Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 8: November 2016 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 8 of the thread for Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 7: June 2016 - November 2016 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I know tha many posters didn't like this dress the first tiem round,especially because of its back, which looked a bit cheap, but I actually find this dress not bad.

Personally i like this dress very much and Queen is very elegant with that!

Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 8: November 2016 -

I like this dress. Classy and elegant. It fits perfectly. Beautiful shade of blue. There are nice details on the dress that make it interesting.

very blah dress in my opinion and far from memorable.

Never been a fan of this dress but she looks good in it.

For such an event, the State Opening of the new legislature of the Cortes, with all the ceremonial around, the Queen is underdressed in my humble and personal opinion. She is not an assistant or a clerk, she is the Queen of glorious Spain. Show it!

She still looks very classy and beautifully turned out. I love the colour.

For such an event, the State Opening of the new legislature of the Cortes, with all the ceremonial around, the Queen is underdressed in my humble and personal opinion. She is not an assistant or a clerk, she is the Queen of glorious Spain. Show it!

She looks about as dressed up as the King imo.

She looks about as dressed up as the King imo.

Unlike his spouse, the King has extremely limited options, of course. With her eternal predictable and dull skin-tight dresses of an eternal similar model the Queen of one of the grandest monarchies in the world manages to fade away in a crowd and to be outshadowed by any First Lady. This would never happen to a Mary, to a Victoria or to a Máxima. Come on Letizia... do not look like a rabbit caught in headlights, show some theatre, you are La Reina de España, for God's sake. Wear a pearl collier. Spice it up with a brooch. Use some ladylike accessoires. Do we need to spell it out for her?

Last edited:
Its ok but it look the exact same as last time,no accessories like a brooch or bracelet ,she has little imagination on that front.

No you don't. Because not all events call for hats, pearls and gloves. Maxima is the closest to wearing it all the time. The other Ladies you mentioned don't dress any different than Letizia. I have rarely seen any of them in a proper hat or full pearls for a day event. :ermm:

The queen looks lovely. The dress has great detail. Her hair is beautiful. Though I love hats, the Spanish ladies don't tend to wear them, even Sofia. :flowers:

Unlike his spouse, the King has extremely limited options, of course. With her eternal predictable and dull skin-tight dresses of an eternal similar model the Queen of one of the grandest monarchies in the world manages to fade away in a crowd and to be outshadowed by any First Lady. This would never happen to a Mary, to a Victoria or to a Máxima. Come on Letizia... do not look like a rabbit caught in headlights, show some theatre, you are La Reina de España, for God's sake. Wear a pearl collier. Spice it up with a brooch. Use some ladylike accessoires. Do we need to spell it out for her?

you cannot compare them to each other. Each monarchy has their own way of doing things. Spain has to operate a certain way. Letizia doesn't do brooches. We already know that. It's the way she's always been. She likes her "uniform'. Fine if you find it boring, but she's been like this for 12 years. She's not changing any time soon.

The green dress is beautiful.

I dont see anything wrong with Letitia's outfit or that she is underdressed. This is an appropriate outfit for such an event. If she had worn a hat, then it would be a look that any other royal would wear but she doesn't and we should respect that. As for the jewels, yes I agree she should've worn a brooch and a bracelet.

A very good look imo. The simple black top is well-balanced with the skirt!

Very beautiful! And nice compination!!

Love the skirt. The simple top complements it well.

I've said before I am NOT big on monochromatic looks in general but this is a good look for her: the belt gives it some shape and the overall proportions are nice for her figure. Very professional.

you cannot compare them to each other. Each monarchy has their own way of doing things. Spain has to operate a certain way. Letizia doesn't do brooches. We already know that. It's the way she's always been. She likes her "uniform'. Fine if you find it boring, but she's been like this for 12 years. She's not changing any time soon.

I agree GomdNatt. Spain has a very different requirement for its public events that has been in place for decades now. IMO Letizia was appropriately dressed for the event.

A nice look on Queen Letizia today at the Zarzuela Palace to finish the week.

Overall, I think Letizia's latest look is simple and professional. The skirt isn't to my personal taste, but in this instance, I feel like it finishes off the simple feel of this look.

She looks lovely and elegant.

Looks fantastic. The skirt is great and the basic black top a perfect match:flowers:

what a great outfit! that skirt is fabulous. i love everything about it: the design, the colours, the fit, the length. it's perfection. royals cannot go wrong in hugo boss and on letizia it is a match made in heaven. it suits her 'executive' style whilst adding a twist to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom