Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 6: November 2014 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only woman I ever saw who looked great in a jumpsuit was Jill St. John who I met wearing a denim one years ago. Unfortunately, it caused me to buy the same one, with my limited funds, and believe me the effect was not the same! Fashion lesson learned the hard way

Last edited:
The outfit looked much better when the coat was closed. I don't like this particular turban, but I can't blame her for wearing it. It is rather cold today, esp. for an outdoor ceremony where you have to stand still for an hour or so.

Why HM looks as if she spent a month on the beach while it december is a mystery btw.

Last edited:
December 4, 2014 - Maxima attending the ceremony on the Binnenhof where Gardener gets the Military Order of William wearing a printed dress, a beige coat, beige hat matched with a beige scarf and boots.

I think the coat is a bit too long giving the feel of it being bathrobe, the boots make the outfit look a bit casual and the turban doesn't work with this look nor does it work with th open hair. Th dress looks fine.

Back view of the hat ** Full view coat closed ** Full view coat open **Close up ** Coat open

It's a new dress - not much surprising ;) by Natan again:

** Natan Autumn/Winter 2014 **

I agree with Muriel about the turban it does look like a towel on her head,the coat is ok for a cold winters day but the outfit looks silly seeing how the King in dressed.

On the plus side at least Q.M.is wearing her coat properly this winter and not hanging it off her shoulders like last winter.

It's quite a nice and simple look.

December 4, 2014 - Maxima attending the ceremony on the Binnenhof where Gardener gets the Military Order of William wearing a printed dress, a beige coat, beige hat matched with a beige scarf and boots.

I think the coat is a bit too long giving the feel of it being bathrobe, the boots make the outfit look a bit casual and the turban doesn't work with this look nor does it work with th open hair. Th dress looks fine.

Back view of the hat ** Full view coat closed ** Full view coat open **Close up ** Coat open

Not "Gardener" but Major G.P. (Gijs) Tuinman, former Commander Corps Special Forces of the Infantry was awarded the Militaire Willems-Orde by the King himself, as His Majesty formulated: "for excellent bravery and heroïc acts on the battlefield". (The Major succeed to bring his command safely home under utmost heavy enemy fire, one of his men was hit deadly. The Major managed to stay calm, bring his command in safety and immediately organized support from Apaches and personally went back into the line of fire to bring the dead comrade out of the battlefield).

The Major made a solemn vow to the King: "I solemnly swear to act as a true and loyal knight, ever ready to have my life at stake for King and fatherland, and to prove -with all what is inside me- to be worth this dignity, allowed to me by The King. So help me God almighty!"

:flowers:

I agree with Muriel about the turban it does look like a towel on her head,the coat is ok for a cold winters day but the outfit looks silly seeing how the King in dressed.

On the plus side at least Q.M.is wearing her coat properly this winter and not hanging it off her shoulders like last winter.

It was freezing cooooooold, there was a fierce and icy wind in the Netherlands, especially in The Hague, a city at the sea-side, standing on that windy Inner Court.... all thoughts of Her Majesty would have gone to everything else than "do I look good?"

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Her Majesty's Winter coat came in handy then today!

that's Queen Maxima fav Natan Boots:D
the coat is nice but i am afraid the overall look is terrible.

(...)
And now for that horrible hat Queen Max is wearing, what is it? It looks like gold cellophane paper or wrapping, this is so bad on her. And those boots, I don't get her since she has been Queen, she is dressing down, like she is in her 20's something. I find that lately there are many times when I wonder who puts her clothes together for an event and she just goes out the door without looking.....and she is spending lots of money in all the wrong places to shop.

She looks like she's wearing a bathrobe, and that hat is hideous . Looks like she's got spaghetti wrapped around her head.

that skirt looks great on Maximan the overal look is a pretty.

It's a messy unmatched looked. The top is too casual and boring to be matched with such an evening looking skirt.

this very chic and pretty,i like the neckline of the jacket very elegant.
back to the big beautiful hat:)

Chic outfit and a very nice overall, Maxima looked every inch a Queen.

Chic outfit and a very nice overall, Maxima looked every inch a Queen.

That she did!
Well, hello Your Majesty!
Love it from head to toe!
I must say I love it when Max's looks look... completed. You know, hats with daywear, ultra- regal evening wear. Looks more like a Queen that way.

This is such an elegant look for Maxima. She definitely nailed it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

what a fabulous neckline to showcase those pearls. Love the chocolate brown and velvet and real hat. Perfect look.

Máxima at the family Christmas photosession in Argentina yesterday, December 22, wearing a nice blouse and a long cardigan combined with pink pants:

** Upper part ** Full view **

Máxima at the family Christmas photosession in Argentina yesterday, December 22, wearing a nice blouse and a long cardigan combined with pink pants:

We don't often see Queen Maxima in such casuals these days and I think it is a great look for a holiday. The photo of them both is so lovely - there is great affection between them.

Great outfit. Such a wonderful King and Queen!!!

I'm not a fan of the colours together as they clash to me, particularly with the patterned top. All pieces are nice individually, though, and the outfit fits in well with the casual, relaxed feel of the photo session.

Nice to see Max so obviously relaxed. Lov the patterned blouse and cinched sweater.
Not crazy about the pink pants but love the pose with her husband.

A great and elegant recycled look for Máxima at the opening of an exhibition at the Groninger Museum today, December 12:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** November 2013 ** March 2006 **

what a fabulous neckline to showcase those pearls. Love the chocolate brown and velvet and real hat. Perfect look.
What a gorgeous ensemble, from head to toe Max looks fabulous. Whoever said brown was boring never met Maxima! And those pearls . . . to die for.

We don't often see Queen Maxima in such casuals these days and I think it is a great look for a holiday. The photo of them both is so lovely - there is great affection between them.
You're right Jack, we don't see them in "civvies" very often these days but they both look good and I love Maxima's sense of style. Why not pick up the pink of her pants with a lovely pair of earrings? That's why she's rarely boring in her dress sense.

But, more importantly, as Jack has commented, the affection, the love between these two is there for everyone to see.

Not a fan of the outfit but it suited her and she wore it nicely. It's casual and appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom