The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-14-2017, 02:23 AM
Majesty

The second dress was far superior to the first dress. It was more regal, it had more volume and the diadem certainly helped, a much better looking one than the first one which was way too big for Letizia's little head.

Old 07-14-2017, 04:15 AM
Majesty

The blue dress is stunning and regal. She looks outstanding.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:03 AM
Serene Highness

love the design and colour , great look for Queen Letizia
Old 07-14-2017, 07:32 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The blue gown has been identified as Armani
https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e0&oe=59F7DD4C
Old 07-14-2017, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The blue gown has been identified as Armani
https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e0&oe=59F7DD4C
Queen Letizia has a few pieces by Armani,its a welcome change from Felipe Varela.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:14 AM
Nobility

Some sources in Spain are identifying it as an Armani even if the drape of the dress is not the same. It could have been adapted by Armani or it may not be an Armani after all.

As to Varela, I've never understood why he's "dismissed" like he doesn't know what's he's doing. He's an excellent designer and tailor. Letizia's dresses are always impeccably tailored to her measurements and a "one off" when the occasion warrants it and needs it.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Letizia also looked great during the evening of the state visit. She definitely knows how to dress up for a banquet - and I also like how the blue dress complements the colours of her sash.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-14-2017, 10:26 AM
Courtier

Another knock-out look for her!
Old 07-14-2017, 04:41 PM
Aristocracy

I think Q. letizia looked stunning during this state visit. Both Gowns are amazing, and goorgeos.. The red FV is to die for, i hope she will wear it for an official Photo, and for other important banquets. The blue one is also great on her and suits her very well, i cant wait to see it again..
Old 07-14-2017, 05:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The second dress was far superior to the first dress. It was more regal, it had more volume and the diadem certainly helped, a much better looking one than the first one which was way too big for Letizia's little head.
I agree that the tiara from the first night over powers Letizia but I imagine we'll have to get used to it - isn't it one of the more historical pieces in a not especially huge collection? She can't very well never wear it!

I suspect Letizia will have to get used to it, too. I often want to bang my head against a wall when I see what Letizia is wearing but one style mistake I've never seen her make is jewelry that's too much or too big.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:26 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The second evening, Letizia looked amazing! The color on her was great, the style of the dress was lovely and the jewels were spectacular. Lovely styling.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:55 AM
Majesty

I hope Queen Letizia will never again tuck and frot the grand cordon of the Order of Elizabeth The Catholic in her bra. That is not too respectful for the dignity of this noble and historic Order.

The diadem called "La Buena" simply does not suit Letizia as it beautifully complemented Doña María de las Mercedes or Doña Sofía (the mother respectively the spouse of King Juan Carlos). My advice is to leave it in the cassette. Maybe it will once suit Doña Leonor.

No problem to leave diadems in the cassette. Queen Beatrix never wore the most important jewels of her House. Probably because she did not like these. The Delhi Durbar was only worn by Camilla a few years ago and has disappeared again. It can happen because ladies decide this-or-that bijoux are not suiting them or no longer their taste, as every female poster with a cassette full of bijoux will have experienced.

The floral diadem of the second evening needs a good, professional and ultrasone cleaning. They did so for Queen Mathilde's Nine Provinces Diadem and in Denmark it sparkled again in all forgotten splendour. The Prussian diadem is too small, the Mellerio Shell is a damn' difficult to wear piece of supreme craftmanship, La Buena is best ignored by Letizia, the new fleur-de-lys diadem puts the name and fame of Ansorena to deep shame, remains the pearl diadem which will look great on Doña Letizia, I expect. It is not so airy, so birdcage-like as La Buena.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondra View Post
Some sources in Spain are identifying it as an Armani even if the drape of the dress is not the same. It could have been adapted by Armani or it may not be an Armani after all.

As to Varela, I've never understood why he's "dismissed" like he doesn't know what's he's doing. He's an excellent designer and tailor. Letizia's dresses are always impeccably tailored to her measurements and a "one off" when the occasion warrants it and needs it.
True, Varela, every day above the designs of Natan, tailorwise. Varela's works always sit on Doña Letizia as if a coupeuse has personally sewn it on her body.

What I dislike in Varela is the utter predictability and especially his love for ornamental applications on his superior-cut designs. Sometimes less is more, Señor Varela! But one can not complain about his craftmanship.

Maybe Varela could use some of the variety and the colour palette of Natan. In return Natan can take a lesson or two (make it twenty) in perfect tailoring and the choice of right materials.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
True, Varela, every day above the designs of Natan, tailorwise. Varela's works always sit on Doña Letizia as if a coupeuse has personally sewn it on her body.

Maybe Varela could use some of the variety and the colour palette of Natan. In return Natan can take a lesson or two (make it twenty) in perfect tailoring and the choice of right materials.
I don't really understand the problem in perfect tailoring for a Queen. Here you can still purchase an outfit, even if you have to go up and size to correctly shape the bust and have the garment altered perfectly to your own body. Seamstress are employed at all upscale stores and especially small expensive salons. Goodness, if the common person can always have clothes fit properly a Queen should have someone employed for this task if a fashion house won't correctly alter. But, if a "fashion house" won't take the time to properly fit a person.....get rid of them. There are plenty that will.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:

What I dislike in Varela is the utter predictability and especially his love for ornamental applications on his superior-cut designs. Sometimes less is more, Señor Varela! But one can not complain about his craftmanship.

Varela is often critizised to have no imagination of his own but to steal ideas from other designers and have them reworked into his own designs but less well executed.

btw it seems that PUIG (owns Nina Ricci, CH) etc claims that the blue gown is CH but no online proof yet.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I hope Queen Letizia will never again tuck and frot the grand cordon of the Order of Elizabeth The Catholic in her bra. That is not too respectful for the dignity of this noble and historic Order.
I agree it was an odd placement for the grand cordon. However, it was the sash of the Order of Charles III, rather than the Order of Isabella the Catholic.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I agree it was an odd placement for the grand cordon. However, it was the sash of the Order of Charles III, rather than the Order of Isabella the Catholic.
All Spanish royal ladies do it this way. There's nothing odd.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

They do. Infanta Elena is a well known lover of strapless gowns and also wears her shashes this way. There is picture proof from many other ladies, I can look for it later.
https://5www.ecestaticos.com/imagestatic/clipping/b52/7aa/b527aaff5583904d7223f73472cd9caf/viena-alaba-la-elegancia-de-la-infanta-elena.jpg?mtime=1435407317

I don't know if this only aplies in Spain, but the order is never supposed to touch bare skin, so actually leaving the order over bare shoulder would be unprotocolary this case. Obviously not all of them are doing it wrong, there is a reason.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
They do. Infanta Elena is a well known lover of strapless gowns and also wears her shashes this way. There is picture proof from many other ladies, I can look for it later.
https://5www.ecestaticos.com/imagest...ime=1435407317

I don't know if this only aplies in Spain, but the order is never supposed to touch bare skin, so actually leaving the order over bare shoulder would be unprotocolary this case. Obviously not all of them are doing it wrong, there is a reason.
I remember pics of Swedish royal ladies with just a thin strip of fabric over one shoulder for the sash of an order not to be against naked skin.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...0b0705e93a.jpg
Letizia has done it before a few times.

Your link didnt work I reposted it:

Tags
queen letizia, queen letizia cocktail dresses, queen letizia eveningwear, queen letizia fashion, queen letizia gala dresses, queen letizia gowns