Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2014 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Doña Letizia keeps it like this, she will be outstaged by Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Margrethe II, Queen Silvia, Queen Sonja, Queen Mathilde and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa who do observe the dresscode for formal events. And without doubt the future Queen Victoria, Queen Mary, Queen Mette-Marit and Queen Camilla will observe the same dresscode.

Do hats and gloves determine if a queen consort is "outstaged" by another? I thought it might be presence, wit, intelligence and graciousness :)

Last edited:
Do hats and gloves determine if a queen consort is "outstaged" by another? :)

Of course not. It is just another subject for people to vent about. Will not change an important thing. America went through this with John Kennedy as he hated hats and would only wear very occasionally. Prior, men always wore hat to all things, even sports events. Look at old photos. Became the style because of John not to and then American men no longer wore their proper hats. Now, once again they have changed and all wearing those sports caps everywhere they go.

Same as some woman wear a lot of jewelry while others don't need as they are confident without the added signs of wealth. I see all the time on women of wealth in NY and Chicago. It is just the changing style and a person's personal taste. No one now feels they have to follow another's cookie cutter style. I personally think it is a healthy thing not to change your personal liked manner of fashion.

My pet peeve has always been dirty and ill looking makeup on women and wrong colored shoes on both men and women. Face and neck tattoos and tons of piercing also do nothing for me. But, it now seems to be quite the style on all walks of life. Again, nothing to bother changing the world about. Ten years from now it will be something else to vent about.

IMO, Letizia looked fine. She's a petite person standing next to a tall person with an outgoing taste for clothes. As Letizia can never out-Max Max, she does well being her lovely self.

It's not very useful (again IMHO) to compare royal ladies as their taste, body type, cultures, countries, personalities and preferences all dictate different choices.

It's fine for any of us to prefer one over another, as we all have our own personal taste. But if someone like Letizia were to start dressing like Maxima (or Metit Merit or others...) she would look quite unbalanced.

Does this implicate that Queen Máxima, who maintains royal standards when it is needed, is not a "modern, well informed Queen"?

:flowers:

Of course not! Simply that hopefully each queen is in touch with the circumstances of their own countries and that the economic positions of the two countries are quite different at the moment.
Letitzia maintains royal standards for Spain, which like it or not, could be different from the Netherlands as many have pointed out.

Do hats and gloves determine if a queen consort is "outstaged" by another? I thought it might be presence, wit, intelligence and graciousness :)

Presence, wit, intelligence and graciousness is hard to determine looking to pictures, which is what most people do. By the way, also on all four named criteria Doña Letizia has serious competition from her (future) counterparts. For centuries 'image' is all for royal persons and this has only become more important in our media-society.

[....] But if someone like Letizia were to start dressing like Maxima (or Metit Merit or others...) she would look quite unbalanced.

Eh... "unbalanced" when she appears royal for once?

This was a very balanced and most succesful outfit:
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Letizia+Spain+King+Felipe+VI+Spain+Wedding+43YAst-nmMNl.jpg

Another Wow!-appearance:
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+Felipe+Asturias+Royal+Wedding+Arrivals+kKiUe7rTwvml.jpg

Muy española...:
http://cdn.revistavanityfair.es/upl...princesa_letizia_con_peineta_1454_622x466.jpg

She can knock every royal lady, if she wants.

Another example and proof that Doña Letizia forgot who she is (the Queen of Spain) and to whom she was making a visit (to the King and Queen of the Netherlands). Already on the airport the Queen of Spain was mismatched with a "simple" Hofdame (= Lady-in-Waiting) welcoming her and who was more formal dressed than her...

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bz_X6DDCcAAvulS.jpg:large

Last edited by a moderator:

Letizia has chosen red for the visit in the Netherlands today, October 15:

** Full view ** Side/Back view ** Upper part/Side view **
I loved it- she looked like a Queen to me. Red is her color. When are the visits to Belgium and Luxembourg?

We have to look to the event: the King of Spain brings a visit to the King of the Netherlands. This is not just the neighbour hopping over to borrow a cup of sugar. Doña Letizia has misunderstood the protocol and etiquette.

Queen Mathilde is also not a so very hat-and-glove-type of person but when she made a visit to The Hague she knew she had to step up: http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Maxima+Belgian+Royals+Visit+Netherlands+uRF3EqEuF_Mx.jpg

Oh, wow! I hadn't seen Mathilde's outfit for that visit, or forgotten if I did! I love it from head to toe- the hat- the color. Love Maxima's outfit too. BTW, in that picture,she looks underdressed for once! Though still like a Queen.
That said, I still love L outfit.Mods feel free to move this to a different thread. I just wanted to quote a post from this one- not sure how to do so without posting in this one.

The red dress is pretty. What I don't like is the mismatched red shoes, and the over-sized clutch.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the outfit Letizia wore during her state visit with King WA and Queen Maxima at all, but of course I respect everybody's opinions. I respectfully disagree with those who said she is a little underdressed for the occasion - perhaps some think this because Letizia is standing next to Maxima, who is wearing quite a loud outfit. I love that shade of red on Letizia and the detailing on the right hand corner of the bottom half.

The only way she could have been more formal is to wear a hat and that is not what the Spanish Queen's do . Hats are not worn by them it is not their custom. She looks like what she is to me the Queen of Spain with her husband the King. I really don't think many people out side of boards like this care what she wears or even have opinions. I think the people she meets are very happy to have her there and are not judging her for what she is wearing she is there to do her job and represent her country.

My opinion of the introductory visit's outfit: Her dress is very beautiful and she looked very good, but I agree that next to Maxima, she looks too simple. I don't think she had to necessary wear a hat, there were other ways she could look more at Maxima's level: wearing an updo or more jewels, for example. Her hair made the outfit look more casual.

Two women with two very different styles - neither looks inappropriate. Leti is always understated, and Max always lives up to her name - Max!

Although Max does look a little OTT here, IMO.

My opinion of the introductory visit's outfit: Her dress is very beautiful and she looked very good, but I agree that next to Maxima, she looks too simple. I don't think she had to necessary wear a hat, there were other ways she could look more at Maxima's level: wearing an updo or more jewels, for example. Her hair made the outfit look more casual.

I understand that the Spanish royals don't tend to wear hats so I don't mind Letizia not wearing a hat at all. I mind when she attends such an event, her hair isn't styled well enough to cover the fact she isn't wearing a hat. Her overall at this event wasn't taken to the next level.

I loved it- she looked like a Queen to me. Red is her color. When are the visits to Belgium and Luxembourg?

Oh, wow! I hadn't seen Mathilde's outfit for that visit, or forgotten if I did! I love it from head to toe- the hat- the color. Love Maxima's outfit too. BTW, in that picture,she looks underdressed for once! Though still like a Queen.
That said, I still love L outfit.Mods feel free to move this to a different thread. I just wanted to quote a post from this one- not sure how to do so without posting in this one.

Coming month the King and Queen of Spain will bring a visit to Belgium and Luxembourg. I am curious to learn how Doña Letizia will present herself in these two countries. During the Dutch Introduction Visit to Luxembourg, the dresscode was the same as this week in The Hague: http://gpdhome.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c648253ef0192aa596d13970d-pi

Letizia looked professional in her Hugo Boss suit and Her Majesty was having a good hair day unlike in the Hague earlier this week.

I think Queen Letizia will present herself in the way she always does. Dressed well and not over done. I don't think she will wear a hat as the Spanish royals don't wear hat.

Very nice, professional for the event, she is one very beautiful lady and has such grace for any occasion, love her cute star earrings and that red lipstick!

Beautiful top and clutch. Loving the lipstick! Not liking the pants and shoes.

I love the colour of Letizia's top, but am not so keen on the pattern. The rest of her outfit is lovely, though her shoes aren't my favourites (but they're not terrible either).

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Love the color of this top. :flowers:

Letitia looked great! It's such colored/printed tops that make a suit look nice especially with someone who is a Queen.

The outfit was lovely on Letizia just not sure about her tendency to carry oversized clutches to events they look awkward.

Last edited:
Love this outfit! Classic black and white, but done with panache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom