Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 10: July 2017 - November 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a cute summer dress. as always, a tad too short though.

Adults tend to wear shorter then preteens. :lol:

Lovely summer dress. All three ladies looking nice on vacation :flowers:

A really cute dress and perfect for the summer, yet a way bit to short for her who is a Queen of Spain. Sometimes I think she wants to be more rich young sexy lady then the Queen of Spain in her clothing choices. Even though she is young and gorgeous her position when out anywhere in public should always reflect that position of being queen, not the way of a Hollywood starlet which she does sometimes.

Bit on the shortside but other than that its nothing special,looks like a pillowcase.

I like the dress a lot but think it's too short and too casual for a public event.

Felipe and the kids are spot on, though.

Bit on the shortside but other than that its nothing special,looks like a pillowcase.

A pillowcase is exactly what that dress brings to mind :flowers: But I do love her sandals, and her hair looks nice.

I don't know where the pillowcase- identifiers live, but where I live, we are much more likely to wear a loose light-colored cotton dress on a hot August day than a tight garment in a dark color. A pillowcase style is just sensible hot weather wear wherever you may live!

Love the dress. Perfect outfit for a hot summer day

I find it humorous that royals are seen in bathing suits and beach gear and no one bats an eye. But Letizia has to be on duty even ion vacation. Silvia was recently in a bathing suit on vacation, I don't recall any outrage of how unqueenly it was.

I like the dress a lot but think it's too short and too casual for a public event.

Felipe and the kids are spot on, though.
Was she at a public engagement?

I thought they were just taking a casual stroll through the town. If you can't be seen out dressed down appropriate to the heat when on holidays when can you? :lol:

If the answer for a Queen is you can't, poor Letizia! :ermm:

Letizia looks great but I agree with the posters who have said that the dress is a little too short. This length also makes it appear as quite childish; Leonor and Sofia could happily wear it and get away with it. A longer length would be more sophisticated.

Yes, she was. The press was notified they would be there, they went on a guided tour of the museum, which was recorded the entire time.
The presence of the press does not make it a public engagement.

Short as the dress may be, this was a relaxed holiday setting, and IMO, there was nothing wrong in her wearing a dress of ghe type.

The presence of the press does not make it a public engagement.

Short as the dress may be, this was a relaxed holiday setting, and IMO, there was nothing wrong in her wearing a dress of ghe type.
The fact they notified the press they were going to be at the museum and also got pictures and videos taken during the guided tour that was arranged especially for them and involved members of the Miro and Picasso family makes it a public engagement. They were at a publicized event in their capacity as the Royal Family. This was not Felipe and Letizia spontaneously deciding to take their daughters to a random museum. As noted above, the visit to the exhibition showcasing the friendship between Picasso and Miro was arranged after the photocall at Marivent was moved from the garden that showcases some apparently beautiful Miro sculptures. This was the consolation prize and I wouldn't be surprised if the visit wasn't at least partly the result of a friendly "suggestion" from the Miro family/foundation.

Again, great dress for a day at the beach or market followed by casual dinner and drinks with friends. For the situation described above? IMO not the best choice.

I like the white dress for summer - even when going to the museum. In fact, I looked at my sleeveless, pin tucked, sleveless linen dress and smiled when I saw her wearing this. I love a good sleveless white frock in the summer on most anyone. Dressing in white makes one feel so cool and fresh...

Actually, when I go to an art gallery, I purposefully dress in a solid neutral color and for comfort. Partly for myself and mostly so that I am not some huge "look at meeeeeeeeeee" thing in the middle of a gallery. But my head is working hard while I am viewing art, so comfort is important too.

Again, great dress for a day at the beach or market followed by casual dinner and drinks with friends. For the situation described above? IMO not the best choice.

I have to agree. When I first saw the dress, I thought it was a beach cover-up.
I think it's pretty but not for that occasion.

Anyway- I usually freeze in museum. They tend to blast the air-conditioning in summer, so I always take a jacket.

The fact they notified the press they were going to be at the museum and also got pictures and videos taken during the guided tour that was arranged especially for them and involved members of the Miro and Picasso family makes it a public engagement. They were at a publicized event in their capacity as the Royal Family. This was not Felipe and Letizia spontaneously deciding to take their daughters to a random museum. As noted above, the visit to the exhibition showcasing the friendship between Picasso and Miro was arranged after the photocall at Marivent was moved from the garden that showcases some apparently beautiful Miro sculptures. This was the consolation prize and I wouldn't be surprised if the visit wasn't at least partly the result of a friendly "suggestion" from the Miro family/foundation.

Exactly, the outing at the museum certainly wasn't a private activity, it was arranged as part of this working holiday.

Officially they are on holidays and as any other Spaniard they have their right to 20 business days break. It may not be respected but is their right.

During the early days of JC and Sofia in Mallorca, the SRF had one photo op for a dozen or so journalists with the tacit agreement that they would be left alone the rest of their holidays. Unfortunately these days, instead of a dozen, there are 70 or 80 journos waiting for any chance to take their picture in Mallorca. They may be officially on holidays but the paps expect them to be available for pictures. They can't win.

The white dress is perfect for Mallorca (specially when we are in the middle of heat wave). The white is the traditional ibizenco style of the islands, it's linen and short. I've visited the Toledo cathedral in summer wearing shorts and no one bats an eyelid. Obviously is not what some of you wear in your own countries but in Spain, in summer, light and short is what we wear when no working.

Letizia and Felipe looked more formally dressed during the meeting with the Mallorcan community (when Queen Sofia usually wears her flower pajamas :D ). The only other time when formal dress is appropriate during their holidays is the meeting of Felipe with the Spanish Prime Minister.

Last edited:
A very simple but elegant outfit for the hospital visit and her hair looks much better tied up than loose.

Simple but elegant, appropriate for event. Hair looks good back :flowers:

I love her dress at the memorial. It's sad to see both her & her husband looking so devastated.

She looks elegant and appropriate at the Mass.

Last edited:
Very somber and dignified look for both events ,just don't like Letizia's hair down.

Both black looks are very beautiful and timeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom