The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-07-2018, 10:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2018/PPE18020704.jpg
too bad, it looks like a negligee, the rest is very nice.

http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...0180207_01.jpg

with animal print coat when entering

Old 02-07-2018, 10:38 AM
Nobility

I'm really confused about the comments on her top. There's no hint cleavage. It's solid black aside from a tiny bit of lace trim on top. It looks like a bog-standard choice for a top to wear under a blazer in most any work environment. What about that makes is not daytime or, and this really confuses me, "raunchy?"

Old 02-07-2018, 01:28 PM
Courtier

It's not revealing, but the lace gives it a lingerie/nighttime look, that IMO is not appropriate for day/business. I would not wear it to work. The rest of the outfit is nice, and I love her overcoat.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenPenny View Post
It's not revealing, but the lace gives it a lingerie/nighttime look, that IMO is not appropriate for day/business. I would not wear it to work. The rest of the outfit is nice, and I love her overcoat.
Well I don't understand not liking the lace top at all. Seems everyone has lace on them now-a-days. My minister's wife just had almost the exact look Sunday but hers was in peach. And let me tell you, those self-righteous gossip blue haired ladies siting together found no fault. Believe me they would have and all would have known by now in this town. I personally believe that maybe it was just the color black that people are finding too sexy for a queen. Me, I certainly hope that her lingerie and nightgowns are much more revealing and sexy then that conservative covered-up lace top.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:34 PM
Courtier

To each their own, which is why I included IMO in my post. I personally do not find lace suitable for daytime, but then again, I am extremely over the lace trend
Old 02-07-2018, 09:47 PM
Aristocracy

Everything looked fine (even with that lace trimmed top) until I saw that coat.

NO.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:11 AM
Serene Highness

The combination of the coat and lace top was too much, IMO, and to me the whole thing looked sloppy and out of place at this kind of event.

Her last two looks have been nice - two out of three isn’t bad.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:25 AM
Majesty

I am so confused. Lace is raunchy All royals wear lace in the day time, even the elderly, or very matronly dressed ones. Is it only Letizia who looks raunchy???

She looks great. Cute suit, lovely hair. The lace is a simple black top with a bit of added detail on top.

Only thing I hate is the awful outer coat.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:07 AM
Serene Highness

I love everything - also the Coat! No problem with the shirt with the bit lace on it - come on, where is the problem?
Bye Bine
Old 02-08-2018, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

The lingerie-inspired tops inside professional jackets are very popular where I live-work. But that tends to be always the case with some clothes that receive much crticism here and I consider perfectly normal
Old 02-09-2018, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Queen Letizia at the presentation of the 23rd Medallistica Tomas Francisco Prieto Award in Madrid today, February 9 - black top and a recycled Roberto Verino leopard jacquard pencil skirt:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** December 2017 **
Old 02-09-2018, 10:49 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
I'm really confused about the comments on her top. There's no hint cleavage. It's solid black aside from a tiny bit of lace trim on top. It looks like a bog-standard choice for a top to wear under a blazer in most any work environment. What about that makes is not daytime or, and this really confuses me, "raunchy?"
My thoughts exactly.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Each to their own ,all opinions counts and everyone has different tastes regarding fashion.

Not crazy about todays outfit but Letizia was the best dressed.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:21 PM
Courtier

I like the styling of the skirt (which I love) better in December. I love her earrings, but again, her make-up is too hash.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:32 AM
Majesty

Cute skirt.

Liked both versions of look. Bit more casual for the awards, without a blazer today. Looked a bit more business like last time. Both looks good.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:27 AM
Aristocracy

Usually not a fan of animal print, but this skirt with the all black top kinda works for me
Old 02-10-2018, 02:31 AM
Serene Highness

The skirt looks better paired with this top as opposed to the previous time she wore it. And it’s a better/more pulled together/more appropriate look overall than the previous one with the lingerie inspired top.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Letizia looks great - like some others here, I'm normally not a great animal print lover; but this skirt is wonderful.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-12-2018, 04:19 AM
Nobility

I'm not usually animal-print lover but this one looks lovely. Liked the way this skirt was styled both times. It would be interesting to see how this skirt will look with white blouse/top. And its good to see that she has her hairends trimmed.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Queen Letizia at the delivery of the National Innovation and Design Awards 2017 in Madrid today, Februray 12 - wearing a Zara lace blouse and black pants:

** Full view with coat ** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **