Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 11: December 2017 - April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really confused about the comments on her top. There's no hint cleavage. It's solid black aside from a tiny bit of lace trim on top. It looks like a bog-standard choice for a top to wear under a blazer in most any work environment. What about that makes is not daytime or, and this really confuses me, "raunchy?"

It's not revealing, but the lace gives it a lingerie/nighttime look, that IMO is not appropriate for day/business. I would not wear it to work. The rest of the outfit is nice, and I love her overcoat.

It's not revealing, but the lace gives it a lingerie/nighttime look, that IMO is not appropriate for day/business. I would not wear it to work. The rest of the outfit is nice, and I love her overcoat.

Well I don't understand not liking the lace top at all. Seems everyone has lace on them now-a-days. My minister's wife just had almost the exact look Sunday but hers was in peach. And let me tell you, those self-righteous gossip blue haired ladies siting together found no fault. Believe me they would have and all would have known by now in this town. I personally believe that maybe it was just the color black that people are finding too sexy for a queen. Me, I certainly hope that her lingerie and nightgowns are much more revealing and sexy then that conservative covered-up lace top.

Last edited:
To each their own, which is why I included IMO in my post. I personally do not find lace suitable for daytime, but then again, I am extremely over the lace trend :flowers:

Everything looked fine (even with that lace trimmed top) until I saw that coat.

NO.

The combination of the coat and lace top was too much, IMO, and to me the whole thing looked sloppy and out of place at this kind of event.

Her last two looks have been nice - two out of three isn’t bad.

I am so confused. Lace is raunchy :ohmy: All royals wear lace in the day time, even the elderly, or very matronly dressed ones. Is it only Letizia who looks raunchy???

She looks great. Cute suit, lovely hair. The lace is a simple black top with a bit of added detail on top. :flowers:

Only thing I hate is the awful outer coat. :ermm:

I love everything - also the Coat! No problem with the shirt with the bit lace on it - come on, where is the problem?
Bye Bine

The lingerie-inspired tops inside professional jackets are very popular where I live-work. But that tends to be always the case with some clothes that receive much crticism here and I consider perfectly normal :whistling:

I'm really confused about the comments on her top. There's no hint cleavage. It's solid black aside from a tiny bit of lace trim on top. It looks like a bog-standard choice for a top to wear under a blazer in most any work environment. What about that makes is not daytime or, and this really confuses me, "raunchy?"

My thoughts exactly.

Each to their own ,all opinions counts and everyone has different tastes regarding fashion.

Not crazy about todays outfit but Letizia was the best dressed.

I like the styling of the skirt (which I love) better in December. I love her earrings, but again, her make-up is too hash.

Cute skirt. :flowers:

Liked both versions of look. Bit more casual for the awards, without a blazer today. Looked a bit more business like last time. Both looks good.

Usually not a fan of animal print, but this skirt with the all black top kinda works for me

The skirt looks better paired with this top as opposed to the previous time she wore it. And it’s a better/more pulled together/more appropriate look overall than the previous one with the lingerie inspired top.

Letizia looks great - like some others here, I'm normally not a great animal print lover; but this skirt is wonderful.

I'm not usually animal-print lover but this one looks lovely. Liked the way this skirt was styled both times. It would be interesting to see how this skirt will look with white blouse/top. And its good to see that she has her hairends trimmed.

hmmmm hideous blouse..... one size smaller would have been better
BYe Bine

It works better with the coat so a jacket might have hidden the worst part of the unflattering blouse.

I'm not a fan of lace at all, but I love this top. It is too big for her, but she looks nice today.

The lace top looks extremely awkwardly-shaped, not a fan

Don't think the blouse is over sized, its just the style. And a horrid one at that. Usually don't like lace and this is a prime example. Not just the pirate sleeves.

I do like the jacket though.

Love this top. It has some real style! It is not the same old same old and I like it.
Many of you know how I am not a fan of black at this time of year. But the top lifted me, so I will forgive the pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom