Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 10: July 2017 - November 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked the yellow dress and Letizia always looks amazing in red.

Last edited:
This is my favourite!! Beautiful outfit!!

The skirt is nice but rolled up sleeves visiting Westminster Abbey,the tomb of the unknown soldier and Eleanor of Castille,oh Letizia words fail me at times!

Love the skirt! I like the top too..but the belt is kinda odd...maybe a wider belt.

LaRae

I think the embroidered skirt is very pretty. It would have been better with another top though.

She looks lovely. I love the skirt.

Visit to Westminster Abbey & 10 Downing Street

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/07/13/12/424A0A8600000578-4691984-image-m-44_1499943931667.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/07/13/11/424A050500000578-4691984-image-a-27_1499943471870.jpg

Repeated CH outfit - I love the skirt, very pretty, but a blouse with rolled up sleeves and the shoes are not good enough/approriate for the occasion.

No hat, no gloves, no coat, a blouse with rolled-up sleeves during a State Visit, visiting a monumental eccelstical building and the Prime Minister.... This was supposed to be Her Majesty The Queen of Spain?

:bang:

The skirt is nice but rolled up sleeves visiting Westminster Abbey,the tomb of the unknown soldier and Eleanor of Castille,oh Letizia words fail me at times!

That's what I thought too.
It's a pretty outfit, but not for that type of event.
Much too casual!

That's what I thought too.
It's a pretty outfit, but not for that type of event.
Much too casual!

When she gets it right, she shines. But the sky high heels and blouse are a big miss.

Especially the shoes are ways off the path.
The skirt is very nice, but I dont like the top, too, although its when it comes to the color, fitting. But something more decent would have been better, I think.

No hat, no gloves, no coat, a blouse with rolled-up sleeves during a State Visit, visiting a monumental eccelstical building and the Prime Minister.... This was supposed to be Her Majesty The Queen of Spain?

I corrected my post, it looks as if Felipe met the PM on his own. So it was Westminster Abbey & the Spanish embassy.

The one place in the U.K. you want to err on the side of caution, tradition and respect. I thought after the decent start yesterday things would be ok but now I'm seeing Letizia paying her "respects" in Westminster Abbey in unevenly rolled up sleeves, sloppily undone buttons to the point where one more undone button would be indecent and sky high heels.

At least she could be bothered to do something with her hair, which is more than can be said for a lot of her engagements in Spain. And Felipe is dressed impeccably.

How I completely agree with you, this is a professional woman and most of the time she dresses so unprofessional for the event. Just because she is Queen of Spain does not mean she should dress however she feels, this woman is representing her country and leaves a lot to be desired by her clothing choices. She is not a *Tourist* for goodness sake!

I agree. Epic fail at Westminster Abbey for Letizia.
:sad:

Just because she is Queen of Spain does not mean she should dress however she feels
I would say especially because she is queen of Spain.

I like the outfit, but agree that it is inappropriate for the occasion. Her hair looks great!

Letizia's yellow outfit was so outdated. The dress looked like a night slip with a lace border, the coat being that length looked odd with the lace longer. The hat was plain hideous.

Red outfit - Amazing! She wore it so well IMO but a bit underdressed for parliaments visit.

I very much agree with that yellow outfit, to me it look like playing dress up from mom's closet. And what are those things on the bottom of that outfit, like cut outs from well worn fabric attached to the coat and dress. Maybe if the dress had those cutouts and the coat was the same length as the dress and all a person could see was the bottom of the dress occasionally peeking out behind the coat it would be nice........this was a disaster for a state visit.

The red was okay, not sure about the top part as there was lots of fabric there and the collar seemed to puffy to me. The color on her was perfect, that is her color anytime. I did not like the belt buckle or the things at the top of her dress, it was just okay not great.

Today's outfit to Westminster Abbey was very nice - we've seen this type of outfit before with a skirt and blouse combination and the sleeves rolled up, but at what specific events I cannot recall.
I think it's fine for a "working" engagement, say a meeting or a conference, but I agree with others that for a visit to a church it is maybe a little casual.

Today's outfit to Westminster Abbey was very nice - we've seen this type of outfit before with a skirt and blouse combination and the sleeves rolled up, but at what specific events I cannot recall.
I think it's fine for a "working" engagement, say a meeting or a conference, but I agree with others that for a visit to a church it is maybe a little casual.

Come on, Eleanor of Castile was a queen who lived in the 13th century, and, as far as the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is concerned, Queen Letizia showed proper decorum. She was wearing a skirt and long sleeves.

I agree,s he looked quite proper, her ch outfit was very beautiful, the turquoise and diamond earrings from her mil a brilliant choice, and her hair and makeup perfect

The sleeves were not rolled up. If you look at pictures of her in this look in Italy and Florida you will see the same. It's just the detail of the sleeves.

Letizia looks lovely. The skirt is beautiful and the top is a lovely match. :flowers:

This was a tour if a church not a church service. It didn't require formal wear. On a warm summer day, a coat would be over kill. And gloves in hot weather gives off the 'commoners have leprosy' vibe. I know it is tradition with the older ladies, but not one I don't hate seeing go. Everyone loves comparing to Sofia. If you look at Sofia when touring a church and not at service, she has even been known to wear pants. The epitome of Spanish queen to some here.

Spanish royals also very rarely wear hats. And you could argue it's actually more polite no hat. In many churches, unless a veil, hats aren't proper.

She has looked fine on this trip. The church visit was not a service I think she was dressed alright nothing revealing or too short.

I don't like it, the top doesn't seem to fit well and doesn't combine well with that skirt.
It isn't horrible, just blah.

Not a fan of the top...I really like the skirt and shoes...but the top seems out of place.

LaRae

the skirt is lovely, and i will ignore the ill fitting top because of that. the purse today looks like a beauty, i hope we get more pictures. is letizia carrying two clutches today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom