Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 10: July 2017 - November 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope she packed a raincoat

What is the forecast for tomorrow ? I hope it doesn't rain during the welcome ceremony.

On a separate note, unrelated to Queen Letizia's fashion properly, I think King Felipe would look better if he shaved.

What is the forecast for tomorrow ? I hope it doesn't rain during the welcome ceremony.

On a separate note, unrelated to Queen Letizia's fashion properly, I think King Felipe would look better if he shaved.

London c.11:00 tomorrow is cloudy, 18C - building to a high of 22C late afternoon.

But its unpredictable. The rain we should have had yesterday pm and overnight arrived at 17:00 this afternoon.

Felipe has always had a bit of a weak chin,which is more noticeable as he gets older and which the beard helps to hide. I do think the beard ages him a bit, but at least he keeps it well groomed and neat looking.

i think felipe looks good with beard. just like haakon, it seems to suit them. but i agree that when he shaves, he looks more youthful. maybe in his position he now benefits from giving a more mature image and hence why he has sported a beard for most of the time since becoming king.

Queen Letizia looked super elegant in her white outfit. What a contrast it was between departure from Spain (all sunny and warm) and arrival to London (gloomy and rainy). But I don't think she looked ridiculous in the rain. She looked kind of cute holding her umbrella and bravely defying bad weather. But if considering holiday destination, then you can guess which country gets my vote ;)
I must say this summer sucks in so many places of Europe! In Estonia its also rainy morning. Umbrella [and perhaps wellington bots] is a must-be accessory this summer! But its luckily quite warm.

Okay, weather aside, I want to see lots of lovely outfits and beautiful jewellery during the visit :)

Last edited:
:previous:
Just wondering here, wouldn't someone in their administration check the weather before hand to see what was needed? And wouldn't there always be a trench coat held by the lady in waiting for occasions like this? This seems like poor planning on someone's part for you are correct in looking at that picture....

:previous:
Just wondering here, wouldn't someone in their administration check the weather before hand to see what was needed? And wouldn't there always be a trench coat held by the lady in waiting for occasions like this? This seems like poor planning on someone's part for you are correct in looking at that picture....

It was still quite warm, so not sure a trech coat was needed, for the very short journey down the steps of the plane and into the car.

Finally the Queen of Spain with a hat and gloves... hopefully Letizia will discover the pleasure of dressing like a royal indeed.

Yellow isn't flattering to a lot of women but Queen Letizia looked lovely, very chic. She doesn't usually wear hats so this yellow chapeau was a beautiful bonus.

I'm not a fan. Designer is likely to be Varela and it's very similar to at least 2 or 3 outfits Letizia already has (communion of her daughters, Lux wedding), so no creative ideas here.
It's a proper outfit incl hat and gloves but I don't think the yellow is flattering.

Last edited:
It is from Varela but for me too something don't like it. She is of course very elegant with her everything but ..maybe the color.

The outfit is appropriate but not a good one. The dress and the coat would be great without the applications at the hem. The hat was a wrong choice, it doesn't look good on Letizia. And yellow isn't Letizia's colour, at least not in the hat.

I don't like it. Yellow is a difficult colors and she looks like a moving scrambled egg. Maybe it's a bit too matchy matchy...

I do like it and great to see Letizia wearing a hat ,do we know who designed it.

The Spanish millinery industry must be rejoicing that a Spanish royal is finally wearing a hat ;)

The entire look reminds me of the Duchess of Cambridges style.

I do like it and great to see Letizia wearing a hat ,do we know who designed it.

The Spanish millinery industry must be rejoicing that a Spanish royal is finally wearing a hat ;)

The entire look reminds me of the Duchess of Cambridges style.

I think Letizia looks lovely, young and fresh. What a profile !

Letizia looks good overall today at the start of the state visit. That shade of yellow isn't really her colour but the cut is nice and I like the effect of the ruffles on the coat and dress at the bottom.

I love the hat and thank god she wore her hair up and properly styled. Now is not the time for scraggly ends and a "wind blown" - thank you, Daily Mail - look.

She looks lovely, appropriate, and her hair is up so no scraggly ends showing. Her make-up does look too dark to me however.

i am not sure what letizia decided to wear but that colour (and that hideous hat) are not flattering on her. not disastrous and still totally appropriate, but not the elegant chic and modern letizia i was expecting to see. she almost never wears yellow either, and i think there is a good reason why (it just doesn't look as good on her, and on many people, as other colours), so i am unsure why she thought it would be a good colour this time.

does letizia travel with a hairdresser and a make up professional? i assume for certain low key events she probably doesn't but given this is a state visit i wonder if someone came with her that she trusts or if maybe her committee / the hotel arranges for some professionals to come to her. we know kate travels with her hairdresser, and so does mary, but we never heard anything on letizia. her hairdo looks quite complex to do it herself.

I personally think that Queen Letizia looks stunning. Actually hate hats 95 present of the time but at least this one matches color. Yellow or gold colored cloth is one of my favorite on women under 50. I actually love the tone on her. The cut and shape of this outfit is striking on a slim figure. I personally can find no fault. Hope they enjoy themselves.

:previous: Its def a Kate outfit, incl the nude shoes ?

I was actually thinking she reminded me a little of Maxima.

Now that I'm seeing higher quality images I'm not liking this look as much as I initially did. I still like the fact she's well groomed with the hat and hair appropriate for the occasion. But the yellow is really doing her no favours and I agree with whoever said her makeup is very heavy. If it looks that way in photographs it will look ten times heavier in real life.

That being said, this particular outfit may not be my favourite but there's no denying she's dressed appropriately for the role of the wife of a head of state visiting a foreign country, which is what matters.

i am not sure what letizia decided to wear but that colour (and that hideous hat) are not flattering on her. not disastrous and still totally appropriate, but not the elegant chic and modern letizia i was expecting to see. she almost never wears yellow either, and i think there is a good reason why (it just doesn't look as good on her, and on many people, as other colours), so i am unsure why she thought it would be a good colour this time.

does letizia travel with a hairdresser and a make up professional? i assume for certain low key events she probably doesn't but given this is a state visit i wonder if someone came with her that she trusts or if maybe her committee / the hotel arranges for some professionals to come to her. we know kate travels with her hairdresser, and so does mary, but we never heard anything on letizia. her hairdo looks quite complex to do it herself.
I am sure she does travel with hairdresser, make up artist and everything else,I think all they have the same, from Maxima, Mary, Mathilde, all of them1 they look too perfect Add to dictionary, all this ladies so I am sure they have a group of people to their feet!

Especially with hats and tiaras involved, any royal lady will need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom