Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 3: July 2016 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the entire look! Glad that she kept the dress simple.

The First Lady looks amazing too.

Letitia is wearing the Argentina's Order of the Liberator General San Martín. Some sashes have slimmer versions for women - this one doesn't. So she didn't have a choice.

Dont like the black. Deep red or blue would have been beautiful. But she looks v elegant

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect choice to show off the jewels and not overwhelm her small figure. The First Lady needed a necklace

Black is not for widows or mourners only. The fashion industry has made a fortune off the 'little black dress' and that isn't a line of funeral clothes. Black is considered a chic even regent evening color.

The dress is simple but regal. :flowers:

Yes she has more wow gowns, but tonight was obviously about showing off the jewels. A gown like the First Lady may have been more glamorous, but the effect if the jewels would be lost. The point was to let them shine and they did.

As for the tiara all I can say is wow. Shocked to see it but she is stunning in it. She can pull off a big gun tiara. Love the bracelets as well.

:previous:am not a fan of black myself but what color would go with that giant baby blue sash?

Wow! The tiara is beautiful and Letizia wore it very nicely. I know the dress had to stay simple and plain because of the tiara but the dress was just too boring IMO, it was plain. Maybe if it had a fuller skirt. The sash was way too big, she looked lost wearing it.

Well I don't think Letizia has any control on the size of the sash. That one you have to give her a pass on.

Letizia needed a necklace. Would have pulled it all together with a pop! :flowers: She looks lovely, though. Very sleek.

I agree with those commenting on the First Lady's gown. Delicious. :flowers:

Letitia is wearing the Argentina's Order of the Liberator General San Martín. Some sashes have slimmer versions for women - this one doesn't. So she didn't have a choice.

Dont like the black. Deep red or blue would have been beautiful. But she looks v elegant

Thanks for the reply on the sash. Wasn't sure if there was a choice:flowers:

I love the tiara and although I am not fan of her black dress , may be the choice is because of this sash so big! Now the dress of Juliana is to die for! I wish she would have put something on her her! a broche of diamonds, perhaps?

The tiara is magnificent, a piece of art, nevertheless too big for Letizia's head. It should be perfect for Maxima. Dress is blah.
Juliana's dress is perfect.

FRankly, one turned up in her negligee and the other cooked the meal.

What were they thinking?

When Letizia gets it wrong she goes hell for leather and tonights 'apron' is one of her worst,her lovely hair and earrings can't redeem it.

I thought the Queen looked great- cute dress, sassy.

Oh dear, did they agree on a dress code? Both outfits are horrible, Letizia's dress is awful from top to bottom, is it supposed to be a reminder that Inaki has to go to prison?

When Letizia gets it wrong she goes hell for leather and tonights 'apron' is one of her worst,her lovely hair and earrings can't redeem it.

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh well! She had a great showing in the tiara at least!

I don't dislike the dress by itself (not loving it either), but it's IMO a bad choice for today's event. It looks like something you wear to a summer party.

What a let down after yesterday! Well, she cannot be permanently in full queen mood ;)

Oh dear, did they agree on a dress code? Both outfits are horrible, Letizia's dress is awful from top to bottom, is it supposed to be a reminder that Inaki has to go to prison?

I was thinking the same. ??

The cut of the dress is rather stylish but the colors scream prison sentence!

letizia looks like she has escaped from a jail in that dress. not sure what she was thinking. the first lady didn't look much better herself with that dress (and hairdo and make up) which looked unelegant and inappropriate, in my opinion, for a state visit. it is something i would expect to see on a hollywood celebrity rather than on the president's wife. she needs a stylist to tell her what is appropriate in a situation like this.

Last edited:
I don't dislike the dress but I don't love it either. I think it would be perfect for a night out, but for a event like this it seems wrong. The First Lady also choose wrong, it looks like a "sleeping dress" (my mom owns one of those, to sleep...), and her hair and make up are so celebrity and not First Lady material.

Well, when Letizia face plants she does a damned good job . . . sequins no less! As a poster on a another forum said of the First Lady and Queen Letizia, "Negligee and Nightclub".

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LKyIGssO...78KC8e-JKWrmMgJACLcB/s595/Queen-Letizia-4.jpg
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UG7TDtvJ...rdM3EcIe2lawfrVwCLcB/s595/Queen-Letizia-6.jpg

From the sublime to the ridiculous!

I don't think Letizia's dress is that bad. I'm not a fan of the pattern or the colors. Other than that Letizia looked pretty.

I love the style if the dress. I find it moden and stylish.

But I hate vertical strikes on anyone. And the black and white look like a prison costume. And don't get me started on the horrid leather.

Now if this dress was say in a deep Crimson, in other fabric like chiffon, it would be a hundred times better. Especially with a lovely bracelet on her bare arms.

Bad night for both ladies. The first lady looked like she was ready for bed including her heir. Her dress looks like the sheer give you wear over lingeray, sheer enough you can see the outline of what us beneath. Not good at all.

the more i look at this dress, the more i think there's something wrong with it - particularly with the length. it seems to me that it should be a tad shorter, or a tad longer.

:ROFLMAO: Horrible choice for both ladies!

Letizia looked beautiful at the gala a couple of nights ago, and it was a nice surprise to see her wearing a tiara. She can even be excused from those peeptoe shoes just because I love her dress that much.

Last night, however, is a different story... I feel like this outfit it more suited for a night out with friends or an evening at the club rather than an official dinner. It's too girlish and "clingy", making Letizia look rather strange next to the others (IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom