Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 10: June 2016 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The elegance is completely destroyed by the hair. That this is the Queen of the Netherlands....

I think it is just that Maxima has very thin hair which is sometimes hard to style unless in a very strict sprayed design. Always looks nice when up or pulled back when wind can't destroy.

According to a Dutch Royalty site, the Queen wore that dress before in 2003!

See my post above - I had also noticed that and had added a pic from April 2003 :flowers:

I think it is just that Maxima has very thin hair which is sometimes hard to style unless in a very strict sprayed design. Always looks nice when up or pulled back when wind can't destroy.

Nice choice of dress and accessories IMO. Royal and serious but not either staid or over the top.
I agree about the texture of her hair. But her hair has been thinned and wispy at the ends for a very long time - as if cut that way on purpose. And I've never understood that. I know people who have done the wispy ended style for a while - but not for as long as we have seen it on Max.
I agree that she is completely stunning with her hair loosely pulled up or back

In Dutch media was said that the visit was a complete surprise: no one expected Queen Máxima. Still this does not excuse her for her hair. No matter how nice the outfit: the first impression is face to face and it shows an unkempt, unpolished and undignified Queen. It amazes me that in 16 years at the Court this has not been tackled.

Last edited:
In Dutch media was said that the visit was a complete surprise: no one expected Queen Máxima. Still this does not excuse her for her. No matter how nice the outfit: the first impression is face to face and it shows an unkempt, unpolished and undignified Queen. It amazes me that in 16 years at the Court this has not been tackled.

What do you mean?

Maxima looked lovely and that is one lovely outfit and matched perfectly with the pearls. One thing though is how a lovely put together look is simply ruined with messy hair. A simple ponytail would've made a big difference to her appearance.

What do you mean?

Maxima looked lovely and that is one lovely outfit and matched perfectly with the pearls. One thing though is how a lovely put together look is simply ruined with messy hair. A simple ponytail would've made a big difference to her appearance.

That is what we all mean. The most beautiful outfit from Chanel, drawed by monsieur Karl himself and made from the best materials and the most skilled coupeuses but with such hair can have the same effect. In Dutch there is a verb: no matter giving a monkey a golden ring, it remains an ugly thing... The Queen with exact the same outfit but the hair "up": a woooorld of difference!

Love the look. So elegant and refined.

The hair does not look good but I have seen worse on HM.

I loved the white coat in 2003 and I still like it today. Nice that 14 years (and a few children) later HM still fits in it. One of the better designs of Natan (not Karl) IMHO.

HM has far more eautiful p[earls in the vaults, I never liked this necklace very muchas it looks (and is) so new.

Last edited:
The outfit is wonderful. Maxima looks very chic and elegant for the event. The pearls are not my favourite of her collection, but still nice touch.

Big I agree that she needs to do something with the hair.

Queen Máxima at the opening of the exhibition "Mapping Australia" at the Aboriginal Art Museum in Utrecht today, October 3, recycling an elegant Natan dress with stripes, though I must say I liked it best the way she styled it in November 2015.

** Full view ** December 2015 ** November 2015 **

A lovely look! Love that hat with this dress.

I actually think exactly the opposite: I hate the hat with the dress, but especially with the earrings. They deserved something less casual IMHO.

This hat, this dress, this earrings , totally off!!

Queen Máxima at the opening of the exhibition "Mapping Australia" at the Aboriginal Art Museum in Utrecht today, October 3, recycling an elegant Natan dress with stripes, though I must say I liked it best the way she styled it in November 2015.

** Full view ** December 2015 ** November 2015 **

A lovely look. I like it when a royal dresses like a royal indeed. Hat, gloves, accesoires, bijoux.

I love the hat, maxima always to is the real hats. :)

That said I don't like the hat with this look. She looked far better in the November appearance. Not a massive fan of the dress, and I think the sweater and styling the first time helped. December was the worst outing, her stringy hair and styling just ruined it.

It seems ages (to me anyway) since we saw Maxima in full "regalia" of dress, hat and accessories! The only thing missing is a cape! But I do like this outfit and the deep tones of the colours. I especially like the earrings!!

It seems ages (to me anyway) since we saw Maxima in full "regalia" of dress, hat and accessories! The only thing missing is a cape! But I do like this outfit and the deep tones of the colours. I especially like the earrings!!

Her holidays ended after the Rio Olympics and since then she had the following appearances in "Máxima mode" besides more in "casual" dresscode. It was a slow starter month: no official visits, no state visits.

Yesterday

September 25th

September 20th

September 14th

Last edited:
Today everything matching perfectly! Beautiful appearance!

Maxima looked nice today, that a lovely new outfit and the style suited her nicely.

Beautiful dress. Very sophisticated.

This is the prime example of why I love Max. Even when I am not a huge fan of the dress, her styling saves it for me. Over all I quite like the dress, both the material and style of top. I just don't like the tiered skirt on her.

But I am in love with her hair, the fantastic hat and other accessories. :flowers:

I'm on the fence with Maxima's latest outfit. I think it's elegant and sophisticated, and I even don't mind her hat; but I find the frills on her dress to be a bit much (and they also give it a child-like quality to me).

I love it and I want one! The hat is perfect too.very flattering and fits like a dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom