Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 4: July 2017 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elegant look with the color, perfect jewelry nad hair and makeup. And she is wearing a ponytail! A very grownup one. Please Ql,teach a class on shoulders back, head up!

She looks fabulous! I love both dresses on her. Just beautiful!

Queen Letizia in the blue dress with the jewels is perfection! I'm just in shock at all the jewels!!! Earrings, bracelets and rings! Not to mention her hair and makeup are devine. Love everything about this!

She looks incredible as she does 99.9% of the time in evening wear. That shade of blue is divine on Letizia!

Another of my quibbles with the dress is that it must be some sort of crinoline under the skirt and it looks stiff and odd when it moves...:ermm:

:previous:
ok got another one: the big ugly zipper across the backside that says VARELA

Queen Letizia looks very stylish,though I agree with you on the neckline and hairstyle.The jewels are a bit mistmatched but do give the look a bit of sparkle.

I'm loving this new asian-inspired white and black dress. The skirt is a little too puffy for my tastes, yet, she carry it off, she seems to feel confident and at ease in it. I also like her hairstyle. She has the most versatile hair styles among royal ladies.

I liked the blue dress much better than this latest black and white one. It looks too fussy and the zipper in the back looks ridiculous. I do like her hairstyle but find the makeup very harsh looking and in the close ups it accentuates every sign of ageing she has.

The first night’s look - dress, hair, make up, accessories - was much more flattering. She looks better in simple, solid coloured clothing, IMO. Her record when she tries to incorporate trends, patterns, etc is a lot more hit and miss.

i can see no fault with that beautiful blue gown - it is lovely. hair and make up were on top form too! a winner look.

less sure about this white and black dress she wore for the ceremony though.

I love the proportion of white to black and love the belt, but the top and bottom of the dress don't match. The high collar and close cut lead one to expect a classic sheath dress that Letizia does so well but, as we have seen from her recent day and eveningwear, Letizia is in love with skirts.

The skirt of the dress looked amazing with the black and white perfectly balanced and beautifully accessorised with black patent court shoes. However, the ghastly, nasty, silver zipper looks like fingernails on a chalkboard sounds!

Then there was the obvious mismatch in the length of the skirt and the petticoats with the two-inch dropoff looking a bit silly when she moved. Great heavens, it isn't hard to get it together. But the designer went the cheap and easy way and instead of providing a petticoat a la 1950's, she wore a crinoline type 1850's thing,

I had two beautiful underskirts when I was young. One was white silk over an abundance of fine, white net and the other was just yards and yards and yards of multi-coloured, edged fine net. Now if I could get my skirt lengths to fit to the ends of the petticoats, so too could that very expensive couturier.

Surprisingly I felt Letizia's earrings were too large and bulky for the dress and the updo need to be higher and smoother to reflect the smooth surfaces of the dress and of course to showcase the statement neckline.

Last edited:
The black and white dress is wonderful. Absolutely stunning.

I love the black and white asian inspired dress. The neckline is lovely and her original hairdo, kind of a twenties look, is very flattering and we are able to appreciate the neckline and earrings. I am not thrilled with the patent leather and the height of the heel on the shoe. The slip is a little off, but that almost makes it fun, you can see how much petticoat is there to get the full skirt effect. Fun to walk under the petticoat with nothing clinging to your legs!

The black & white dress (except for the zipper - boo to that) & the 20s-inspired hair look great. Not a fan of the shoes with it, however. The slip being a few inches shorter than the skirt seems to be the style lately; I have seen it in several lined dresses recently. Not a fan, but then again I also dislike the lace, embellished sleeve, and bow at the neck trends, so fashionista I am not ;)

Fantastic dress. I love the overall style and beautiful print. :flowers:

I am not a huge fan of the collar though. :sad:

But her hair looks gorgeous and makeup. Overall a fantastic second night.?

The only thing I like about this is the color.

I was never a fan of jumpsuits but Letizia looks good tonight,the make up is a little on the heavy side .

I love the coat she was wearing in Geneva! Does anyone know who the designer is?

Tonight's look isn't a great one. The jumpsuit is a pretty colour but Letizia looks washed out in it. It doesn't seem to fit properly at the top. I hate the belt.

Her hair looks nice again but the makeup is hideous. I don't know what look whoever did her makeup was going for but I'm pretty sure obviously caked on and adding at least five years to her face wasn't it.

Queen Letizia at a dinner honouring journalism awards winners in Madrid today, October 26:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 **

Great color. I underhand anyone who thinks this makeup is heavy, but I think it works with the garment. I also understand anyone who hates matching fabric colored belts (I do too), but in this case, I think it works. I think the whole look works, but also hope it does not become a staple. Gosh, she can wear clothes!

Color is sensational on her. Her hair looks stunning. Lovely earrings :flowers:

But I cant stand the pantsuit, very few look nice and this is one. The top is so awkward fitting. Not bad from front, but looks horrid from side.

And usually I never comment on makeup but she sure piled it on :sad:

I like the colour, but that's it. I hate jumpsuits and this one is very ugly with the size zero belt and odd falling top, make up is almost clownishly overdone, good for a dramatic entrance of a hollywood star but not as Queen of Spain, I found the whole appearance too Hollywood anyway with the King cancelling his participation due to Catalonia.

A rare like for a jumpsuit. Color is pretty on Letizia and love the diamonds. Hate the makeup, choose dark eye or dark lip, both is too much to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom