Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 7: June 2016 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a nice colour but sadly Letizia manages to make her outfits look like they are still on a mannequin,she seems to have no imagination where jewelry is concerned and her outfits are more or less boring .

There is usually "something" missing with her outfits to make whatever she is wearing look complete and finished. And so often she is either overdressed or underdressed for the occasion.

Nice top and pretty bag. Business as usual:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks a bit mismatched,like she just threw on the nearest thing she could find in her closet.The cape jacket looks far too large on Letizia's very slender frame.

The coat gives the affect of someone with a bump to hide. I know she isn't, but such a large formless coat on her tiny frame, gives the sense. I am usually a fan of hers but this isn't a good look. :ermm:

Pretty earrings, but that's about it.

I don't like the shapeless coat but I love the shoes.

I like the colours of Letizia's latest outfit, but the coat appears to be a little baggy. It's a shame, because that's such a nice and soft shade of pink.

I understand that her coat is a boxy style and it should look slightly large but this is way too large for her. The overall look is lovely and very well matched, those pumps are great with this look.

Great hair but I'm afraid the rest of her outfit was a big no,not a great style week so far this one!

Letizia has disappointed me lately. Hair is great, makeup is too much and I hate the pants. Not a fan of many of her trouser looks but this one is right up there:ermm:

i am not a fan of this either. if the trousers were in another colour like blue or maroon, it would be a good look but like this, she looks like she will be mistaken by the red cross logo in her background rather than acknowledged as the queen presiding the donations table.

I can't understand what Letizia was thinking when she chose this outfit to today's events. It is totally unsuitable to the queen of Spain to wear at those events. And she has too much make up. And I don't like curly hair on her at all. A simple business look would have been good at these events, especially when she attended at a round table on childhood's social vulnerability.

I agree. The look itself is very nice imo, amd Letizia usually looks wonderful in red. I like the hair and also her lipstick, but... the problem is the event. It should have been low profile, less eye-catching...

I give up. This kind of matter comes up very often with Letizia. A pity.

Common sense is out the door with Letizia,she wears what she wants but I think perhaps a new stylist might be in order as she looked silly today.

I think she need immediately a new stylist!!

These red pants have a nice cut but the colour.... Complètely miss.
And the make up clowninsh.
And she had a mania to wear this length of pants. Completely unsuitable for height and stature. Could be OK for ladies with the height of the Duchess of Cambridge.
I love the shoes though

The colours of this outfit are great and obviously work for the event that Letizia was attending. But the outfit would have been better with slim-fitting trousers. Letizia is petite and great wide trousers seem overwhelming on her.

I love the top but the pants are awful.

Common sense is out the door with Letizia,she wears what she wants but I think perhaps a new stylist might be in order as she looked silly today.

yes, that's potentially the problem. her stylist comes from a background in fashion and perhaps this is the product of that background. :ermm:
at times she gets it right, but as of late her outfits have been a strange mix of inappropriate and appropriate ones. perhaps someone who knows protocol AND fashion can help her better.

I can't understand what Letizia was thinking when she chose this outfit to today's events. It is totally unsuitable to the queen of Spain to wear at those events. And she has too much make up. And I don't like curly hair on her at all. A simple business look would have been good at these events, especially when she attended at a round table on childhood's social vulnerability.

It's almost as if she doesn't respect the position she is in. So many times I shake my head and wonder, like you pointed out, what is she thinking?

It's almost as if she doesn't respect the position she is in. So many times I shake my head and wonder, like you pointed out, what is she thinking?

I think it's incredibly rude to suggest such a thing. Yes, her fashion sense at times is questionable, but she's not showing her stomach. fashion is incredibly subjective. There are plenty out there who think this is fine, particularly for the event. And there are others who agree. But to suggest she doesn't respect her position? Because of bad fashion? It's rude and it's ignoring the work she does.

Letizia has a history of appearing at events in clothes that might make people think that she doesn't respect her position, I think there is even a thread for this topic. All these military events come to my mind where she looked like a housewife about to do the grocery shopping with Felipe standing in uniform next to her.

To be fair, most of these events took place while Letizia still was PoA, but the subject of lack of respect and unsuitable outfits (short flimsy skirts, platform shoes etc) has been attached to Letizia for a long time.

A great recycled look of blouse and flower skirt by Varela for Queen Letizia at a meeting with the international board of the ‘Friends of the Prado museum foundation’ in Madrid today, October 6:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Close up ** July 2015 ** ppe **

A repeat but a far more professional looking than her recent wardrobe offerings which were quite poor.

Yes, indeed. This look is sober but lovely and would have been far more suitable for "La Banderita" event held yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom