Serene Highness

A really bad choice
BYe Bine

Old 11-23-2017, 10:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looks ridiculous.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:29 PM
Serene Highness

Embarrassing for everyone involved in the event, Letizia especially, whether she has the sense to realize it or not.

You have to wonder what Felipe thinks. Does he get how inappropriate she looks or does he somehow think it’s ok that it’s very possible guests who were seated at the surrounding tables now know what kind of underwear his wife prefers?
Old 11-23-2017, 09:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
OMG, that is not how a queen of any country dresses, period. She looks awful and t*ashy. What the heck was she thinking, who is she trying to impress with that dress.....way to short and skimpy and to much like a Hollywood starlet just starting out ........
This is exactly what I was thinking, except I was leaning more towards cheap Hollywood trophy wife.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:29 PM

Totally unacceptable for a Queen (yes Letizia you are The QUEEN of spain) and no a good look for a 46 year old woman
Old 11-23-2017, 09:41 PM
Majesty

I like the dress although I think it needs one more layer.

I think she actually looks good in the dress.

Is it suitable for an official royal event - no

Is it suitable for a night out on the town with Felipe - oh yes!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-24-2017, 08:12 PM
Gentry

According to Hola!, this particular dress by Teresa Helbig has already been worn by a 12-year-old spanish actress called Ivana Baquero in a red carpet event in 2006.

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...-baquero-moda/
Old 11-25-2017, 04:28 AM
Majesty

rather shocking dress for the queen of spain i am not really sure what she was thinking...

apparently this dress was in her wardrobe for a long time (it was produced a long time ago), so she clearly had reservations for using it. maybe those reservations were actually well founded and she should have gone with her first instinct.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-25-2017, 04:31 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
rather shocking dress for the queen of spain i am not really sure what she was thinking...

apparently this dress was in her wardrobe for a long time (it was produced a long time ago), so she clearly had reservations for using it. maybe those reservations were actually well founded and she should have gone with her first instinct.
It's also possible that her stylist recently found the dress from a vintage store (I'm not sure what it's usually called). Letizia has worn other mini-length dresses before so I don't think that would be a reason for her to avoid the dress she bought herself for over 10 years.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I wonder but what makes a grown woman, let alone the Queen of Spain, wearing a baby doll dress at a serious journalism award that would look good for a night out with a sugar daddy or a motto fun party, with super fake eyelashes and body glitter. I can't help thinking that somebody is really insecure about getting old, that will be interesting to watch with two beautiful daughters at home who will be rocking Spain in a few years.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:16 AM
Courtier

I am in total agreement here with you about Queen Letizia and I have often wondered about a few royal ladies and the fact that they seem so insecure to me for they have changed over time in a huge way and dressing is the first thing a person sees about them when viewing them in real life or in the media or anywhere. Clothes do make a first impression all the time!
Old 11-25-2017, 11:30 AM
Majesty

F

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
I am in total agreement here with you about Queen Letizia and I have often wondered about a few royal ladies and the fact that they seem so insecure to me for they have changed over time in a huge way and dressing is the first thing a person sees about them when viewing them in real life or in the media or anywhere. Clothes do make a first impression all the time!
Whilst I completely agree that with to!e, we all evolve and mature, I would not read too much into this "incident". This was a fashion faux Pas, and little else, IMO! We have all made sartorial misjudgement s, and L is no different. That she gets it right more than not is good enough for me.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:42 AM
Nobility

I really don’t like this dress. It does look a bit young. Too many ruffles.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:10 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

To be honest, I thought she looked great but on the other hand, it was inappropriate for The Queen of Spain.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:20 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Letizia wears a new dress of Delpozo. I love it
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQOhQhNWsAA-awG.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQOhQhZWkAAsDWx.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQOgMuvWkAERaJz.jpg
Old 12-04-2017, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queen Letizia looks wonderful,dress makes her look so slender and another knockout hairstyle.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:59 PM
Commoner

she do look pretty tonight her hair and make up is amazing the dress too my issue is the big detail on the shoulder i don't like it
Old 12-04-2017, 05:02 PM
Majesty

Queen Letizia she is perfect tonight!!
Old 12-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Majesty

The dress is wonderful.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Very glamorous. I'm glad to see her wearing Delpozo, their stuff is very good.

The rose detail is very distracting, but as she keeps the rest simple, I think it's working very nicely.

Tags
queen letizia, queen letizia cocktail dresses, queen letizia eveningwear, queen letizia fashion, queen letizia gala dresses, queen letizia gowns