Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 16: September 2019 - May 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 16 of the thread for Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 15: February 2019 - August 2019 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

The dress and styling/colour are very lovely on Queen Máxima,however I'm not keen on the overly large flying saucer hat.

i always like Queen Laxima hats but i find this one to much for this visit,the dress however is nice

I love the look. I love Max wears real hats, even these over sized ones. :flowers:

When I read 'saucer hat' before seeing the photo I was expecting one of those horrible potato chip/saucer fascinators some royals wear. Thankfully not.

Even the fabulous heirloom jewelry cannot elevate this dress. the poor fittingin the bustline, typical of this designer, does her no favors. She should get some better bras in the meantime

Not the most flattering dress. Its fit and length makes her look wider than she is. I usually like her hat. Not this one.

Hat is the only thing I like about this look. The pattern is nice but there is something about the cut of the dress that just isnt flattering on her. The jewelry is wasted, gets lost in the look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jump suit is not bad but messy looking hair and horrible overly large plastic earrings.

Her whole look these months are not giving her justice. She badly needs a good hairdresser.

Maxima's jump suit is nice - nothing special, but nice. Her hair seems unkempt as usual, though. It's a shame, because hair really can complete the look sometimes!

I like it as its different all except the short gloves ,perhaps longer ones would have been a better choice?

the hat is by Philip Treacy. A pity that HM didn't stick to Fabienne Delvigne of Brussels. The hat doesn't go with the outfit or with the long hair opr even with the good weather.

The gloves are awful. The dress may be nicer without the cape. Although the craftmanship of the cape is evident, the space between the cape and the buste makes it look odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
the hat is by Philip Treacy. A pity that HM didn't stick to Fabienne Delvigne of Brussels. The hat doesn't go with the outfit or with the long hair opr even with the good weather.
Totally agree! I can imagine it being worn with cocktail dress but not a long gown.

The gloves are awful. The dress may be nicer without the cape. Although the craftmanship of the cape is evident, the space between the cape and the buste makes it look odd.

You said what I was thinking. The only good part of this is the color.

The whole outfit is completely disjointed and I'm not keen on the hat, dress or gloves as individual pieces either. Her hair is also messy looking so it's a big miss for me this year.

The dress is fine except for the odd peek-a-boo cleavage--if the capelet was supposed to render this more daytime appropriate, it failed to do so, highlighting rather than veiling the low cut of the dress. The color is nice, and the gown underneath looks promising.

The hat looks like a decomposing aubergine with a bow tacked on. I suppose it might be better with an updo, and we'll probably get a chance to see that at some point in the future, but today I'm not an admirer.

Overall, not one of Maxima's better Prinsjesdag appearances.

No from me re the cape and hat. Maybe the hair would have better up?

I love the colour of the outfit very much - it's beautiful and vibrant for an Autumn event.

However, I dislike the capelet and handbag, which seem too sparkly for a day-time event - a full-length cape would have been nice or just one sparkling element to it all.

I always find it hard to criticise Queen Maxima's fashion choices - she has such spectacular taste that I tend to trust her judgement most of the time!

The color on her is absolutely divine. Truly drop dead gorgeous but I do feel like a cape would have been even better. The choice of fascinator also seems a bit strange to me. The shape doesn't really go with the vibe of the dress. It's like an elevated baret, not something you'd wear with a gown

Love this outfit - the color is beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom