Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 5: September 2014 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, no, not for me: too much the same color, hat too far back on the head, it's probably the first time that i like Laurentien's outfit better ;)
That said, it must be quite difficult to find a dress that works with the upholstery of those chairs :lol:

The ensemble is all right. The Gothic themed dress is quite understated and seems to be well-tailored. I do not like the pillbox hat/headpiece.

Last edited:
I think the dress looks very good, understated in design but made a presence in colour - simple and elegant. I usually love Maxima hair updo but feel that the hairstyle is not suitable for the pillbox hat. Dislike the shoes too

Last edited:
A very regal looking Queen Maxima today on Prinsjesdag,I do like the fact she wore gloves but I don't think leathers one's complemented the overal look today.

I agree with the two previous posters ... Perhaps the red leather gloves and marching shoes were a bit much.. Also the hair seems a bit off -- perhaps it should have been pulled back off her face???

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I like her dress and I like the shoes, don't mind the gloves, thoug looks too much! just I do not like that turban hat on her! she had in other occasion a red fascinator with beautiful red feathers, I think that would have look great with this outfit!

Love it all. Some of the pictures come across as red on my screen, even more give it a very pinky red. The dress is perfect, the hat fits well and is not too much and I adore her hairdo. In fact, I think she should think about cutting it to a bob, pageboy look. Her use of jewelry is just perfect, a few giant pearls, not too much.
I am a glove lover also, and am a fan of all glove uses, though I do like lace or cotton gloves in warmer weather.

I love it, she looks really amazing. The colour of the gloves is really bad, and it makes the look too red, it would have been much better if they were white.
I love her dress, her hat, her jewels and her clutch.

Máxima, once again, looks divine. That dress is pure perfection and I love the hat. The gloves seem wrong to me, perhaps because of the material, leather just seems too harsh for such dress. Not liking the shoes either.

I don't mind Máxima's dress, but it is not too interesting. It is from Valentino, but I would have preferred a creation by a Dutch designer for this day. Apart from the advantage of being Dutch, it also has the advantage people have less an idea of how expensive such a dress would be.

But there are other designers too. It would be nice if she could try to partner up with Edwin Oudshoorn, who recently created a wedding dress for the lady who married a count of Castell-Rüdenhausen of Twickel Castle.

http://www.edwinoudshoorn.com

Last edited:
the gloves ruin the look but the rest is just perfect,andeed red is Queens color.

It's a Valentino dress Máxima wore for today's Prinsjesdag - she looked great despite the gloves ;)

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Full view 3 ** Side view **

OK, to all those with reservations about hats, hair, gowns, gloves and shoes, please check out the BRF at the State Opening of Parliament who, while they get to wear jewellery, fabulous tiaras, necklaces, brooches and earrings, on the very down side, the ladies get to wear unrelieved white court dress, which even manages to kill the bling unless you are the poor, unfortunate monarch.

By comparision, the Dutch look like splendid peacocks, and those erm, chairs? Okay, they are honking great Thrones and if Maxima had worn the same sort of colour as Laurentian she would have disappered into the unholstery.

I loved Max's hat with that outfit. Serious enough to be appropriate for the occasion and small enough to not be a statement. Her hair was a work of art and her jewellery discreet enough to be noticed, but once again, not make a statement.

I think Max ran into a bit of a problem with the gloves. While multi-coloured leather gloves are readily available, red court gloves would have been darned near impossible to find, but I can't wait until next year when she will have sorted that particular wee problem.

Queen Maxima is the quintessential consort, there to support her husband and not be the "main event". It's amazing how she thought that out, very Max wise, yet not. I don't think I can ever recall someone wearing a solid colour from the tip of her head to the toes of her shoes, except the aforementioned whiteout for the BRF.

However, Max solved the problem very cleverly by going monochrome, and in the carriage, brilliant in red, she shone and all the while, Willam-Alexanderwas shining indulgently as he does. But, when they alight from the carriage and she takes his hand in the formal manner, it seems like the sheer gravitas of King Willem Alexander balances perfectly with Queen Maxima and, when they get to those enormous "Thrones", even in red she does not eclipse him. But she also dosn't fade into the background.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Maxima+King+Willem+Alexander+Addresses+kw7-wkY1GQ0x.jpg

Two questions for those in the know, why do only the ladies wear sashes and why are Maxima and Laurentian wearing different ones?

I was going to say, I love those thrones!
MARG-I agree with all your comments! Couldn't have said it better! You saved me a post or two!
(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a lot going on with her outfit, while the gown is great as is the color and the jewels are fabulous, not all is right with this outfit. I think open toed shoes of any kind are totally inappropriate for this occasion, that should be a big no no (who wants to see toes while during this time), the gloves, red fades into the background, some how she did not pull it off with red gloves, and the hat, while red which is okay, is seems like it's falling off her head, one turn of the head and off goes the hat falling. Wearing the color red seems like she wants to be seen, to be the center of attention. I have always liked Max and think she is going a very good job as Queen Consort, yet lately there have been changes in her when she is been out and about.

That was the one thing I did not care for- the shoes.

Maxima's gown is by Valentino? I am actually surprised why she would choose Valentino and not a Dutch designer like the past years. Moreover, this does not look anything like Valentino but it is a nice dress. The color suits her well and the simplicity of the dress and the cut. Her hair styled the way it was is actually very nice on her. Her front lighter highlight looked very nice. I also quite liked how her hat was sitting on her head with that hairstyle, it actually worked well.

I love the whole outfit! Maxima certainly knows how to pull out all stops at the very big events!

I love the gown, the color and the pomp of it all.

I dislike the shoes, which just seem ugly in the pics I've seen of them.

I don't understand the hairstyle with the hat. Obviously it's more of a headband/cap type of hat but the positioning is off-center while a lot of the hair is swept to the opposite side, which kind of made it seem at certain angles that the hat was off-kilter.

Maxima knows what suits her, but she lacks of inner class.
Those gloves and shoes have strong Moulin Rouge filling.

Maxima knows what suits her, but she lacks of inner class.
Those gloves and shoes have strong Moulin Rouge filling.

Wow... that is quite an insult. How can you blame someone for lacking "inner class" and all that because of gloves and shoes? At the same time the Queen looked very restrained. She was quite sober in comparison with earlier outings: no tralala, no frills, no glitter. Just a plain simple red dress and beautiful understated jewelry. And now she is lacking "inner class"...

:ermm: :ohmy: :sad:

Yesterday, the Queen gave all precedence to the King, she made sure all spotlights are on him and behaved impeccably. Even her wave was the most royal of all. This is "moulin rouge":

http://www.haagsefotos.nl/html/prin.../content/images/large/Prinsjesdag_2014-69.jpg

:whistling: Jaja... come on!

Maxima's gown is by Valentino? I am actually surprised why she would choose Valentino and not a Dutch designer like the past years. Moreover, this does not look anything like Valentino but it is a nice dress. The color suits her well and the simplicity of the dress and the cut. Her hair styled the way it was is actually very nice on her. Her front lighter highlight looked very nice. I also quite liked how her hat was sitting on her head with that hairstyle, it actually worked well.

Queen Máxima has worn various designers during the years, from Natan (Belgian), to Jan Taminiau (Dutch), to Bénito Fernández (Argentinean), to Valentino (Italian), etc. I think she does not want to be connected to a certain designer and also does not want to restrict herself to Dutch designers. That is her free choice of course. At this very moment I wear Levi's jeans (American), a Smyth & Gibson shirt (British) and Van Lier shoes (Dutch). The Queen has that freedom too.

:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH, another clear Maxxxxx, looking great!
BYe Bine

I think Max looks great - the outfit is very Maxima and only she can pull it off - but those shoes are horrible and a total miss for me.
Maxima has big feet and she has the habit to buy shoes that are too small with her toes hanging over, it cheapens the look so much.

Maxima looks amazing! Excluding the gloves, the look is regal, elegant, and beautiful. That color is especially beautiful.

I think Max looks great - the outfit is very Maxima and only she can pull it off - but those shoes are horrible and a total miss for me.
Maxima has big feet and she has the habit to buy shoes that are too small with her toes hanging over, it cheapens the look so much.

It is revealed the shoes were by Miu Miu. I didn't even know that label designs shoes. Anyway. Tomorrow a new day, new chances.

:lol:

I think she looks fantastic! Very regal and yet original without being too over the top-classic Maxima look!:flowers:

I would be interested to see if this red dress can be recycled by her, and how she might dress it up next time, either as a day dress or an evening do.

I would be interested to see if this red dress can be recycled by her, and how she might dress it up next time, either as a day dress or an evening do.

She can use it as a Winter Evening Dress..... either with belt or with Ruby Peacock Tiara and Jewels....
BYe Bine

This dress would also be good for a formal dinner while on your in the Gulf region or hosting a dinner for a leader from that area as it has long sleeves and a non-décolleté neckline.

This dress would also be good for a formal dinner while on your in the Gulf region or hosting a dinner for a leader from that area as it has long sleeves and a non-décolleté neckline.

That's what I had in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom