Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 11: December 2017 - April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The traditions are different according to the countries and the religions.

The Queen of England is the head of the Anglican Church, for the British Royal Family these religious acts are very formal.

The Spanish Royal Family attends this mass privately, their attendance is not even announced in the agenda. They go to the mass with normal citizens, who wear normal clothes. Mallorca does not have a strong tradition of Holy Week as Andalucia, where people dress more formal for these events.

The Spanish tradition is to wear new clothes on Palm Sunday, Easter Sunday people do not dress in a special way.

Would it kill her to wear a dress?

Sorry, but I don't think pants are appropriate for Easter Sunday Mass, especially for the Queen. :sad:

Couldn't agree more but then, we've seen much worse outfits from Letizia at Easter Mass.

I love her outfit, but it's not appropriate for Easter Mass.

Couldn't agree more but then, we've seen much worse outfits from Letizia at Easter Mass.

As Lula said tradition between countries and their religion, even if it's the same, are quite different.

In Spain there are a very high number of women who wear pants to church, for two women with skirt or dress you could see eight with pants, I am not believer but if I need to attend a mass, except if it's a wedding or a first communion, I usually wear pants because inside of the church is not very warm precisely.

Andalucia for example is another world in Holy Week, there most of women wear black dress and even "peineta & mantilla", but for them these days are very important, something sacred.

It's a nice look but I would have preferred a skirt.

it's lovely until you reach the bottom the lenght of the pants isn't quite impressive i don't know what with all the royal ladies lately and those short baggy pants,maxima Rania and now Letizia

As Lula said tradition between countries and their religion, even if it's the same, are quite different.

In Spain there are a very high number of women who wear pants to church, for two women with skirt or dress you could see eight with pants, I am not believer but if I need to attend a mass, except if it's a wedding or a first communion, I usually wear pants because inside of the church is not very warm precisely.

Andalucia for example is another world in Holy Week, there most of women wear black dress and even "peineta & mantilla", but for them these days are very important, something sacred.
Thank you and lula for telling us the Spanish traditions for dress for Easter. I find it very interesting that new clothes are worn on Palm Sunday

A better look overall this year for Letizia compared to previous years. I like the top, dislike the pants. No issue with women wearing pants in church here but the outfit is still too casual for the occasion and her position. She looks out of place compared to the rest of the family.

Would it kill her to wear a dress???No. But why should she??? :ermm:

Just because the British royals dress up in dresses and hats for every occasion, doesn't mean other royals need to. Letizia is a 21st century queen. Like Maxima, Victoria and other younger royal ladies, she understands you can be dressed up and formal, without being in a dress. If you expect women to still wear easter dresses and bonnets to church on Easter, you may die of shock going to church.

Letizia looked quite lovely and appropriate. She was not casual, a woman can wear pants and be more formal then many skirts or dresses.

Not sure it's appropriate or not as I am not familiar with church/mass occasion, but she looks fine to me (even though I want to take off the buttons on her pants). No need to compare the Spanish to the British, different styles different traditions different protocols.

OT: Some poster menetioned peineta & mantilla, I think Letizia looks very gorgeous with peineta & mantilla and it's a pity that she doesn't wear them now.

I didn't like Letizia's outfit not because she wore pants. I didn't like this kind of short pants she seems to like, the combination of the length and the evening starrish shoes was not suitable neither for the occasion not for her position. It was a woman evening out outfit, good for an elegant lady to have a drink in town.
What I would say in the now 15 years we can follow Letizia's appearances and except some absolutely gorgeous evening dresses, in all her other appearances she never did more than a very elegant well paid company's high secretary or middle managerial lady. She never approached the regal elegance of a CP Mary or Queen Mathilde or Duchess of Cambridge.
She even many times slipped on a red carpet style, widely discussed to this forum.
I take out of my comment her evening gowns, almost always perfect

It is one of her better casual appearances on Easter.

It is one of her better casual appearances on Easter.
I agree. I think we have come to expect her to wear something other than a dress to Easter mass, so this does not surprise me. I actually like the outfit, and yes, one of her better Easter appearances.

usually we see letizia wearing fairly informal and 'out of the mould' outfits for easter mass, which is strange as it is a rather formal occasion on the calendar of the monarchy of a catholic country. however, i rather liked the trousers she picked, they were a bit different and funky with the buttons at the side. the top, on the other hand, looked cheap unfortunately.

Letizia's outfit seems a bit business like for a church service, but she looks nice nevertheless. I like her polka dot top.

The outfit is awful, from head to toe. The shirt is decent and could have worked well with other trousers or better a skirt. What can I say about the bag...? Cheap. She looks like and H&M clerk. A 17 year-old at a family event may have gotten away with it but a 45-year old Queen no. Thumbs down. (..)

Letizia is a 21st century queen

But still a queen - some formality is expected. I've seen her in informal outfits that were lovely. This is just an informal, ugly outfit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind her wearing pants, but ugh those pants are horrid.

Nice and profession looking outfit her hair too looks very lovely today.

I like the trench but I always hat men's shoes on her, if flats ballerinas look much better.

Really cute outfit, just perfect on her and love the long sleeve shirt.....kinda preppy I think, casual and well put together.

Letizia looks great in the casual look. :flowers:

Though I think her daughters take the prize for coats. Love their trenches.

Extremely elegant, bravo, Ma'am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom