The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-16-2017, 11:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
This is one look I absolutely loved on Infanta Elena. Shawl alone was brilliant along with Spanish inspired gown. She look stunning that evening.

Old 07-16-2017, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

And it looks like both queens Maxima and Mathilde broke protocol so lets give Letizia a break .

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2GPLmzQcdN...yalOrders2.jpg

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/May2006/06043081.jpg

Old 07-29-2017, 04:43 PM
Aristocracy

The last evening dresses of Queen Letizia were really great .. I am happy that she also trust other designers than FV. Her red dress in England has replaced the red dress from the Denmark wedding
Old 07-30-2017, 02:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Do we know who is the designer of the red dress ? Blue is Armani
Old 07-30-2017, 11:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Do we know who is the designer of the red dress ? Blue is Armani
The Red dress is Felipe Varela .. Its not for sure the Blue is Armani, ive read CH says its her dress..
Old 07-30-2017, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
The Red dress is Felipe Varela .. Its not for sure the Blue is Armani, ive read CH says its her dress..
Thanks a lot.
I think she didn't wear recently Caprile. For me je made her best gowns ever. The Danish wedding and her own wedding eve dress were absolutely perfection.

Sent from my D6603 using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-30-2017, 01:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
And it looks like both queens Maxima and Mathilde broke protocol so lets give Letizia a break .

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2GPLmzQcdN...yalOrders2.jpg

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/May2006/06043081.jpg
Here four ladies wearing an Order on naked skin. The difference with Letizia is that they did not fold their Order in a bra.

Picture
Old 07-30-2017, 01:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Thanks a lot.
I think she didn't wear recently Caprile. For me je made her best gowns ever. The Danish wedding and her own wedding eve dress were absolutely perfection.

Sent from my D6603 using The Royals Community mobile app
rumour is that she fell out with caprile a while ago. i believe it stems from the urdangarin affaire: caprile is a good friend of cristina and letizia does not want a connection with cristina any longer.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-30-2017, 02:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Here four ladies wearing an Order on naked skin. The difference with Letizia is that they did not fold their Order in a bra.

Picture
It's not tucked inside her bra. It is attached to inside of her gown.

As established, it's common in Spain to do as Letizia did. So comparing to British women, different country different custom. In Spain it's not correct to wear in bare flesh so they wear it as she did.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:22 PM
Majesty

All Spanish royal ladies, Doña Sofía and Doña María de las Mercedes included, have worn Spanish sashes in contact with skin. Letizia also: picture. I prefer the riband flowing the natural way over the shoulder than tucked away inside the dress.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:39 PM
Royal Highness

Am I wrong to assume that a Royal lady - or her staff - is quite likely to know exactly how to wear sashes in the correct way? Or do we need always to be on high alert for these faux pas?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-30-2017, 03:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
All Spanish royal ladies, Doña Sofía and Doña María de las Mercedes included, have worn Spanish sashes in contact with skin. Letizia also: picture. I prefer the riband flowing the natural way over the shoulder than tucked away inside the dress.
Infanta Elena wore it the same way as Queen Letizia did, tucking it inside the dress:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...e1d0be3f69.jpg
Old 07-31-2017, 01:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Yet the picture you produce is not bare skin. Yes, it touches her chest, but the dress had shoulders to which it is pinned. There is a difference you seem to miss between a bare shoulder and not. The point being, Spanish women traditionally wear it tucked as such when they have bare shoulders.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I hope Queen Letizia will never again tuck and frot the grand cordon of the Order of Elizabeth The Catholic in her bra. That is not too respectful for the dignity of this noble and historic Order.
I don't think there was anything disrespectful or inappopriate about the way the order was attached to her dress. This sort of thing has been done in the past.

As regards protocol in these matters, as Queen, Letizia can pretty much set the protocol!

Quote:
The diadem called "La Buena" simply does not suit Letizia as it beautifully complemented Doña María de las Mercedes or Doña Sofía (the mother respectively the spouse of King Juan Carlos). My advice is to leave it in the cassette. Maybe it will once suit Doña Leonor.

No problem to leave diadems in the cassette. Queen Beatrix never wore the most important jewels of her House. Probably because she did not like these. The Delhi Durbar was only worn by Camilla a few years ago and has disappeared again. It can happen because ladies decide this-or-that bijoux are not suiting them or no longer their taste, as every female poster with a cassette full of bijoux will have experienced.
My own view is that La Buena looks far better on Letizia than I expected it to, on her slight frame. This tiara is an important symbol of the House of Bourbon, and I think it is appropriate for Letizia to wear it at certain key events. She clearly does recognise this, and to me, has fulfilled her duty in wearing it.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Mallorca family dinner

Letizia wearing the same top as at the photoshoot with a miniskirt.

http://www.hola.com/imagenes/moda/ac...falda_1a-a.jpg
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/moda/ac...falda_2a-a.jpg
Old 08-02-2017, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What a horrible outfit,I know she's on holidays but neither part compliment each other .
Old 08-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Nobility

I think the top is too casual for the skirt due to the shiny stripes on the skirt, but otherwise I think it is a cute outfit. I'd wear it.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:11 PM
Courtier

Nothing here works together, skirt is too short for any woman even if your not a queen, the stripe on the side of the skirt with the shiny part does not go with the casual top, the scallops on the top with the yellow....gee how miss matched can she get...way off base here with this outfit.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the combo, especially like the strappy Sandles with the chunk heel.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:49 PM
Majesty

Cute look.

There is nothing excessively short about the skirt. She isn't in a micro mini. If this was an actual event I'd say a bit short for a queen. But this us a private dinner. She is out for dinner with the family. If she wants to wear a paper bag that is her choice.

Tags
queen letizia, queen letizia cocktail dresses, queen letizia eveningwear, queen letizia fashion, queen letizia gala dresses, queen letizia gowns