Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 3: November 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to part 3 of Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion!

The previous thread can be found here:

** Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2013 - November 2013 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

November 13, 2013 - Maxima in a pastel stripped dress with a wrap around her shoulders and a hat.

The dress works well for me if she only matched it with a jacket instead of the wrap. The wrap would've worked well if she wasn't wearing a hat IMO.

Full view ** Close up

The component pieces with this outfit are as lovely as ever.
However, for me the same thing has happened as it did a few months back: the beautiful wrap has widened Maxima's upper half and she has worn it with a very wide-brimmed hat so I think a taller, less wide hat would have worked better for the silhouette. Still, I can forgive Queen Maxima anything on the basis that she is, well...she is Maxima!

Dont agree with this. The outfit is not flattering at all. It makes her look heavier and hidden. That hat is a little too large for her as well. I know she likes those hats but for this dress she should have worn maybe a smaller hat.

The dress underneath the wrap ;) is a recycled dress by Natan, Máxima has worn it before in Singapore in January - you can have a better view of the dress itself on these old pics:

** January 2013 **

The hat is very pretty IMO, she has worn it in Germany when she was accompanying Queen Beatrix on a state visit. However, it doesn't work with the dress and wrap. I never liked the dress in the first place,
but it looked better in Singapore.

I suppose we can look forward to more recycled outfits from the state visits to Brunei, Singapore, Qatar and Oman.

I love this dress with the cardigan in Jan. The dress got lost under that voluminous wrap and that enormous hat didn't help. Such a shame that such a lovely dress was overpowered by accessories.

Nope, I don't care for this outfit at all. Weird wrap and nothing matches. I guess she having one of those days.

November 13, 2013 - Maxima in a pastel stripped dress with a wrap around her shoulders and a hat.

The dress works well for me if she only matched it with a jacket instead of the wrap. The wrap would've worked well if she wasn't wearing a hat IMO.

Full view ** Close up

The hat and the wrap are lovely but I don't like the dress.

Full view ** Close up

The dress is very nice, the hat is uggly.
I do not know what to think about the wrap.

The dress is very lovely, it's a shame half of it is covered by this huge wrap. Also I think the hat is way too big for a dress like this. It all overshadows the dress.

maxima and the antilles: we surely can expect some colour!
i loved the pastel coloured dress (although preferred it as worn in singapore), and i have always loved that yellow dress. maxima is the only one who can pull these colours!

Very nice though it looks more chartreuse to me. Just don't love the hat

I think Maxima is indeed the only person who can pull these types of dresses off. I'm not a fan of them, but I think they suit her personality. I had a TA last year, who wanted nothing but to look through Maxima's closet. She has a very eccentric style of dress as well, and as with Maxima, it suits her.

Love both outfits so far. She must have brought some serious luggage for all these day and evening events....lucky for us!

Máxima visiting Saba today, November 14, recycling the yellow sunshine dress she has worn before two months ago at the 2013 AFI Global Policy Forum in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** September 2013 **

Perfect dress for the visit. I liked this the first time she wore it as well. The hat is lovely and it suits the overall nicely.

The yellow id a horror but I like the dress previous to that and the shawl and hat not sure about each lovely but not with the whole outfit ...

I really like this dress. I hate the jewelry but it does have a nice Carribean feel to it.

The dress is nice. But the color of the shoes is terrible. I prefer Queen Mathilde's version of the dress. This one is too orange.

I really like this dress as well but that hat just spolis it totally IMO the earrings are bog standard for her ott IMO but she seems to love all that "stuff".

The dress is lovely, summery and perfect for the hot climate of Sint Eustatius. I don't mind her shoes and accessories, but I think the gloves don't go with the outfit, they're more suited for winter weather IMO. I don't mind Maxima's hat, although in some angles it does look a little odd.

I like the colors. Again, this is a dress that only Maxima can pull off.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using The Royals Community mobile app

Absolutely lovely. She reminds me the movie stars, in Cannes, in the 50s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom