Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-14-2014, 08:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Morocco Visit 14 July 2014

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-grbu8-Ad8R...7067005ccc.jpg

Anyone knows who designed it?
Whoever it was - I love it! She's dressed for the occasion and she fits right in.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:35 PM
Courtier

Overall a stunning look, although I wish the top part wasn't a "shirt"

Old 07-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

She looks great at the dinner. The skirt needed a plain blouse because of its extensive detail so it all works perfectly. Nice hair do and just the right amount of jewels - her Cartier bangle and wedding earrings

Old 07-14-2014, 09:16 PM
Gentry

Quote:

Both ladies looked beautiful. They have coordinated their evening wear with light colors. I love it!
Old 07-15-2014, 01:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia looked gorgeous at the dinner, her outfit was so appropriate for a dinner in Morocco. The skirt is very beautiful and combined with a simple blouse she looks stunning. She knows how to choose simple clothes which make her shine. Nice to see lovely earrings and that beautiful bracelet once again. Letizia has a great taste on hairdos too.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I think that is very elegant and summery, though I do wish she had a bit more bling on.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:03 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

more pics
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Re..._3_MOROCCO.JPG
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap...706700f78d.jpg
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza...-gtres7--a.jpg
http://us.hola.com/imagenes/realeza/...gtres10--a.jpg

I like the skirt, very nice details, but the white blouse makes the outfit too bland or boring for me. The white blouse would be ok with a more glamorous skirt.
Jewels & hairdo look good.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The skirt is lovely but a shirt? The shirt makes the outfit look underdressed and looks like she is attending a business dinner. Knowing how lavish the Moroccan ladies dress for a dinner, I expected something a bit more lavish from Letizia.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:58 AM
Commoner

The skirt is beautiful but the shirt just seems to drag the whole outfit down even if there had been some slight embellishment on the shirt it might have made it pop a little bit
Old 07-15-2014, 04:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I liked the skirt but thought the business type shirt was a big miss. The outfit was, I thought modest in deference to their hosts. Then I saw the slit up the back and thought no. Just wrong on so many levels.

Letizia is slipping back to mis-matching ensembles and underdressing majorly. Her plain shirt and slim skirt looked positively casual and a little tacky with the slit up the back beside Lalla Selma in a beautifully appropriate caftan, which was perfect for the occasion.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I do not like the shirt, but i think she worn it on purpose, in order not to show her arms/shoulders. Quite wise choice. The skirt is gorgeous.

It is not the first time she wears a shirt with a beautiful long skirt, I rememeber she did it also with a lovely Caprile black and white embroidered skirt, she worn with a watin satin shirt which killed the skirt.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:53 AM
Aristocracy

I think she looks fabulous from head to toe.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
The skirt is lovely but a shirt? The shirt makes the outfit look underdressed and looks like she is attending a business dinner. Knowing how lavish the Moroccan ladies dress for a dinner, I expected something a bit more lavish from Letizia.
The white shirt was a bit of a let down however her hairstyle/jewels all made up for this odd choice.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I do not like the shirt, but i think she worn it on purpose, in order not to show her arms/shoulders. Quite wise choice. The skirt is gorgeous.
But she could've gone for a dress with 3/4 or long sleeves instead of a two pieces outfit or a boat neck silk top would looks much much more better.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm in the minority as I really dislike the skirt and the shirt. The whole out is a miss IMO. She looked out of place in such a grand place. This is her way as Queen, boring and corporate-like.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:39 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

IMO the look maxi skirt & white blouse can work, but both pieces are too casual/bland for the occasion in this case. Its boring and it always looks strange to just tuck the blouse in instead of having a belt/waistband.
example that works imo:
http://www.awomensclub.com/wp-conten...-0-598x835.jpg
Old 07-15-2014, 08:24 AM
Nobility

Oooh.. FAB..
Old 07-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was interested in what the Queen would wear considering she was going to be "competing" with bejeweled caftans. I think she actually got it right, a-la Queen Rania. She was covered but the skirt added just the right amount of bling. And her hair looked lovely.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
This is both a crisp and an elegant look. Perfect posture and a perfect fit makes that blouse have it's own exquisite allure. Next to the hostess, Letizia does look 'unadorned' but I think she struck just the right note. Elegant, true to her own style, yet with the necessary glitz (if not jewels).

I tried to see her with a glittery necklace and couldn't. She got it right, I think.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
This is both a crisp and an elegant look. Perfect posture and a perfect fit makes that blouse have it's own exquisite allure. Next to the hostess, Letizia does look 'unadorned' but I think she struck just the right note. Elegant, true to her own style, yet with the necessary glitz (if not jewels).

I tried to see her with a glittery necklace and couldn't. She got it right, I think.
I agree with you completely. Clothes fit perfectly and the plain silk blouse didn't over take the beautiful skirt. Another top that would have distracted in any way, either by neckline or embellishment, would not have been as correct. This outfit showed off her beautiful slim figure. Hair nice although maybe a platinum large necklace just peaking out under her open blouse would have been nice, but I would have to see first.

Tags
queen letizia, queen letizia eveningwear