Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 2: April 2015 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 2 of the thread for Queen Letizia's Evening Wear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Letizia's Eveningwear Part 1: June 2014 - April 2015 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

While the hairstyle looks smart and up-to-the-minute in repose, I felt it didn't work too well when she moved, and it required head-tossings and pushing back with a hand to keep it off her face.

While she looks great I think it's more model than princess

I give her credit for trying something new and her hair certainly looks healthy and even less fine and stringy with this style, just don't know yet if it will work well with more formal "state royal" functions. Of course they are few and far between so the everyday look is certainly more important to her citizens while she is preforming her daily duties. Still looks clean and neat.

I love the new haircut. I have been hoping she would do something like this for a while. Now if a couple of other royals would do something similar! Max and Kate, I am talking to you.

I give her credit for trying something new and her hair certainly looks healthy and even less fine and stringy with this style, just don't know yet if it will work well with more formal "state royal" functions. Of course they are few and far between so the everyday look is certainly more important to her citizens while she is preforming her daily duties. Still looks clean and neat.

I like it! She can change it for more formal functions...maybe curls? Who knows, it's just nice to see it done differently.

Also like the dress, but with her build it's not flattering:flowers:

Maybe it will grow on me, but so far I'm not liking the hairstyle. The cut is too blunt or something.

While the dress is nice, I don't think it's one of Letizia's best looks.

At first I didn't like Letizia's new bob, I preferred her fake bob. But now it's growing on me and I think it suits her a lot. I will miss her longer hair when it was in a bun though!

Regarding the dress, I think it's nice and elegant but it seems like a bit of a "sparkle overload" to me.

As usually ... Queen Letizia tried hard, but failed to look adequate.

Last edited:
The strapless dress was spoilt by Queen Letizia's ungraceful decollete, arms and hands. An ugly costume bracelet and earrings further aggravated the budget jumpsuit.
Effortlessly elegant European Queen/Crown Princess/Princess is a rarity nowadays.

Last edited:
Queen Letizia attends the Delivery of 'Awards Woman' by Grupo Zeta

New dress & new haircut
http://www.semana.es/wp-content/blog...ia6.jpg?561401
http://www.semana.es/wp-content/uplo...da1.jpg?561401
While the hairstyle looks smart and up-to-the-minute in repose, I felt it didn't work too well when she moved, and it required head-tossings and pushing back with a hand to keep it off her face.
I love the "idea" of the LBD with it's beaded lace but think it did no favours for Queen Letizia. I don't think strapless gowns flatter her at all.

As to the jumpsuit with it's wide shiny belt and shiny sandals, well it made me think of Jane Jetson waiting for an astral car pickup.

I also love the "idea" of her new hairstyle, but the reality is that it is that while she has very thick hair, it is very fine and, with the slightest of movements, let alone wind, it's all over the place, or should I have said face, so . . . industrial strength hairspray, pretty please.

Last edited:
Terrible jumpsuit, looks like a costume. All very hard edged looking with the wide belt, zipper and gladiator shoes

Her hair is perfect, it really suits her!

The first time she wore the jumpsuit, I liked it. Now, I don't, I know she is a modern young Queen but I think a jumpsuit is really pushing it. It's so not elegant. A plain chiffon or jersey dress would've looked so much better.

Queen Letizia seems to be pushing the boundaries a little with the jumpsuit - I don't mind it per se. The colour with the gold belt is rather striking (but then for those who remember, Wonder Woman's aquanaught/motorcycle costume was striking), but maybe it is better suited for a private event such as a cocktail party or something.

I like her new hairstyle, suits her well but prefer it long.

Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 2: April 2015 -

Very bad. Awful jumpsuit ugly accessories. Her hair are nice thought.
Dressed like a young "screen" local celebrity in dance party.
Failed.
She should take lessons from Q Mathilde, Q Maxima or CP Mary. How to appear regal and not a top model.

Last edited:
I honestly think that jumpsuit suits her much more than her bare arms outfit. I'm starting ti getting used to her haircut.

I love the colour of the jumpsuit and her hair, but that's it really. I don't think her outfits are unprofessional, though they are different compared to what the other Queens are wearing (the older Queens will naturally have a different style from the younger Queens though). However, I do agree with those who have said that the jumpsuit wasn't that appropriate for the event.

What can I say of a queen in a jumpsuit ...Victoria Eugenia must be rolling around the vaults of the El Escorial ;)

I love the colour of the jumpsuit and her hair, but that's it really. I don't think her outfits are unprofessional, though they are different compared to what the other Queens are wearing (the older Queens will naturally have a different style from the younger Queens though). However, I do agree with those who have said that the jumpsuit wasn't that appropriate for the event.

I hate the jumpsuit and jumpsuits in general, this one looks every inch the 49.90 Euro it is supposed to have cost, although I find it less inappropriate at this event than last time, when Letizia wore this outfit to open a religious exhibition :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom