Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 8: November 2016 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very classy outfit, I agree it would be even better when adding some jewellery! Not a fan on the snakeskin combo though.

I wouldn't have picked green as a suitable color for her but this is a nice subtle shade. The snakeskin heels give it a little edge and save it from being boring.:flowers:

WOW, that is what I call a dramatic Combination! Very nice and flattering!
Does she have new earrings? Hard to tell from the pics....
Bye Bine

So much beautiful and elegant!!

Beautiful dress and cape and she looks lovely in them. Love the earrings but a necklace or pin is needed.

Perfection!
The outfit was a lovely surprise, it was a great design and a lovely color for her. The hairstyle was spot on with the outfit.

I am not a fan of the caped look, but she does look very elegant. The hair, shoes, & earrings are spot on. Agree that a nice necklace or brooch would complete the look beautifully.

I really like this dress. Something that is befitting for a Queen. A little too simple, a brooch would have completed the look.

This looks fantastic. It is a color not many women can wear, and in fact, if I saw a swatch of that color fabric I would run far away. But here, on her, on this outfit, it looks good. Love the earrings too. But with that sleeve length I woudl have liked to see a few bracelets or bangles!

She wears the interesting green well. Great hair and earrings but some more jewelry would be a nice addition, I agree. Love the fit.

El Pais style page identifies the dress as Juanjo Oliva (maybe bespoke?).
Letizia, una reina con capa | Estilo | EL PAÍS
https://translate.google.com/transl...ilo/1486399309_571641.html&edit-text=&act=url

I'm so glad, he's ne of my favourite Spanish designers and I've waited for years for Letizia to wear one of his dresses. I hope they'll keep coming ;) :cool:

Her outfit certainly made news, everyone loves it ;) Shows some people really have an eye for design and fabrics. Varela for example has good designes, but the realization is mediocre imo.

Letizua once again proves why she us my favorite royal for fashion :flowers: I love Maxima when she gets it right, and Mary and Mathilde are great, but Letizia almost always takes the prize.

I love this look. The dress is gorgeous and I love the cape. The color is lovely:flowers:

As always her hair is flawless. And I love her earrings.

She looks fantastic. Very beautiful outfit.

Last edited by a moderator:
something about today's outfit really works for me. i don't know if it is the make up, the hair, the lovely bordeaux colour of the ensemble... letizia looks good today.

Never have been a fan of her red leather dress and I'm still not,its been a good style week so I'll over look it :D

Never have been a fan of her red leather dress and I'm still not,its been a good style week so I'll over look it :D

With the jacket covering it the dress doesn't look quite so leathery, if that's a word:flowers: I like her hair today.

El Pais style page identifies the dress as Juanjo Oliva (maybe bespoke?).
Letizia, una reina con capa | Estilo | EL PAÍS
https://translate.google.com/transl...ilo/1486399309_571641.html&edit-text=&act=url

I'm so glad, he's ne of my favourite Spanish designers and I've waited for years for Letizia to wear one of his dresses. I hope they'll keep coming ;) :cool:

juanjo oliva has denied making this green dress.

the link below in fact mentions that the person who made this dress for letizia wants to remain anonymous, so we may never know who made it.

http://www.lecturas.com/blogs/mariangel-alcazar/misterio-del-vestido-capa-reina-letizia_24761

Last edited:
Usually hate leather but I actually like this look. I think it's the coat, changes the look. If I was told it was leather would never know,

I love the color. And the chic blazer over it. Her hair is great. Not her best look this week but not saying much as she had had an amazing week.

Last edited:
A very "boss" like look for her: professional and serious but also sophisticated. She's really had a banner week fashion wise IMHO!:flowers:

juanjo oliva has denied making this green dress.

the link below in fact mentions that the person who made this dress for letizia wants to remain anonymous, so we may never know who made it.

El misterio del vestido capa de la reina Letizia

Seriously? Why would like a designer to remain anonymous after dressing the queen of Spain? You can be the greatest monarchist and think for real it's such an honour and so, but is that more important than publicity and your bussiness?

I find this story very hard to believe, more like fashion journos trying to hide their uncapacity to identify the brand... But it's *true* that any designer would have claimed the dress as his. It's really odd...

Maybe she bought a dress of a republican designer and he doesnt want to reveal himself. But the green combo doesn't look 'off the rack' for me but custom made.

I doubt any of those blogs and journalists would have not identify the dress by now if it was a "catalogue" dress, unknown as the designer may be...

And I state the same for a republican designer: does it really matter more than his firm? :innocent:

With any other dress from Leti we could almost understand, but this dress has really made it, every fashion magazine in Spain published it with praise. It even made it into USA's Vogue: http://www.vogue.com/article/queen-letizia-of-spain-cape-dress-celebrity-style

Which Spanish designer wouldn't wish to see his name of that of his brand in USA's Vogue? It's kinda crazy...

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks this dress is not so special? Nonetheless, Letizia looked effortlessly chic...

Don't get me wrong. It was a nice, elegant dress, and Letizia looked very good in it, but I don' t see the big deal, that's all.:flowers:

Absolutely! I mean, I am no fashionista - my wardrobe is mainly from Talbots, Ann Taylor, and Target - so I figured I just didn't "get" it. She looks wonderful, & I would love the dress without the cape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom