Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 6: November 2014 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The decorations seem a reverence to Denmark, there were crosses-pattée alike the Dannebrog and figures similar to a Nordic star and Polar star. Undoubtedly we will hear more from Claes Iversen in the coming days when the media will comment on it.

Fabulous terribly chic and elegant choice! Without knowing anything, the stars do look quite Nordic to me. I adore the colors and cut, different but still flattering. Great hat and lovely gloves and hair too

Queen Maxima looked beautiful today in Denmark,the coat is very interesting.

I'm not sure about the sleeves, but I do like the color and the design of the coat. Great hat and hair.

Beautiful coat. Like the colour of the dress.
But please stop wearing peep toes, you don't have the feet for it.

It's not that I dislike this look but I'm rather underwhelmed by it. I was expecting Maxima to wear something in bold colours. I'm simply not a fan of grey.
But with bold colours one is quickly saturated. This sober design gave possibilities to use ingenious patterns. On the TV news over here it looked sparkly in daylight, making the whole coat quite lively.

:flowers:
Thank you Duc, you explained the effect of colour saturation beautifully. I think the plane taxied to a halt and Queen Maxima arrived! From the top of her head to the tip of her toes, Maxima had it all together. The hair, perfect for that natty little hat, the coat, unexpectedly alive and the shoes, just a little naughty to remind everyone that she's still 'Maxima'. Her accessories are just perfect and I have to admit, I really love the gloves. Maxima really is placing the bar pretty high these days.

Edit: Just saw a fabulous photo of Maxima and Mary and there are stones or cabochon Crystals at the center of the crosses on Maxima's coat. And this the sparkle!

http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagen...n-denmark-tour/0-124-652/queen-maxima3--a.jpg

Last edited:

Queen Máxima looking great with a coat and brown accessories on day 2 of the state visit to Denmark today, March 18.

As said in Crown Princess Mary's fashion thread it's really nice how they obviously coordinated their outfits:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

I love the feminine cut of the neckline, the "so Máxima" use of elegant colour-coordinated gloves. Wunderbar.

The Crown Princess looked lovely too, maybe the coll pulli was a bit too casual for the event.

With the grey coat from day 1 (see a close up) Queen Máxima started in "Queen Wear": peculiar expensive designs looking like made for Queens. I can not see anyone else than a royal purchasing such a striking coat for only wearing it once.

Look at this example (Queen Elizabeth II), or this example (Camilla of Cornwall).

Last edited by a moderator:
Day one's outfit: I don't know exactly why, but I kind of hate the coat although I don't think it is totally ugly. Might be because of the shape although I think it is mainly because of the over the top detailing.
Once she tooks off it, she looks nice, the dress is beautiful and I like this kind of headpiece on her.

Day two: love everything. The coat is nice and fits her so well. I love the style of the hat and I like she has paired the camel coat with brown accesories. The simple gold necklace looks good too.

Queen Máxima looking great with a coat and brown accessories on day 2 of the state visit to Denmark today, March 18.

As said in Crown Princess Mary's fashion thread it's really nice how they obviously coordinated their outfits:

According to modekoninginmaxima.nl, this outfit has also been made by Claes Iversen.

arrival outift: the coat is intersting and in good way i loove it,Queen Maxima looks great today.

second outfit: the coat is ven better than the first i love the cut and how it suit Maxima the hat looks superb too she looks wonderful.

Last edited:
Today's coat is amazing but slightly too tight. I don't like the shoes and clutch matched together. The hat with this coat worked well.

With the grey coat from day 1 (see a close up) Queen Máxima started in "Queen Wear": peculiar expensive designs looking like made for Queens. I can not see anyone else than a royal purchasing such a striking coat for only wearing it once.

Look at this example (Queen Elizabeth II), or this example (Camilla of Cornwall).

Now see, I love Queen Elizabeth's outfit. Camilla's looks like a zebra puked all over her.
Second- Dislike it.

^ I can imagine them calling each other and coordinating their Day 2 outfits. :)

Maxima looked amazing for their arrival. She definitely pulled off the gray outfit very well.

I love the coat and gloves but not the hat.

The coat is lovely, but it looks a bit too tight. I do like her accessories, but I don't think any of them went well with this outfit.

i think this is an outfit only Queen Maxima can pull it off very well,i don't like the jacket and the outfit looks better without it but anyway the overall look is lovely.

I really donot like this it is horrible IMO I wish she would through it in the bin !!!!

I am sure the dress is Natan too; it looks awful, esp. the leather part. The only thing I like about the outfit is the hat.

Last edited:
A couple of weeks ago, Queen Mathilde wore a leather top and I wasn't keen at all. Whilst I prefer the colour of Maxima's leather top - actually I like the whole colour combination - I still dislike leather used in this way!

The Queen should have sticked to Claes Iversen (but even about him the opinions were divided, see the grey coat from Day 1).

Her hat looks like it's about to fall off.

Thr red with the diamond moth brooch. Perfection!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom