind. Shame that went out of style via JFK hatred for hats and those damn baseball caps are wore everywhere, even in restaurants. Shutter.

I am sure that Queen Maxima knows her hair is not her best feature, but it doesn't bother her. I remember an interview with Princess Grace's daughter. She told of her mother's awful thinning hair. How most of the time she had on wigs and filler pieces that no one ever knew about until her death. Even some of the braiding she wore around her crown towards the end of her life was fake. Not every one has beautiful thick shiny hair. I personally would love to see Queen Maxima experiment with hair pieces and colors. I bet she would carry off beautifully. I even would like to see a blunt cut on her similar to Queen Letizia's new bob. Can't hurt, plus it always grows back. JMO

yes, you can see they have pieces all of them including P Mary when they use crowns
And it is surprising about Grace Kelly but now her daughter in law
Chrlene is the same not much hair!
Just I would like to know where they get them that fillers nd seea you tube tutorial to see how they do it including how they set the tiaras on them

Queen Máxima regularly used hair pieces. That is obvious. See an example.
I must say they look very good,
They are able to match perfectly her own hair and I guess she has the best
She is tall and I think all this big hats look very nice on her I could not see Letizia with them. A tall woman could use all this big hats I am not sure if you are short you can use them?
well I must say she had a good display of hats during this visits, ha ha a lot of hats boxes to transport!
The hats that she used with the white dress and the green lace , are the same?

This is most likely done with a hairpiece, and this also.

For sure, I think the one from the coronation must have a fill in, she doesn't have all that quantity of hair! I must say the hairdressers are fantastic to create this up dos and insert the tiara! Other is CP Mary she has probably a lot of hair pieces too!

Their Majesties the King and Queen of the Netherlands were received by His Excellency The President of the United States of America. The Queen wore an elegant black-and-white combination with fantastic diamonds-and-pearls bijoux.

Picture

She looks truly regal. Those jewels- Wow! Love the outfit. Is there to be a dinner at the White House?

:previous:

It's a recycled Prada dress - very elegant!

** Full view ** Close up ** May 2014 **

Elegant and divine indeed! I prefer the larger hat.

Very Jackie O.

Love the Prada dress with one of my favorite brooches!!!

Can't beat this stylish Prada dress! Simple lines to show off her stunning jewels. This is how a queen should look...

Just perfect in every way, great hat, not too big, hair, makeup, and the pearl earrings
necklace and brooch are the best

I knew that had to be a designer other than the dreaded "N" word because of the good fit and flattering design.

I love the t strap shoes

Máxima wore a second outfit yesterday, June 1st: For a meeting with politicians on the Capitol Hill she chose her new Natan outfit she had worn on May 19:

** Full view ** Upper part ** May 2015 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom