The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-15-2017, 12:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
She had bracelets... and those are hard not to notice.
http://www.semana.es/elarmariodeletizia/files/39-2.jpg
I did not see the bracelets in first instance. But hey... she is the spouse of His Majesty The King of Spain, what do we expect then? All by all she was by no means over the top and tastefully dressed. :)

Old 11-15-2017, 02:55 PM
Serene Highness

As jump suits go I don’t hate this one, mainly because the black helps hide the fact it’s a jump suit I guess.

I wouldn’t describe this look as elegant or especially flattering. I do very much like her hair styled like this, though.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by carina_a View Post
I like the Manilla shawl skirt, very beautiful design. But in the video it looked a bit difficult to walk in.

The black top is a big NO NO for me.
totally agree - the Caprile skirt is so exquisite, beautiful, I recall that the top is by Varela. I found it a mismatch back then and I don't think it looked nice this time. Too much skin for a conservative state dinner for my taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
A pantsuit at the event with the president, Letizia has so many more appropriate outfits at her closet. And I think these gorgeous jewels are a little too important to be worn with a pantsuit.
agree 100%!! As much as I like the fact that Letizia found the key to the jewel box again, the passing jewels should be special and not be worn with every other outfit.
This outfit is a repeat, far too much skin/disco look for my taste. The top looks like night wear.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Queen Letizia at the 'Francisco Cerecedo' Journalism Award in Madrid this evening, November 22, wearing a short white dress. Although she can wear it it looks more suited for a summer day at the beach or a private summer night out in town.

** Full view ** Upper part ** With a black cape **
Old 11-22-2017, 04:50 PM
Majesty

Oh !! My!!! :
Old 11-22-2017, 05:33 PM
Majesty

a horrible look
http://www.semana.es/wp-content/uplo...7/11/2-104.jpg
https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img...ws-1137920.jpg
Old 11-22-2017, 06:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Don't call her dull! Wowsers. That's a bit of a costume. Thoroughly Modern Millie vintage.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:59 PM
Gentry

This qualifies as 'too short' right? By royal standards, not normal people

Anyway, the design itself suits young girls aged under 20 in a casual setting imo, like a party or a nightclub. I wouldn't want to see it on any other royal ladies, other than Alexandra of Hanover maybe...
Old 11-22-2017, 08:26 PM
Courtier

OMG, that is not how a queen of any country dresses, period. She looks awful and t*ashy. What the heck was she thinking, who is she trying to impress with that dress.....way to short and skimpy and to much like a Hollywood starlet just starting out ........
Old 11-22-2017, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Seriously what a disgrace,Letizia simply hasn't a clue

Felipe bring your mother in future!

One of her worst ever looks ,if it were a show girls theme I'd be sympathetic.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:07 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Really really bad - the dress needed about 2/3 more tiers to it. But frankly it would still not be that nice. Thats a massive miss from Letizia who has been on point recently

Old 11-22-2017, 09:54 PM
Majesty

It's a nice dress but too short. Especially for her position.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Letizia at the 'Francisco Cerecedo' Journalism Award in Madrid this evening, November 22, wearing a short white dress. Although she can wear it it looks more suited for a summer day at the beach or a private summer night out in town.

** Full view ** Upper part ** With a black cape **
Oh, that is so wrong on so many levels. Looks like she raided some teenagers closest. A woman Letizia's age should not be wearing that type of dress, especially a high-profile person during an official event.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh no terrible choice by the queen.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:03 PM
Majesty

I usually love her style but this is awful. Too short, and just bad
Old 11-23-2017, 01:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Not suitable, neither for a queen, nor for a 45 years old woman. Suitable for a young teen in a beach party, or a cabaret working woman or a Carnaval costume. A total miss.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:33 AM
Aristocracy

I think the dress fits into nightwear category much more than an evening dress. Its not what a queen should be wearing!
Old 11-23-2017, 01:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I guess she wanted to look hot, like a hollywood starlet. Totally inappropriate since the event is quite serious and not fun. And she's 45, not 25. For her position she looks ridiculous.

With an extra layer to knee length it still would have looked ridiculous but maybe not as inappropriate.
Old 11-23-2017, 02:03 AM
Majesty

Well she definitely missed on the 'Hollywood Starlet' but landed square on the 'Mutton dressed as Lamb'. Did she raid her eldest daughter's wardrobe? Now she would have looked cute in it.

However, cute is definitely not a description one would expect to apply to a Queen under any circumstances. I do not have any idea what she was thinking but she certainly was not thinking of her position as Queen of Spain when she dressed as a parody.
Old 11-23-2017, 02:21 AM
Serene Highness

I like the dress and think it would be great for the Duchess of Brabant to wear for her sweet sixteen party. For a 45-year-old queen attending an official engagement it’s a big NO.

Tags
queen letizia, queen letizia cocktail dresses, queen letizia eveningwear, queen letizia fashion, queen letizia gala dresses, queen letizia gowns